Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have a stuttering problem for a long time and I can't find a solution. I've been following this thread for a long time. I've tried all the options and solutions from this thread as well as different versions of Kodi. I'm using Kodi, mostly to watch Netflix with the ARCTIC HORIZON 2 skin. I'm using a LAN cable. Nvidia Shield 2019. The movie I played and for which I have attached the log I have 7 interruptions. I would be very grateful if you could see the log I am attaching and help me.

https://paste.kodi.tv/bevozijayi.kodi
Hello, just a question : I tried to install Kodi 20.1 and Netflix addon on a Firetv stick. And the Netflix addon doesn’t work : I’m connected, I can see the list of the movies I’m currently watching, but I try to play a movie, nothing happens.

Does anybody using a firetv can tell me if the Netflix addon works ? Maybe my config is broken.

My bad  : I forgot I installed a 21 alpha version, which works fine but not with the Netflix addon apparently...
I erased everything, reinstalled the official 20.1 version : everything works. Sorry.
(2023-06-03, 21:34)etgecata Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I have a stuttering problem for a long time and I can't find a solution.

I have similar issues. I tried changing the server option in the addon to Server 2 or 3, but it doesn't matter much. The only thing that seems to work somewhat is choosing a lower bitrate for the stream (you can do this by setting the Input Stream Adaptive addon to "Ask quality").

Personally, I suspect my ISP to be throttling connections to Netflix at certain times. Because I get the impression that the stuttering happens a lot less (or not at all) during the day time. And like I said choosing a lower bitrate seems to help too.

But it's strange, because I have 1 Gbit fiber connection and speed tests are always around 900 Mbit up and down.

Also, the official app does not stutter. I get the impression that it is just better at adapting the bitrate on the fly than Kodi's InputStream Adaptive addon. IS:A also has an adaptive setting, but when I tried to use that, stuttering still occurred.

If your logs show any evidence of the stuttering, you should consider opening an issue on the Netflix addon or InputStream Adaptive GitHub.
I have tried all these things. Unfortunately to no avail. I'm pretty sure now that the problem is with InputStream Adaptive. When playing a local file, I've never had any stuttering and clipping. It is difficult with the log file, because there may be no stuttering for 30-40 minutes and then it starts.
ADD-ON UPDATE: NEW RELEASE

Has been released new version 1.22.1
with good and bad news:

FOR ANDROID:
An old workaround for MSL "incorrect password" error has been readd, then after login playback should works,
but this workaround may still not works for some android L1 brands/models raising other type of MSL errors.

In case of Widevine L3 device, after login playback should works with SD content, if MSL "incorrect password" error is shown again,
ensure that "540p workaround limit" is disabled on add-on "ESN/Widevine" expert settings

FOR WINDOWS / MAC OS:
Unfurnately no solutions has been found, then video playback still broken.

What has been discovered so far is a problem with the DRM license request,
where the DRM session challenge generated by Widevine library used does not match what the Netflix server expects
other details are from this GH message and over https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...1585557883
a solution will be difficult to find, as you would need someone with better knowledge of Widevine implementations that help me on this
or/and also hoping for a future change in the website...
System 1080P 4K Video Decoding
Windows ❌ *2 ❌ *2 Software
Linux (Android) *5, *6 ✔️ *1, *3 ✔️ *4 Software \ Hardware *4
Linux (Distributions) ✔️ *1 ❌ *2 Software
Linux (OSMC-CoreElec-LibreELEC-...) ✔️ *1 ❌ *2 Software
MacOS ❌ *2 ❌ *2 Software
iOS / tvOS Not supported

