Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-16, 13:01)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-16, 12:49)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-16, 10:17)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The last version that might have reset the channels was 0.0.238, I think.
That was 3 or 4 days ago.

There are lots of Settings that force a channel reset.
This post tells you about some:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2473370

Did you manage to get the old mapping back with:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini

I'll try this evening. I have 0.0.21xxx, I think. You mean now manually copy "custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini" and after update & db.update copy back ?

If you copy a working custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini to
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls.ini
you should be able to re-import it in Settings \ Backup \ Import Channel Mappings.

There is also an option to import channel mappings from an ini file or m3u playlist whenever your xmltv file gets updated in
Settings \ Optional \ Channel Mappings.

I've added a bit of code to copy the previous custom_stream_urls.ini to custom_stream_urls.ini.last in version 0.0.251.
So you will have 2 chances to save your channel mappings.

If you have an older version you might have to extract the mapping from the database.
If you get stuck I'll see if I can fix your old database for you. I did it with someone else's.

I fixed his database by adding this to the settings table in source.db.
tvguide.co.uk.systemid Sky

It stopped the channels getting updated.
Hello Mister,

I did yesterday on my Win10 Kodi an update and after updating to latest version all my channel sources and order is still there Smile.
So I copied all to Android without any problems now. I dont know how and why but my db is still okay.
@primaeval....Thanks for taking my questions/suggestions under consideration. I didn't realize that the images were supposed to be handled by the xmltv file. I do not have any control over the xmltv file I use but I will see if there is anything I can do to get more images.

I totally understand that you don't want things to get banned. I think that maybe images are as good as they can be at the moment. Anyway, the addon is going in a great direction so as always thank you for your hard work.
(2016-12-16, 15:26)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The variable startDate is a datetime version of start which is used for the time string. You can use that instead.
You can format startDate however you like with strftime
see
addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\resources\playwith\playwith.py
Thanks, I managed to format it to my liking by using strftime Smile I've noticed since the last update the ESC key doesn't seem to exit the guide when a stream is playing, I'm guessing this has been missed with the new keymapping?
(2016-12-17, 21:33)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval....Thanks for taking my questions/suggestions under consideration. I didn't realize that the images were supposed to be handled by the xmltv file. I do not have any control over the xmltv file I use but I will see if there is anything I can do to get more images.

I totally understand that you don't want things to get banned. I think that maybe images are as good as they can be at the moment. Anyway, the addon is going in a great direction so as always thank you for your hard work.

Some people's xmltv files are full of images from the same sites they scrape the program data from. That is the best solution.
It takes a bit of setting up to do it properly with Webgrab+Plus. Lots of cryptic configuration files.

I made a start on doing a full background image update but I don't think I will release it.

One of the typical xmltv files I tested with had 35061 missing images in it. I think that is probably taking the piss to search all those individually at omdb. Wink
(2016-12-17, 21:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-16, 15:26)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]The variable startDate is a datetime version of start which is used for the time string. You can use that instead.
see
Thanks, I managed to format it to my liking by using strftime Smile I've noticed since the last update the ESC key doesn't seem to exit the guide when a stream is playing, I'm guessing this has been missed with the new keymapping?

I took out a lot of the ESC key code because it seems to work ok on my devices without needing it.
Maybe it is just the default on Windows and Android.

Where doesn't it work for you?

All the dialogs should close with the CLOSE command now which I mapped up to ["ACTION_NAV_BACK", "ACTION_PARENT_DIR", "ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU"] by default in the new Action Editor.

The plan was to use the BACK button to close everything which is mapped up to BACKSPACE in Windows by default.
(2016-12-03, 16:05)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]when specifying my own xmltv url I get an error in the log about the content-length header not being found so I modified
Code:
total = int(requests.head(self.fileUrl,auth=(user, password)).headers['Content-Length'])
in filefectcher.py to send

Code:
Accept-Encoding: *
instead of the normal
Code:
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Is it possible you can incorporate this? Also maybe putting in support for redirection as I would like to use a static snipli.com link that points to a xmltv url

Thanks for fixing this in filefetcher.py. I see you added a
Code:
if "Content-Length" in r.headers:
to fix this.

Thanks for this great EPG addon! I am not sure how to do the "fork" on github you talked about last time so I edited the .py manually with my own limited knowledge lol

I have another request if at all possible:
When using a SSL (https) url as my XMLTV url (in my case a dropbox url) it seems the requests library freaks out due to a certificate error.

if I modify
Code:
r = requests.get(self.fileUrl,auth=(user, password), stream=True)
to
r = requests.get(self.fileUrl,auth=(user, password), stream=True,verify=False)

it works fine

Seeing that filefetcher sometimes retrieves urls with authentication one would not want it to disable SSL verification on all urls I guess, so would it be possible to add a setting in the source settings menu where one specifies the XMLTV url to disable SSL verification. In order words the filefetcher.py would contain an if statement based on that?

