Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried the new file out and seems to work.  The only problem that I can see is the channels numbers are not assigned the same as I have them within tvheadend but the m3u order is the same. TV screen is displaying on how I have the channels listed within the m3u.  For example, my local ota is broadcasted on two frequencies.  I have them numbered under 11 and 11.1 within tvheadend.  On the tvguide scripted it is numbered as 11 and 12.  Thanks for all of your hard effort.  Let me know about webgrab when you get the chance.

Thanks
bizzs
Sorry, but I left out that the stream will not play.  It will not play the "htsp" stream from tvheadend. What stream do you recommend?  I have constant buffering with the other settings but not too much buffering with htsp.
(2019-01-23, 18:43)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the new file out and seems to work.  The only problem that I can see is the channels numbers are not assigned the same as I have them within tvheadend but the m3u order is the same. TV screen is displaying on how I have the channels listed within the m3u.  For example, my local ota is broadcasted on two frequencies.  I have them numbered under 11 and 11.1 within tvheadend.  On the tvguide scripted it is numbered as 11 and 12.  Thanks for all of your hard effort.  Let me know about webgrab when you get the chance.

Thanks
bizzs
That's good, it's working.
There is nothing in the m3u playlist from tvheadend to match up the channels with your ordering unfortunately, apart from the position in the file.
If they had used the numbering field after the EXTINF: tag I could have used that, but they didn't.
(2019-01-23, 18:48)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I left out that the stream will not play.  It will not play the "htsp" stream from tvheadend. What stream do you recommend?  I have constant buffering with the other settings but not too much buffering with htsp.
 Where are you streams coming from? A tuner card or iptv?
Do they work ok in the Kodi Tvheadend HTSP Client?

You'll have to experiment.

I had problems with BBC streams in tvheadend once and I had to pipe them through ffmpeg.
That wasn't very easy to configure.
https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...G-TS_Input

Google "tvheadend buffering".
The first result talks about piping through ffmpeg.
https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/29249

Make sure tvheadend isn't trying to transcode your streams if possible.
(2019-01-23, 18:02)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Primaeval, I have been busy with kids and hubby and I didn't get to try the new file.  I will try to get to the guide in a little bit.  On a another note, can you help me with webgrabplus?  I have the grabber running but I am having a time zone issue with a few channel tiers.  I live on the east coast and the channel tiers from the west coast are not matching up with what is being broadcasted.  I chose the pacific coast channel tiers and the guide descriptions are off .  I experimented with the the other time zones and they were off too.  Is there a setting that needs to be changed within the ini file?

Thanks
bizzs
 How are you using webgrab?
Through my addon or with straight webgrab ini files?
There are a few ways to fix timezone problems in webgrab and some depend on whether you use a vpn or not.
I have both iptv and a hauppage 4 tuner card.I have been reading for weeks about piping and I am not getting it.  I am using the add repository that was already installed within libreelec. The repository is called linuxserver.ios webgrab plus plus. I am only having time issues with US west coast not matching up with east coast.  I modified the tvguide.ini for pacific timezone and I am using a channel tier that is assigned for the pacific. The titles are not matching with what is being broadcasted.  Any ideas?

Thanks
bizzs
(2019-01-23, 19:25)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]I have both iptv and a hauppage 4 tuner card.I have been reading for weeks about piping and I am not getting it.  I am using the add repository that was already installed within libreelec. The repository is called linuxserver.ios webgrab plus plus. I am only having time issues with US west coast not matching up with east coast.  I modified the tvguide.ini for pacific timezone and I am using a channel tier that is assigned for the pacific. The titles are not matching with what is being broadcasted.  Any ideas?

Thanks
bizzs
 Have you tried putting an offset on the channels for the webgrab config file?
http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/con...timeoffset

It looks like you are using a docker container for webgrab.
I have had issues with them not getting the timezone right with the host computer.
This might help.
https://serverfault.com/questions/683605...ct-changes
Premaeval, I found your webgrab file and I am trying to install it.  I am able to accesses the the addon but I cannot get it to work.  I keep getting error to check the log file but I cannot find it.  There is no data when I open the log view screen within the app.  Is there only one xmltv output folder path  that I have to assign by myself and I am assuming that this is where the file will be created?  Do I have to set up any other paths up for the "webgrab+program" and config ourput folder'?   

thanks
lisa
(2019-01-23, 22:20)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]Premaeval, I found your webgrab file and I am trying to install it.  I am able to accesses the the addon but I cannot get it to work.  I keep getting error to check the log file but I cannot find it.  There is no data when I open the log view screen within the app.  Is there only one xmltv output folder path  that I have to assign by myself and I am assuming that this is where the file will be created?  Do I have to set up any other paths up for the "webgrab+program" and config ourput folder'?   

thanks
lisa
 My webgrab configurator addon is just a frontend for webgrab.

You still need to do the usual webgrab install on your device.
http://www.webgrabplus.com/documentation/installation

In the addon settings you set the path to the webgrab program in Paths, and the xmltv output path for webgrab in Config.

Then you need to download the site pack, select some channels, output the config files and run webgrab.
i'm stumped on this one.  Sad  I cannot find anything on installing webgrab onto libreelec except for the linuxserver ios.  ANy recommendations?
(2019-01-23, 23:02)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]i'm stumped on this one.  Sad  I cannot find anything on installing webgrab onto libreelec except for the linuxserver ios.  ANy recommendations?
I can't find it on libreelec 8.95 either.
The last post on the forum asked where it is and got no reply.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/1102-w.../?pageNo=1
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/1102-w...post102234
Thanks, I already seen that. Still searching
(2019-01-23, 23:18)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I already seen that. Still searching
 webgrab is still in libreelec 8.2.5 in the libreelec\services repo of kodi.

https://ftp.nluug.nl/mediaplayer/libreelec/
Yes webgrab is installed on my system and has been working.  I am trying to adapt your awesome addon with webgrab but I keep getting an error.  I have not located the error log file to see what is causing the problem. Can you tell me where the error log file is stored?

Thanks
Lisa
(2019-01-24, 15:32)bizzs Wrote: [ -> ]Yes webgrab is installed on my system and has been working.  I am trying to adapt your awesome addon with webgrab but I keep getting an error.  I have not located the error log file to see what is causing the problem. Can you tell me where the error log file is stored?

Thanks
Lisa
 The error log should end up in
Userdata\addon_data\service.webgrabplus\WebGrab++.log.txt

I expect the provider you are trying to use is broken.
There will be a delay between a web site changing and a webgrab scraper being fixed.

Many providers need you to configure the .ini file for your region manually.
Look in the site ini folder for txt files or in the ini files for instructions.
eg
Userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\siteini.pack\USA\tv.com_instructions.txt

Try the "Experimental Site Wizards" for tv.com

I just tested it on LibreElec 8.2.5 and it worked ok for me.
Try this as a test:
Webgrab+Configurator
Device Settings Wizard \ LibreELEC 8
Download Site Pack
Countries \ UK \ tvguide.co.uk \ BBC1 HD
Output Config Files
Run Webgrab

The final xmltv file should be:
Userdata\addon_data\service.webgrabplus\guide_wgp.xml