Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There must have changed something on the Netflix side too though since devices that didn't upgrade at all are now limited to SD.
Hi! I'm new on Kodi. I have a Fire TV Stick 4k and I want to play netflix with the auto refresh rate and I thought Kodi was the rught way. With some time spent installing etc and whitelist the resolutions now with developer option on FTV I see that the resolution is up to 720p.
Can you confirm that I can't play at 4k with Netflix kodi addon? Or probably is something wrong with configuration.
(2020-05-24, 03:16)sepata Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 17:26)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 15:44)sepata Wrote: [ -> ]2.4.4.1 is the new version.   

2.5.4 is the new version, only 2.5.4.1 for CoreElec is not ready yet to download...   

2.4.4.1 is the newest CoreELEC version, which they released a couple of days ago, when the Netflix troubles started, but the good news is that they are working on an upgrade to be pushed with Kodi 18.7 soon. Hopefully that will fix the Netflix issue. 

Version 2.4.4.1 was released about a month ago, newest version is 2.4.5.1 ready to download from here.
(2020-05-22, 23:41)firest0rm Wrote: [ -> ]Hi AndrewJC,
Thanks for your response.
Already considered this as a possible cause for my problem. I tried watching streams from all Netflix categories, including Originals. "The Last Dance" for example.
But it doesn't work. The result remains the same.

Do you have any other ideas? Or someone else, maybe? :-)
I'm sorry, I don't. I was hoping that my simple idea was going to be the "oh jesus, I never thought of that" that solved the problem. 😂 I'm an IT guy and I know firsthand (both from having the stupid simple idea and from having the stupid simple idea given to me) how easy it is to overlook stuff like that.
New release 1.4.0 will be roll out day 30 or 31

I want to explain the current situation

in the last week, there have been resolution problems with all the ARM devices (android excluded) 
for a Netflix issue (so not caused by the add-on) netflix house has limited the resolution to 540p,
today the situation has returned to normal, resolutions until to 1080p are working again.

in recent days netflix are making other important changes, released (at this moment) only in some countries, have caused the inability to access/use the addon
the problem has been fixed/workaround, but i suspect there will be other problems soon due to other netflix website changes.

To who uses the Kodi library:
Has been implemented the profile selection when you play a video from Kodi library
this allows many problems to be fixed (see changelog).

The behaviour can be set in two ways:
- Always ask what profile use when play a video
- Use always the same profile when play a video

To customize this behaviour go to add-on settings->Playback [Library section]

---

Netflix add-on and language translation team

Currently this add-on as well as others available for Kodi is supported by a group of translators, who translate and keep the interface language updated in your language.

The translation team currently has about 30 members (of various country),
for personal commitments and limited time it is difficult keep translations constantly updated

it would be very welcome if someone would offer to join the translation team to help to translate add-ons interfaces in your language.

Even more people translating the same language are welcome, more people means less work and faster translations.

For join the team, need github account, then go to: https://github.com/orgs/add-ons/teams/translators

This is the page of translations requests: https://github.com/add-ons/translations/issues

In case of questions to join to the team or other contact "dagwieers" or "arvvoid" on GitHub, they will explain to you how to do.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help
(2020-05-27, 23:00)AndrewJC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-22, 23:41)firest0rm Wrote: [ -> ]Hi AndrewJC,
Thanks for your response.
Already considered this as a possible cause for my problem. I tried watching streams from all Netflix categories, including Originals. "The Last Dance" for example.
But it doesn't work. The result remains the same.

Do you have any other ideas? Or someone else, maybe? :-)
I'm sorry, I don't. I was hoping that my simple idea was going to be the "oh jesus, I never thought of that" that solved the problem. 😂 I'm an IT guy and I know firsthand (both from having the stupid simple idea and from having the stupid simple idea given to me) how easy it is to overlook stuff like that.    

I know those situations, described by you, very well. Laugh
As CastagnaIT already mentioned in his post above, the Netflix addon also works perfectly well again (1080p) on my Odroid N2 with CoreELEC 9.2.2, since a few hours.
Apparently, the issue was caused by Netflix, as already assumed.

@CastagnaIT 
I followed your tireless troubleshooting on Github for the last few days.
Outstanding work, thanks a lot!
(2020-05-28, 13:37)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]New release 1.4.0 will be roll out day 30 or 31
I would like to thank you for your continued work on this add-on.  I have Kodi 18.3 Leia Windows 10 Pro and the add-on stopped working.  Something definitely changed on Netflix's side because I have the Windows 10 Netflix app and that wouldn't work either until I updated it.  I would much rather watch Netflix with the Kodi add-on than the app or web browser so I will wait patiently till it is fixed.  Truthfully the Netflix app is there only as a backup in case Kodi plugin doesn't work for some reason.

I'm in the US since it appears to be region related.
(2020-05-10, 10:23)jimkaf Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked if the correct esn is reported in the add-on settings? There are some cases where to need to enter it manually and until that is done you'll be getting SD stream.

Hello friends, what "esn" can I add to have full hd? Thank you.
(2020-05-31, 05:42)diegohda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-10, 10:23)jimkaf Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked if the correct esn is reported in the add-on settings? There are some cases where to need to enter it manually and until that is done you'll be getting SD stream.

You'll find it in the official Netflix app on your Android device, menu path "Get Help"/"Device"/"ESN".
The new release 1.4.0 roll out yesterday...thank you very much...CastagnaIT...it works fine. Smile
(2020-05-31, 09:38)jimkaf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-31, 05:42)diegohda Wrote: [ -> ]

You'll find it in the official Netflix app on your Android device, menu path "Get Help"/"Device"/"ESN".
It doesn't work, I only see in SD. in the official netflix app. neither does it show me in HD. is that my tv is unknown brand. But it is full hd. How can I make it show me in kodi in full hd? Does any of a certified device have to be?
(2020-05-31, 23:34)diegohda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-31, 09:38)jimkaf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-31, 05:42)diegohda Wrote: [ -> ]Hello friends, what "esn" can I add to have full hd? Thank you.
It doesn't work, I only see in SD. in the official netflix app. neither does it show me in HD. is that my tv is unknown brand. But it is full hd. How can I make it show me in kodi in full hd? Does any of a certified device have to be?

You should realize, that some movies are forced to SD when software decoded. Due to Netflix restrictions, some movies can be played as HD only with hardware decoding. With this addon, SW decoder is used, so some movies won't be played as hd and there's nothing you can do with that.
With the new update I only get PCM audio now. I tried watching Lost in Space last night and my receiver showed PCM instead of the usual DD+ with Atmos. I still get 4k and Dolby Vision but no DD+ or Atmos. Anyone else have this issue?