Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-13, 18:29)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having issues updating to 0.0.237?
Keeps failing. Logs mentions code 404
0.0.238 is the latest release, hence the 404. You need to Force Refresh the repo (i.e. check for updates).
(2016-12-13, 18:30)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 18:29)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having issues updating to 0.0.237?
Keeps failing. Logs mentions code 404
0.0.238 is the latest release, hence the 404. You need to Force Refresh the repo (i.e. check for updates).

Thanks for the info. Updated now
@primaeval - The latest update seems to have broken the ability to scroll left/right in the OSD to view what's on Next etc. So if I press i when a stream is playing I could previously scroll right to see what's on next. I'm guessing the database changes have knocked something out of line with this? Smile
(2016-12-13, 18:19)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.238
- Program Category Search in Program Search (4 or Menu \ Lists \ Program Search)
- sub-title in main Program Title in EPG

@GriffeyJuni0r Not quite a full Smart Categories filter but close.
You can now search by Category.
It needs some tweaking as it does a LIKE search in the comma separated list of program categories.
Small words might match unrelated categories.
But it's a start.

BEWARE: the extra fields in the Programs table in the database have caused a huge amount of code changes.
It might break something!
I can't find any problems but I haven't tested everything.
Some of the Scheduled tasks or Settings actions might not work.
Let me know if you find anything.

I'm probably missing it completely (been a long day already), but how do you search by category? Example, I type sports in the program search, but don't know if that is searching for the word sports (in programme title/synopsis) or categories
(2016-12-13, 18:46)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval - The latest update seems to have broken the ability to scroll left/right in the OSD to view what's on Next etc. So if I press i when a stream is playing I could previously scroll right to see what's on next. I'm guessing the database changes have knocked something out of line with this? Smile

(2016-12-13, 18:48)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 18:19)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.238
- Program Category Search in Program Search (4 or Menu \ Lists \ Program Search)
- sub-title in main Program Title in EPG

@GriffeyJuni0r Not quite a full Smart Categories filter but close.
You can now search by Category.
It needs some tweaking as it does a LIKE search in the comma separated list of program categories.
Small words might match unrelated categories.
But it's a start.

BEWARE: the extra fields in the Programs table in the database have caused a huge amount of code changes.
It might break something!
I can't find any problems but I haven't tested everything.
Some of the Scheduled tasks or Settings actions might not work.
Let me know if you find anything.

I'm probably missing it completely (been a long day already), but how do you search by category? Example, I type sports in the program search, but don't know if that is searching for the word sports (in programme title/synopsis) or categories

Thanks for the bug reports.

The osd is due to the program table changes.

The Program Search from the Menu needs fixing too.
It should work from the epg if you press 4.

Fixes coming in a bit.
Try 0.0.239 for the fixes.
Category search works great. Not what I was expecting, but even better.
You said 'It should work from the epg if you press 4.', do you mean the search box should come up, or do you mean it goes to the context menu screen. If you mean the latter, then everything is fine
(2016-12-13, 19:27)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Category search works great. Not what I was expecting, but even better.
You said 'It should work from the epg if you press 4.', do you mean the search box should come up, or do you mean it goes to the context menu screen. If you mean the latter, then everything is fine

Pressing 4 from the Main EPG should take you into the Program Search menu where you can select Title, Synopsis or Category.

If it doesn't you might have 4 mapped up to Context Menu.

You can use Keymap Editor to map 4 back up to remote 4 if you need to.

What device and remote are you using?
I have an amazon fire tv with the default remote, using touch control to bring up the categories on the EPG.
If it is not possible to map a button, maybe a search icon could be added to the categories list (preferably before the 'all channels' category)
(2016-12-13, 19:39)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]I have an amazon fire tv with the default remote, using touch control to bring up the categories on the EPG.
If it is not possible to map a button, maybe a search icon could be added to the categories list (preferably before the 'all channels' category)

The trouble with that is that for some Lists you need to have the program selected to get the right list.
The Program Search List needs the selected program to fill in the Title search box.
The Channel Listings needs to know the selected channel.

Does doing a long press and pressing the menu button on the FireTV remote do the same thing?
Maybe one of them could be used to bring up an option to choose the Channel Listing or Program Search.
long press brings up the categories, but just pressing the menu button takes you to the context menu.
If the menu button was mapped to the program search, I would then have no way to get into the context menu if needed.

Wonder if the select button (which when pressed plays the channel), could be setup for long press into the program search
(2016-12-13, 19:57)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]long press brings up the categories, but just pressing the menu button takes you to the context menu.
If the menu button was mapped to the program search, I would then have no way to get into the context menu if needed.

Wonder if the select button (which when pressed plays the channel), could be setup for long press into the program search

Maybe another optional row of Touch Control buttons would work, above the Channel Title and Program Description.

What shortcuts would be best there?
maybe
Now, Next, Search, Reminders, Autoplays, Favourites

They need to be ones that don't depend on a program being selected.
(2016-12-13, 19:57)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]long press brings up the categories, but just pressing the menu button takes you to the context menu.

Can't you just press Context Menu -> Lists -> Program Search?

PS - @primaeval the fix for the OSD is now working, thanks.
i can just press context menu to get to lists then program search, was just trying to see if there was a way to access the program search from the EPG, rather than going into the context menu
Ah ok I see, I've always just used the context menu Smile