Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
solved it.
in case anyone else has the same setup, long pressing the select button will take you into the context menu by default, so you are able to assign the menu button to the number 4
@gillmacca - I don't know if this will be of any interest to you but I noticed this in the wiki the other day which shows keymaps specifically for low-button remotes. It has all manner of different longpress combinations etc http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...on_remotes
(2016-12-13, 20:46)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@gillmacca - I don't know if this will be of any interest to you but I noticed this in the wiki the other day which shows keymaps specifically for low-button remotes. It has all manner of different longpress combinations etc http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...on_remotes.
Quote:Alternative keymaps for low button remotes.
There is currently no text in this page.

Are you sure? Wink It looks like the right place.
(2016-12-13, 21:01)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? Wink It looks like the right place.
Yep, it was a bad link... try now Smile
This isn't an issue with the guide, but with extendedinfo (maybe someone here can answer, before i post in the official thread)
Watching tv show called MacGyver (1985, not 2016 version). Select extendedinfo and it brings up the info for the current MacGyver (2016), rather than MacGyver(1985).
Anyone know how to fix this?
(2016-12-13, 21:10)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 21:01)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? Wink It looks like the right place.
Yep, it was a bad link... try now Smile

That works. Thanks
(2016-12-13, 21:13)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't an issue with the guide, but with extendedinfo (maybe someone here can answer, before i post in the official thread)
Watching tv show called MacGyver (1985, not 2016 version). Select extendedinfo and it brings up the info for the current MacGyver (2016), rather than MacGyver(1985).

I couldn't find a function to call ExtendedInfo for the year, only the title.
It is probably possible.
Let me know if you find out.

This is the bit of code in gui.py that calls ExtendedInfo.
Code:
#movie
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,name=%s)' % (title))
#tv show
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,name=%s)' % (program.title))
(2016-12-13, 21:19)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 21:13)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't an issue with the guide, but with extendedinfo (maybe someone here can answer, before i post in the official thread)

I couldn't find a function to call ExtendedInfo for the year, only the title.
It is probably possible.
Let me know if you find out.

This is the bit of code in gui.py that calls ExtendedInfo.
Code:
#movie
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,name=%s)' % (title))
#tv show
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,name=%s)' % (program.title))

Don't know if this page is helpful or not http://fastcolors.net/Repo/helix/script....README.txt

Don't know if this is the same problem, but found this post:
Is there a way to get an select dialog for movies/tvshows to select the correct video title if multiple matching items has been found?
The TV show "Gotham" or "24" always fetches the wrong show information for example.

I use this command:
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,name=$INFO[Listitem.Title]

For the actor dialog it's working perfectly and I get an select dialog for a non clear search result.

Edit:

Stupid me...... with "info=extendedtvinfo" everything is fine ^^
@primaeval - Do you have a donation page? I'd love to buy you a drink! Your work is amazing.

I am right to think that the guide ignores my previously selected XML file if I use schedules direct? (This is the behavior I want). This is how it's working now.

Logo's - I have my own logo folder setup. However now that i have switched to trying schedules direct they are no longer working. Is it possible for me to get them working again?
(2016-12-13, 21:45)Drt1989 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval - Do you have a donation page? I'd love to buy you a drink! Your work is amazing.

I am right to think that the guide ignores my previously selected XML file if I use schedules direct? (This is the behavior I want). This is how it's working now.

Logo's - I have my own logo folder setup. However now that i have switched to trying schedules direct they are no longer working. Is it possible for me to get them working again?

Thanks. This is just for fun.

SchedulesDirect is separate from the normal xmltv Source.
It loads up DirectScheduleSource at the bottom of source.py instead of XMLTVSource.

Beware that when you switch sources your selected SchedulesDirect channels probably won't survive.

I'll have a look at using your own logos for SchedulesDirect.
Are the SchedulesDirect ones working for you?
(2016-12-13, 21:58)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 21:45)Drt1989 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval - Do you have a donation page? I'd love to buy you a drink! Your work is amazing.

Thanks. This is just for fun.

SchedulesDirect is separate from the normal xmltv Source.
It loads up DirectScheduleSource at the bottom of source.py instead of XMLTVSource.

Beware that when you switch sources your selected SchedulesDirect channels probably won't survive.

I'll have a look at using your own logos for SchedulesDirect.
Are the SchedulesDirect ones working for you?

Nothing at all is coming through.... I still have my own logo folder selected, if this makes a difference.
Also......

Yet another request hehe

Would it possible for up/down key switch channels during fullscreen playback ?
version 0.0.240
- SchedulesDirect logos will use Logos Folder or Url if Logos Source is Folder|Url

@Drt1989 This should let SchedulesDirect use the Logo Folder or Url in Settings \ Logos.

You might need some kind of database reset to pick them up.

The Logos need to match the channel name, not id.
I expect it is case sensitive.
The url has space encoded as %20 so it should pick up files like "BBC One.png".

You can use Page Up/Page Down to change channel in Fullscreen Playback or 0 to play the Last Channel.

Most of the controls are in Settings \ Help \ Command Keys.

I still haven't got a reply about Program Images from SchedulesDirect so there aren't any right now.
You can try the OMDb/TVDb/IMDb method in Lab1 for now.
(2016-12-13, 21:26)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid me...... with "info=extendedtvinfo" everything is fine ^^

Did it give you a choice of MacGyver?
version 0.0.241-242
- ExtendedInfo Multiple Choice

@gillmacca This should give you a select dialog if there is more than one match.

I couldn't work out how to get ExtendedInfo to do it so I wrote my own code to query themoviedb.org.
It still uses ExtendedInfo for the rest of the information.

[EDIT] It looks like it needs some fixing for some searches. I'll fix it tomorrow.