Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ditto what the others said Smile I've been messing around with "Playwith" to play channels with external players like VLC or Chromecast. I could never get it working with the provided files but found a really easy way to do it.

Have your playercorefactory.xml in special://profile (userdata) with the proper paths set. Don't set any rules. Make sure it works normally by bringing up the context menu on a local media file © and using "Play using..." select the desired player. If that works, you're good. There's lot's of guides how to do this part on google.

For it to work in the EPG addon, the key is to play the stream first like normal (or add stream to a playlist), and then retroactively switch the player. "y" on a keyboard brings up the playercorefactory options. The Kodi player controls will even control the external addon during playback. The few ways i do it are these. You could do all or 1; they are independent of each other.

1: Play channel, press "y" on keyboard, select player. Channel restarts in new player.

2: create a skin button in script-tvguide-main.xml for the OSD menu (6000) or the mouse controls (4300). You can also add one inside script-tvguide-main.xml. Just add the command:
<onclick>SwitchPlayer</onclick>
You would play channel, navigate to and press button during playback, select player. Playback should then restart in new player.

3: add an entry in actions.json :
You would play channel, navigate to action menu and press button during playback, select player. Playback should then restart in new player.

[
"SwitchPlayer",
"Action(SwitchPlayer)",
""
],

4: in playwith.py add this to the very bottom:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(SwitchPlayer)')
You would autoplaywith channel and then select player when prompted as playback starts. Playback should then restart in new player.

I think the Playwith(coreplayer) command doesn't work as it should, and that's because the url needs to be added to a playlist first. It's just the way it is. Fixing this would automate the select process using the one provided in settings, so i'll see if i can straighten it out.
All the best @primeval see you around. Thanks for all your help and hard work, with all your addons.
Who's still developing the tv guide?
I have seen it update several times since Primeval said he was stepping down
@primeval is only pushing bug fixes, no new features.
Thanks ed.
I'll fix any bugs when you come across them.
It will be easier to talk about the code if you make an Issue at Github.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen
Hello, i am trying exactly the way it is explained to link an addon to the guide, but it doesn't work out :/

The addon is Illicoweb but can't seem to link the channels with my xml file, can anybody help me out on this please ?
(2017-02-01, 10:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks ed.
I'll fix any bugs when you come across them.
It will be easier to talk about the code if you make an Issue at Github.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen

Hi,

Sorry to hear you will not be developing further, I have only just discovered the very impressive guide.

Not sure if it's a bug but when I stop watching a live tv stream from an add-on it drops back to the guide but sometimes it locks up my device and shows "loading data from external source" . Only way out is unplug etc.

Running on rpi3, OSMC / Kodi 16.1 base

Thanks
I am having same problem for last few days, constantly locks up on exit with unnecessary re-load of guide?
(which then requires a stop/start of kodi via ssh)

+1
+1
Are all these problems with Krypton? I had a few problems with it and went back to Jarvis.
If anyone captures some errors in the log please send me a link and I'll have a look.
See if 0.0.313 fixes this. I was clearing the catchup channel alarms too often.
(2017-02-01, 17:09)Billagil Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i am trying exactly the way it is explained to link an addon to the guide, but it doesn't work out :/

The addon is Illicoweb but can't seem to link the channels with my xml file, can anybody help me out on this please ?

If the urls for that addon keeps changing you might need to use the Stream Searcher addon so that it tries to match the stream every time you play a channel.

Have you tried the Browse \ Add Folder command with both normal and alternative streaming methods?
(2017-02-07, 08:23)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are all these problems with Krypton? I had a few problems with it and went back to Jarvis.
If anyone captures some errors in the log please send me a link and I'll have a look.

hi Primaeval

As i mentioned in my post, i get the same problem with OSMC (16.1 based)

not near my device at the moment so cannot get a log

thanks
(2017-02-07, 14:42)Airwolfuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 08:23)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are all these problems with Krypton? I had a few problems with it and went back to Jarvis.

hi Primaeval

As i mentioned in my post, i get the same problem with OSMC (16.1 based)

not near my device at the moment so cannot get a log

thanks

Did it get better with 0.0.313?