Or I guess one can just turn of verification for all retrievals of XMLTV urls seeing that it does not really need encrypted communication for such urls
(2016-12-17, 22:25)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]^^^

The authentication is just to stop the whole world abusing your server if the url accidentally ends up on the front page of Google.

I'll add that change in for you without a Setting. If someone gives me a good reason to keep it in I'll change it.

It's easy enough for someone to do a MITM attack on SSL certificates anyway. Just ask Theresa May. She just made it legal.

[EDIT] Try 0.0.256.
@enerdude. What's the trick to getting it working with Dropbox?
I'm trying and failing here.
(2016-12-17, 22:08)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-17, 21:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
see

I took out a lot of the ESC key code because it seems to work ok on my devices without needing it.

All the dialogs should close with the CLOSE command now which I mapped up to ["ACTION_NAV_BACK", "ACTION_PARENT_DIR", "ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU"] by default in the new Action Editor.

The plan was to use the BACK button to close everything which is mapped up to BACKSPACE in Windows by default.
All I'm doing is playing a stream, then pressing backspace to go to the EPG then ESC to exit the addon, except it doesn't exit the addon any more it just goes back to fullscreen. The ESC key seems to act the same as backspace & just toggles between fullscreen or the EPG. Previously ESC would exit the addon completely.

EDIT - I managed to fix it by un-commenting lines 663,665,666,669,671,672 in gui.py, I've not noticed any problems by doing this & the functionality is back as it was Smile
Can I ask for a wish for christmas ?? Smile

I want to scroll the list by touchscreen too. Can you do this for smartphone devices ?
(2016-12-17, 22:38)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]It's easy enough for someone to do a MITM attack on SSL certificates anyway. Just ask Theresa May. She just made it legal.

lol true

(2016-12-17, 23:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@enerdude. What's the trick to getting it working with Dropbox?

The format of the dropbox url needs to be a direct link with format of e.g.

Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/xxxxxx/TvGuide/guide.xmltv

edit: thanks 0.0.256 is working great!
(2016-12-17, 22:02)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-17, 21:33)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval....Thanks for taking my questions/suggestions under consideration. I didn't realize that the images were supposed to be handled by the xmltv file. I do not have any control over the xmltv file I use but I will see if there is anything I can do to get more images.

Some people's xmltv files are full of images from the same sites they scrape the program data from. That is the best solution.
It takes a bit of setting up to do it properly with Webgrab+Plus. Lots of cryptic configuration files.

I made a start on doing a full background image update but I don't think I will release it.

One of the typical xmltv files I tested with had 35061 missing images in it. I think that is probably taking the piss to search all those individually at omdb. Wink

Well it makes sense not to be downloading everything in the back ground. I am guessing that if I had access to a better xmltv file it would come with more images. Thanks for looking into this some more. I will stop whining about images now lol.
My guide is showing sunday night football on saturday night. My time zone is MST.
(2016-12-17, 23:52)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-17, 22:08)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-17, 21:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I managed to format it to my liking by using strftime Smile I've noticed since the last update the ESC key doesn't seem to exit the guide when a stream is playing, I'm guessing this has been missed with the new keymapping?

All I'm doing is playing a stream, then pressing backspace to go to the EPG then ESC to exit the addon, except it doesn't exit the addon any more it just goes back to fullscreen. The ESC key seems to act the same as backspace & just toggles between fullscreen or the EPG. Previously ESC would exit the addon completely.

EDIT - I managed to fix it by un-commenting lines 663,665,666,669,671,672 in gui.py, I've not noticed any problems by doing this & the functionality is back as it was Smile

Thanks. I new I should leave those commented lines in the code, just in case. Wink
(2016-12-18, 00:36)enerdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-17, 22:38)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]It's easy enough for someone to do a MITM attack on SSL certificates anyway. Just ask Theresa May. She just made it legal.

lol true

(2016-12-17, 23:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@enerdude. What's the trick to getting it working with Dropbox?

The format of the dropbox url needs to be a direct link with format of e.g.

Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/xxxxxx/TvGuide/guide.xmltv

edit: thanks 0.0.256 is working great!

I'm ending up with a link like this that doesn't work.
Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/******/file?dl=1

Could you talk me through it like I was 5 years old. Smile