Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-04-05, 13:46)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 08:30)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 07:59)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]I've just replied on the other thread with a couple of examples. I'm also running a raspberry pi with a boot of OSMC and Libreelec. Both operating systems produce the same results so i'm led to believe it is certainly a Kodi problem.

I'd still be on Jarvis if it supported SSL links.

Edit: Android is the same.

Thanks for that. SPMC and FTMC both support later versions of Python on Android which support the latest SSL TLS versions. It was in a thread on reddit in the Addons4Kodi section about Kodi and HTTPS.
I can't link to it because the title contains a banned addon. You'll have to use your Google-fu.
I came across a post yesterday that said that it is simply a question of using Krypton's python library in Jarvis. I made a Windows build last night. I'll have a go at testing it today.

Just done some testing and set up OSMC with a TVHeadend server. Channel changing is almost instant with this method rather than using an external link....
Takes alot of setting up but is more of a permanent solution.... Now, if only TV Guide Fullscreen could link with PVR and have the ability to record programs Wink

Is your OSMC TVHeadend setup using Krypton and iptv streams?

TV Guide Fullscreen can import the PVR channels in Stream Setup for playback. You have to setup the recording in the PVR itself.
You can use addon channels in the PVR if you use my PVR Plugin Player addon and the IPTV Simple Client.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304658

I'm not even going to attempt linking TV Guide Fullscreen to the PVR recording mechanism. They are too seperate to link. You can try it if like.
(2017-04-05, 13:58)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 13:46)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 08:30)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that. SPMC and FTMC both support later versions of Python on Android which support the latest SSL TLS versions. It was in a thread on reddit in the Addons4Kodi section about Kodi and HTTPS.
I can't link to it because the title contains a banned addon. You'll have to use your Google-fu.
I came across a post yesterday that said that it is simply a question of using Krypton's python library in Jarvis. I made a Windows build last night. I'll have a go at testing it today.

Just done some testing and set up OSMC with a TVHeadend server. Channel changing is almost instant with this method rather than using an external link....
Takes alot of setting up but is more of a permanent solution.... Now, if only TV Guide Fullscreen could link with PVR and have the ability to record programs Wink

TV Guide Fullscreen can import the PVR channels in Stream Setup for playback. You have to setup the recording in the PVR itself.
You can use addon channels in the PVR if you use my PVR Plugin Player addon and the IPTV Simple Client.

I'm not even going to attempt linking TV Guide Fullscreen to the PVR recording mechanism. They are too seperate to link. You can try it if like.

Yes, this is Krypton and I have tested with a dummy m3u of the Nasa stream and the iPlayer streams.

Linked through the guide, channel changing is 5 seconds and most, as opposed to the 16 seconds earlier.
I would say the krypton issue is definitely related to python as i'm pretty sure PVR /TVHeadend is C++? (I could be wrong..)

I haven't tested Simple client yet so i'm not sure if the results would be similar.
(2017-04-05, 14:12)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 13:58)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 13:46)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]Just done some testing and set up OSMC with a TVHeadend server. Channel changing is almost instant with this method rather than using an external link....

Yes, this is Krypton and I have tested with a dummy m3u of the Nasa stream and the iPlayer streams.

Linked through the guide, channel changing is 5 seconds and most, as opposed to the 16 seconds earlier.
I would say the krypton issue is definitely related to python as i'm pretty sure PVR /TVHeadend is C++? (I could be wrong..)

I haven't tested Simple client yet so i'm not sure if the results would be similar.

As a test could you just make or edit a favourites.xml file in userdata with just the BBC One stream and see how long that takes to become watchable.
There shouldn't be much python in that route.
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="BBC One" thumb="">PlayMedia(&quot;http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/simulcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/bbc_one_hd.m3u8&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>
(2017-04-05, 14:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 14:12)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 13:58)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Is your OSMC TVHeadend setup using Krypton and iptv streams?

As a test could you just make or edit a favourites.xml file in userdata with just the BBC One stream and see how long that takes to become watchable.
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="BBC One" thumb="">PlayMedia(&quot;http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/simulcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/bbc_one_hd.m3u8&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

Can you give me another stream to try. That one wont work for me. Possibly because i'm in NZ.
(2017-04-05, 15:00)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 14:43)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 14:12)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this is Krypton and I have tested with a dummy m3u of the Nasa stream and the iPlayer streams.

Code:
<favourites>
</favourites>

Can you give me another stream to try. That one wont work for me. Possibly because i'm in NZ.

Have a look in the log for a line like this and you can put the url directly in a favourite link between the &quot; marks.
Code:
NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: http://***************
It the url contains some time limited tokens it won't last for long.
Tried the streams I reported earlier from the other thread.

