Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-09, 14:29)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.223
- Settings \ Background \ Categories Background Colour
- Settings \ Playback \ Always Choose Channel if Alternative Streams Exist
- Settings \ Lab3 \ Secondary XMLTV File (WARNING: very experimental)

@gillmacca I made the Categories background configurable. I hope it helps. I can't do the text.

@ed_davidson 2 early Christmas presents for you.

There is a new setting to always choose your stream if you are already playing that channel and alternative streams exist.

I've added in the ability to add a second xmltv file. It works but be careful. Maybe use a second profile to test it.
There is no testing for the same channel id in both files. You might see a messy epg if there are some that are the same.

You can use that as a full xmltv file if you can find another source with your extra channels in,
or make a dummy one with just your extra channels in.
If you make a dummy one put at least one dummy program in there or it will bomb out of the guide.

Only tried a couple of colours, but brilliant. Works a charm.
Is there anything you can't do with this tv guide....lol
(2016-12-09, 15:43)samueljones Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, thanks for the great work. please am having update failed. the repo shows version 0.0.223. am on 0.0.222 is this problem from my end or a known issue?

Regard
SJ

It's probably because I uploaded the fix in 0.0.224 and something is caching the old repo version.
Sometimes I have to remove the repo and add it back from the zip.
I don't know the proper way to force a refresh when update doesn't work.
Ok Mate, no worries, 0.0.224 dowloaded from your github.

thanks
(2016-12-09, 16:04)samueljones Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Mate, no worries, 0.0.224 dowloaded from your github.

thanks

Be careful if you grab the addon zip directly from the script.tvguide.fullscreen github page.
It makes a folder in addons with the version number at the end.
You need to rename that folder to script.tvguide.fullscreen or it will use some of the files from the original folder and probably won't work correctly.

When I add it to my repo I remove the extension. If you got that version you should be ok.
Chances are you just needed to wait or force refresh the repo, I just updated to 0.0.224 without any problems.
(2016-12-09, 04:51)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]This addon just gets better and better. Great job.

I have a request. If I have multiple streams set up for 1 channel and I pick a link and it turns out not to be the right channel, in order to pick another link I have to select a different channel, then go back to the previous channel and select another link. Would it be possible to have the stream list come up again when the same channel is playing?
Cheers.

@primaeval did I explain myself enough? Sorry if I didn't... I have the latest version. I'm not seeing this behavior. My issue is this: I have multiple streams for the same channel. Some buffer some don't. Lets choose the golf channel for example. If I pick stream A and it buffers I would like a simple way to pick stream B or C, without having to pick say BBC2 to change the channel then go back to the golf channel.
(2016-12-09, 18:14)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 04:51)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]This addon just gets better and better. Great job.

I have a request. If I have multiple streams set up for 1 channel and I pick a link and it turns out not to be the right channel, in order to pick another link I have to select a different channel, then go back to the previous channel and select another link. Would it be possible to have the stream list come up again when the same channel is playing?
Cheers.

@primaeval did I explain myself enough? Sorry if I didn't... I have the latest version. I'm not seeing this behavior. My issue is this: I have multiple streams for the same channel. Some buffer some don't. Lets choose the golf channel for example. If I pick stream A and it buffers I would like a simple way to pick stream B or C, without having to pick say BBC2 to change the channel then go back to the golf channel.

Did you turn this on?
Settings \ Playback \ Always Choose Channel if Alternative Streams Exist
Of course I didn't [emoji1]
How silly do I feel. Yet again another amazing tweak. Thank you. [emoji1]
By the way this is better than a automatic way of picking another stream if one doesn't play. Thanks.
(2016-12-09, 18:28)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]By the way this is better than a automatic way of picking another stream if one doesn't play. Thanks.

I'll see if I can work out an automatic fallback next week sometime, maybe. Wink
version 0.0.225
- Settings \ Playback \ Try Other Alternative Streams if Play Fails
- Settings \ Background \ Flat Background Image

@ed_davidson This Setting should allow automatic fallback of Alternative Streams until it finds one that works.
It might need a bit more stress testing. I just tried it on streams that don't have any dialogs or mess with the osd.

There is a new default background texture if you just like the plain coloured backgrounds.
It is similar to im85288's sly skin background but you can change the colour to whatever you like.
You can turn it off if you want the old Flat style.

Here it is with a red Background and crimson Categories:
@primaeval, your support is out of this world, I cant believe someone is doing all this for free. You are one of the best Dev have seen in a long time.

Your work is highly appreciated. Much Respect Bro.
version 0.0.226
- Settings \ Optional \ Import m3u (use an m3u playlist for custom primary channel mapping)

Another long time ask that I haven't got around to.
You can use a standard m3u file to load channel mappings whenever the xmltv file download schedule takes place.
Make sure the m3u names match your xmltv file channel names.
version 0.0.227
- Settings \ Optional \ Manage addons.ini m3u Playlist Subscriptions (merge m3u playlists into addons.ini)

Yet another long term ask:

You can now subscribe to a bunch of m3u Playlists and it will add them all to the addons.ini file under script.tvguide.fullscreen.

It will update whenever your xmltv file is updated.

Make sure "Settings \ Optional \ Overwrite or Merge Local addons.ini" is set to Merge.