Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Want to share that:
I've upgraded to Nvidia 8.0.1, mainly because Netflix stopped working (error on every title, on the app and in the addon)
The upgrade solved the issue.
I have kodi 18.5 and addon 0.16
all the previous titles in the library did not work after the upgrade. 
I uninstalled the addon and installed again, had to add all my items again to the library but now everything is working.
4K, atmos, subtitles. no nightly required.
(2019-12-09, 17:33)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-09, 09:41)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-09, 00:42)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, but the Netflix addon shows the wrong video category, as I proved with my screenshot, so the text should be corrected in the Netflix addon. My suggestion is to use the generic word 'Videos' for both categories (as Amazon VOD does), because there are lists with mixed content (shows and movies), for example 'Recommended for you' or 'Netflix Originals'.

I appreciate your work. This addon is very stable and highly configurable. I just want to help.
Thanks            
Show me the menu with a screenshot that opens the list of your previous screenshot            
A picture is worth a thousand words:

Note that I have a spanish account, therefore you'll see a lot of menu entries in spanish (in spite of I have changed the interface language to English). If you can change not only the text 'TV Shows/Movies' on the upper left corner, but also internally for Kodi the video category to a generic category 'Videos', it is likely Library Integration Tool works perfectly with your addon, because LIT could not detect the content type of this list and then LIT would ask the user the content type (currently LIT incorrectly detects this list as a TV Show list). Amazon VOD works perfectly with LIT in this way and remember there are lists with mixed content.

I'm glad to help. Thank you very much indeed for your support. 

Now it is clear,
i will see what i can do
I am looking for a newer version of this thread. One with full links (without "...") and for 18.5. That will actually work.

Previous tutorials I followed for this netflix addon have all failed.

How-to remove the broken netflix repository?

At this stage I am looking at two options. Reflash and begin anew with hours of settings and updates to get this far OR scratching the kodi project over any support being faulty.
@CastagnaIT  : How could I improve the spanish translation of your addon? I have seen some messages and labels on dialog boxes without translation and I'd like to collaborate on your project.
(2019-12-10, 13:55)Mark068 Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for a newer version of this thread. One with full links (without "...") and for 18.5. That will actually work.

Previous tutorials I followed for this netflix addon have all failed.

The links, tutorial and addon work for me on linux and an andriod box, both with kodi 18.5. Who knows what your problem could be.
(2019-12-10, 14:00)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]@CastagnaIT  : How could I improve the spanish translation of your addon? I have seen some messages and labels on dialog boxes without translation and I'd like to collaborate on your project.

Discussion here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...issues/306

i have planned a new release in about 3 days
so if you want translate, let me know in github post, so i can include it in the new release
I'm getting the "failed validation" error others have reported. Input stream helper claims it can't find any widevine module, but supposedly my device supports it.

It's an Android xiaomi projector with an amlogic SoC, the app 'DRM check' claims it has Widevine support. But input stream helper can't seem to find it. Is this why I'm getting validation error?

Do I need to manually load the Widevine module to some folder? Not sure what to do.
(2019-12-10, 10:13)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]Want to share that:
I've upgraded to Nvidia 8.0.1, mainly because Netflix stopped working (error on every title, on the app and in the addon)
I uninstalled the addon and installed again, had to add all my items again to the library but now everything is working.

4k automatically starts? You don't have to manually select the 4k stream?
i've installed add-on and hdr and dolby atmos working. i've have some subtitles that are not proper display. do i missed something? And every time I start a movie I have to manually enable subtitles. Image
(2019-12-15, 08:57)jadel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-10, 10:13)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]Want to share that:

4k automatically starts? You don't have to manually select the 4k stream? 
yes, automatically.
(2019-12-15, 10:07)pur13 Wrote: [ -> ]i've installed add-on and hdr and dolby atmos working. i've have some subtitles that are not proper display. do i missed something? And every time I start a movie I have to manually enable subtitles. Image
those "strange writings" are encodings for special characters, it's a InputStream addon bug, should be resolved in the next release of InputStream addon
let us know what is your language
so upgrade to latest version 0.16.1, and after the update let us know if the subtitles remain enabled
Hi Everyone, I'm running the nightly build of kodi 18.5 and v0.16 of the Netflix for Kodi addon on a 2017 Shield, and while I get Dolby Atmos I don't see 4K or get an option to select the screen. Anyone know why this is happening?
(2019-12-16, 11:55)lohita Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everyone, I'm running the nightly build of kodi 18.5 and v0.16 of the Netflix for Kodi addon on a 2017 Shield, and while I get Dolby Atmos I don't see 4K or get an option to select the screen. Anyone know why this is happening?

instruction here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...back-at-4k
(2019-12-16, 10:40)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-15, 10:07)pur13 Wrote: [ -> ]i've installed add-on and hdr and dolby atmos working. i've have some subtitles that are not proper display. do i missed something? And every time I start a movie I have to manually enable subtitles. Image
those "strange writings" are encodings for special characters, it's a InputStream addon bug, should be resolved in the next release of InputStream addon
so upgrade to latest version 0.16.1, and after the update let us know if the subtitles remain enabled

Language for subtitles is Romanian.

I update to 0.16.1 and now the subtitles remain enabled.

those "strange writings" appear on some movies. 6 underground is one of them. On Irishman it's ok.

If matters on KODI/ player settings/language/ subtitles / character set : Central Europe (ISO)
(2019-12-16, 16:52)pur13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-16, 10:40)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]

Language for subtitles is Romanian.

I update to 0.16.1 and now the subtitles remain enabled.

those "strange writings" appear on some movies. 6 underground is one of them. On Irishman it's ok.

If matters on KODI/ player settings/language/ subtitles / character set : Central Europe (ISO) 
Try setting a different encoding for the subtitles (maybe UTF-8). I never had any issues with the Romanian subtitles inside this Kodi addon.