*1 With Software decoding 1080P is not guaranteed.
*2 Currently not available due to widevine limitations.
*3 To to have a chance to have all the videos at 1080P you must meet *4 requirements.
*4 Hardware decoding and 4k are supported only to devices with Netflix certification, Widevine Security Level L1 and HDCP 2.2 hardware.
*5 Some android devices do not work properly, this is due to restrictions implemented by netflix with devices with false certifications (often with some Chinese boxes) in rare cases even happened to not being able to play the videos.
*6 Due to technical limitations, Widevine L1 devices have a maximum resolution of 2160p, but may not fit certain makes/models. Widevine L3 devices have a maximum resolution of 540p.
Netflix add-on v1.22.1 stops supporting ad-supported subscription plans, when playing it will prompt "This add-on dont support playback videos with ads.Please use an account plan without ads." this until the support for ads is properly implemented.
So my shied app is locked to 540p, thats ok.
But can it be that the connected smart tv app, which has a different serial number and everything, also locked to 540?
the 4k samsung tv app is displaying 540 or max 720. I cant seems to fix it in any way. Netflix support didnt help.

Did anyone experienced something similar?
Other streaming services like Amazon and Disney I am getting 4K in one second.
In Netflix its also "thinking" for many seconds before starting.
I am running arch Linux, with Kodi Matrix and this add-on.

If I read the above table right I should not be surprised that the maximum resolution I can get is 540?
(2023-06-03, 21:34)etgecata Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I have a stuttering problem for a long time and I can't find a solution. I've been following this thread for a long time. I've tried all the options and solutions from this thread as well as different versions of Kodi. I'm using Kodi, mostly to watch Netflix with the ARCTIC HORIZON 2 skin. I'm using a LAN cable. Nvidia Shield 2019. The movie I played and for which I have attached the log I have 7 interruptions. I would be very grateful if you could see the log I am attaching and help me.

https://paste.kodi.tv/bevozijayi.kodi
The problem turned out to be in the Nvidia Shield. After I downgraded firmware to 8.2.3 I no longer have the interruptions and stuttering of the picture.
I have stuttering also when starting playback.
What I do is I go to options during playback, goto resolution and change 
it from 23 to 24. When already on 24 I change to 23.
I expected to stutter more because of changing native fps but it does not.
Maybe it will help you too.
@CastagnaIT I'm having a weird issue since a couple of weeks. I run the latest Kodi Omega nightlies on my Shield 2019 Pro with IS:A 21.1.3.

When I play some shows (I've been watching Manifest seasons 1-3 lately, which are 1080p max), the video stutters like crazy and audio is out of sync.

But as soon as I briefly enable and then disable the Player Debug Info overlay, everything goes back to normal.

I'm running the default Estuary skin.

Any clue what could be causing this? Something in Kodi's core or something in IS:A?
Please help me - nothing happens when trying to play video on Netflix, regardless of video quality (I'm logged correctly and can see the videos, but they simply don't start after playing)

ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/pi/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed
ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening

Widevine CDM installed, Rasberry 4, Retropie, Kodi 18.7
When pluging memory to pc windows I dont see any Kodi folders like mentioned resources/lib/services/msl/ , so far I have no idea how to edit or add some lines to any rasberry files yet.
(2023-08-10, 16:27)Swiniozaur Wrote: [ -> ]Please help me - nothing happens when trying to play video on Netflix, regardless of video quality (I'm logged correctly and can see the videos, but they simply don't start after playing)

ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/pi/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed
ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening

Widevine CDM installed, Rasberry 4, Retropie, Kodi 18.7
When pluging memory to pc windows I dont see any Kodi folders like mentioned resources/lib/services/msl/ , so far I have no idea how to edit or add some lines to any rasberry files yet.
Please ignore it, I manage too fix it after some updates.
Hello
Suddenly I stop getting the 4K stream.
Just checked everything, reinstalled the addon, reinstalled the inputstream, try different setups and nothing. Try it adaptive, fixed quality, ask me, etc and all I got is 1080 HDR.
The addon was working fine, so I don't know if the error is on my side or on the server side.
Here is my log
https://paste.kodi.tv/tuhezolara.kodi

Thanks in advance