Load time is roughly the same through addons or favourites and simple player. Simple player is probably a second or two faster but nothing substantial.

Mapped the same links to a channel in TV Headend and again they load in half the time... I can't explain why. Possibly because the stream is being processed in the backend through linux locally?
(2017-04-05, 15:32)kjb85 Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the streams I reported earlier from the other thread.

Load time is roughly the same through addons or favourites and simple player. Simple player is probably a second or two faster but nothing substantial.

Mapped the same links to a channel in TV Headend and again they load in half the time... I can't explain why. Possibly because the stream is being processed in the backend through linux locally?

Can you try and put some numbers on the variations. The way I've been doing it is to use the mouse to get to the stream. Then press Enter to start it and x to stop it as soon as the channel is watchable. Then I do a search in the log for "OnKey" and record the number of seconds between Start and Stop or Enter and x.
Preferably some kind of table. The more details the better as we might be able to find out which Kodi component is taking all the time. It might be libCurl or VideoPlayer or ffmpeg or something else.
Kodi version | Addon | Stream | Time
I'll look into it over the next couple of days. Need to grab another sd card and hunt down an old version of osmc with jarvis.
(2017-04-05, 12:03)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-04, 22:40)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]I reset everything and tried the guide with VPN on and off but still off 8 hours.I have the TV Guide UK installed on my IPhone and time on it is correct.
I don't have the guide installed on my computer but I will try and see if it works.

I have used other guides in past and time was always correct but they became corrupted to often so I quite using them.

I really like your guide and can move it 8 hours ahead each time I go on if I have to but it's a pain.

See if 0.0.329 fixes it. If it does could you check whether the yo.tv sources work too.
It works when I set my timezone to Arizona on my Windows machine at least. I think the lack of summer time in Arizona didn't help. It must be cold there being in winter time all year. Wink

I think you fixed it. I updated the repo this morning and reset everything and added a few channels which appear to be on the correct time. I will add more channels later today but I think its good.

I really appreciate all you do on this. Not everybody would take the time to respond to all their individual problems.

Thanks sgain
(2017-04-05, 19:42)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 12:03)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-04, 22:40)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]I reset everything and tried the guide with VPN on and off but still off 8 hours.I have the TV Guide UK installed on my IPhone and time on it is correct.
I don't have the guide installed on my computer but I will try and see if it works.

I have used other guides in past and time was always correct but they became corrupted to often so I quite using them.

I really like your guide and can move it 8 hours ahead each time I go on if I have to but it's a pain.

See if 0.0.329 fixes it. If it does could you check whether the yo.tv sources work too.
It works when I set my timezone to Arizona on my Windows machine at least. I think the lack of summer time in Arizona didn't help. It must be cold there being in winter time all year. Wink

I think you fixed it. I updated the repo this morning and reset everything and added a few channels which appear to be on the correct time. I will add more channels later today but I think its good.

I really appreciate all you do on this. Not everybody would take the time to respond to all their individual problems.

Thanks sgain

Good. If it breaks again after British Summer Time ends let me know. Did you get a chance to check yo.tv?
I tried Yo TV once but when I went back to UK TV Guide all my channels still worked but I lost my custom order.

I am happy now everything works.
(2017-04-06, 21:10)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]I tried Yo TV once but when I went back to UK TV Guide all my channels still worked but I lost my custom order.

I am happy now everything works.

You can use your channel list from the tvguide.co.uk website if you put in your email address in Lab2.
I'm not sure if it preserves the order you set on their website though.
version 0.0.330 0.17.330a
- integration with VPN Manager for OpenVPN from Zomboided (https://github.com/Zomboided/service.vpn.manager)
- see Wiki for help (https://github.com/Zomboided/service.vpn.manager/wiki)

This will allow you to switch vpn depending on the addon playing the stream.
If you get stuck ask Zomboided at Github. I don't use a vpn.
Respect the laws of your country and the stream provider's terms and conditions.
Thanks primaeval this looks really great. where can I find more information on just categories formation and multiple names for the same channel listing EG BBC1 SD & BBC1 HD but BBC1 Scotland should not be included.
Thanks once again for your work.
(2017-04-07, 10:15)retrorat2410 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks primaeval this looks really great. where can I find more information on just categories formation and multiple names for the same channel listing EG BBC1 SD & BBC1 HD but BBC1 Scotland should not be included.
Thanks once again for your work.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for.

You can set up Alternative Streams for channels in Stream Setup. You can have BBC One with a default stream of BBC1 HD and an alternative stream of BBC1 SD.

Channel Categories are for grouping channels like Sport, Kids etc. You could have one for BBC if you want.

In the Channels dialog you can hide channels you don't want to see.