Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-11, 21:39)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]Wow you are really fast.
Thanks, my epg source is from http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/ry...Germany.gz
Have a script to download it one time per day and grap it locally in Kodi

Okay Teleboy issue fixed Smile cool

I couldn't see anything wrong with the channels functionality but I don't have that many channels set up in mine.
See if you can pin the problem down to some exact repeatable sequence and I'll see if there is something I can fix.
(2016-10-11, 21:44)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]See if you can pin the problem down to some exact repeatable sequence and I'll see if there is something I can fix.

At te moment I only use arrow buttons to sort, but its easy to repeat. Just grap one to the left and go up or down the list very fast with Page Up/Down buttons or with the mouse it scrolls fast, until it disapears on the right side. Never mind, just a small bug...but I didnt know if it corrupts the db if you send channels to nirvana and save the list. I never saved it if that happend. Good night and thank you again, I need to configure now a lot of channel sources Smile
(2016-10-11, 22:05)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-11, 21:44)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]See if you can pin the problem down to some exact repeatable sequence and I'll see if there is something I can fix.

At te moment I only use arrow buttons to sort, but its easy to repeat. Just grap one to the left and go up or down the list very fast with Page Up/Down buttons or with the mouse it scrolls fast, until it disapears on the right side. Never mind, just a small bug...but I didnt know if it corrupts the db if you send channels to nirvana and save the list. I never saved it if that happend. Good night and thank you again, I need to configure now a lot of channel sources Smile

Moving channels very fast up down and saving works ok for me.
Does this TV guide have Canadian channels listed? Like Global, TSN, and Sportsnet?

Sent from my SGH-I337M
(2016-10-11, 23:48)GumbyFromLumby Wrote: [ -> ]Does this TV guide have Canadian channels listed? Like Global, TSN, and Sportsnet?

Sent from my SGH-I337M (typie typie)

This addon is just a TV Guide. You need to bring your own xmltv data source.

There is experimental support for SchedulesDirect in the Lab section which costs $25/year.
Just installed it on my RPI 3 with Libreelec 7.0.2. After adding my xml source url, I try to run the addon and I get this error:

ERROR: CPythonInvoker(198, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/addon.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR: File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 392, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
ERROR: for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, ch_list, progress_callback):
ERROR: File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 1481, in parseXMLTV
ERROR: event, root = context.next()
ERROR: File "/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-official/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1265, in next
ERROR: ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 0

I read a couple of posts ago that the python issues on Libreelec had been fixed, but I can't get it to work. Can you point me in the right direction?
I get the message 'Loading data from external source....' and the count down xx seconds left, the correct channels are displayed but the guide schedule is always showing for every channel 'nothing scheduled'.

Thinking it might cure the problem I have set 'Refresh on start' to yes and the file download interval to 'every start' but this did not cure the issue.

I don't get any error messages.

If I click on a channel say BBC1 it plays correctly.

It was working correctly upto a couple of days ago when information was showing in the schedule.

I am using version 0.0.149

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?
(2016-10-12, 11:45)primitivereason Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed it on my RPI 3 with Libreelec 7.0.2. After adding my xml source url, I try to run the addon and I get this error:

ERROR: CPythonInvoker(198, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/addon.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR: File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 392, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
ERROR: for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, ch_list, progress_callback):
ERROR: File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 1481, in parseXMLTV
ERROR: event, root = context.next()
ERROR: File "/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-official/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1265, in next
ERROR: ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 0

I read a couple of posts ago that the python issues on Libreelec had been fixed, but I can't get it to work. Can you point me in the right direction?

Post a link to your xmltv file and I'll see if it is that or the addon that needs fixing.
(2016-10-12, 12:15)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]I get the message 'Loading data from external source....' and the count down xx seconds left, the correct channels are displayed but the guide schedule is always showing for every channel 'nothing scheduled'.

Thinking it might cure the problem I have set 'Refresh on start' to yes and the file download interval to 'every start' but this did not cure the issue.

It was working correctly upto a couple of days ago when information was showing in the schedule.

If you are just using the xmltv source have a look in your xmltv file and make sure it has actually got program data in it for today.
Some of the internet sources of xmltv data seem to break over the weekend occasionally.
Thanks! It is available at: http://51.255.196.214/epgFile.xml.gz
(2016-10-12, 12:48)primitivereason Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! It is available at: http://51.255.196.214/epgFile.xml.gz

The xml file hasn't encoded & properly as &
& is an escape character in xml.
If you change all the &s to & it works.
(2016-10-12, 12:47)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-12, 12:15)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]I get the message 'Loading data from external source....' and the count down xx seconds left, the correct channels are displayed but the guide schedule is always showing for every channel 'nothing scheduled'.

If you are just using the xmltv source have a look in your xmltv file and make sure it has actually got program data in it for today.
Some of the internet sources of xmltv data seem to break over the weekend occasionally.

My first and last programme entries are:-

<programme start="20160923050000 +0000" stop="20160923081500 +0000" channel="I1.1804.microsoft.com">
<title lang="en">Breakfast</title>
<desc lang="en">The latest news, sport, business and weather from the BBC's Breakfast team.</desc>
<date>20160923</date>
<category lang="en">News</category>
<category lang="en">Series</category>
<length units="minutes">195</length>
<episode-num system="ms_progid">5.224483331</episode-num>

</programme>
<programme start="20161007200000 +0000" stop="20161008000000 +0000" channel="I728.313143.microsoft.com">
<title lang="en">Club Classics</title>
<desc lang="en">Seven hours of classic clubbing tracks to get you ready for the weekend.</desc>
<date>20070216</date>
<category lang="en">Music &amp; Arts</category>
<category lang="en">Pop and Rock</category>
<length units="minutes">120</length>
<episode-num system="ms_progid">5.6390322</episode-num>
</programme>
</tv>

I got this xml by running mc2xml.

Is the problem that I have to run this daily/weekly to get a new xml?
(2016-10-12, 14:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-12, 12:47)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

My first and last programme entries are:-

<programme start="20160923050000 +0000" stop="20160923081500 +0000" channel="I1.1804.microsoft.com">
<title lang="en">Breakfast</title>
<desc lang="en">The latest news, sport, business and weather from the BBC's Breakfast team.</desc>
<date>20160923</date>
<category lang="en">News</category>
<length units="minutes">195</length>
<episode-num system="ms_progid">5.224483331</episode-num>

</programme>
<programme start="20161007200000 +0000" stop="20161008000000 +0000" channel="I728.313143.microsoft.com">
<title lang="en">Club Classics</title>
<desc lang="en">Seven hours of classic clubbing tracks to get you ready for the weekend.</desc>
<date>20070216</date>
<category lang="en">Music &amp; Arts</category>
<category lang="en">Pop and Rock</category>
<length units="minutes">120</length>
<episode-num system="ms_progid">5.6390322</episode-num>
</programme>
</tv>

I got this xml by running mc2xml.

Is the problem that I have to run this daily/weekly to get a new xml?

The last date was 5 days ago. They might have stopped your service.
year month day hour minute second
2016 10 07 20 00 00
For those of you who haven't discovered the colour options in Settings \ Background,
you can choose a background colour like this. Smile

(2016-10-12, 13:13)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-12, 12:48)primitivereason Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! It is available at: http://51.255.196.214/epgFile.xml.gz

The xml file hasn't encoded & properly as &amp;
& is an escape character in xml.
If you change all the &s to &amp; it works.

Thanks Primaeval, that did the trick.Cool Now, all I have to do is talk to the person who keeps it online so that he can change that. It is anyway just a question of style on the descriptions.