Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed Leia #0609 on rpi2 last night and settings label and function missing issues introduced #0603, that Hinkel first noticed appear to be fixed. Cool

Thanks Montellese
@MikeKL @Hinkel and any other non-English speakers:

If you want to help out with any language translations of TV Guide Fullscreen I would be happy to add them in.
(2017-06-10, 09:47)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeKL @Hinkel and any other non-English speakers:

If you want to help out with any language translations of TV Guide Fullscreen I would be happy to add them in.

I accept.

(pt-br)

Send me the instructions.
(2017-06-10, 19:20)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-10, 09:47)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@MikeKL @Hinkel and any other non-English speakers:

I accept.

(pt-br)

Thanks.
I'll probably have to make ids for the English labels that are in there already first.
I'll have to read up on how to do it too.
I know there's a lot of other things being looked at right now, but is it possible to add the functionality to have a channel open an addon directly when the channel is selected? For example, i added a dummy channel for the NBCSports addon that I'd like the channel to point to when it's selected . Since the live streams often change within the addon, you really can't assign a specific link, but by having the ability to just open the addon when the channel is selected, you could select whatever event is currently available at that time.

I realize that you can currently select an addon by opening the menu and going to the Favorites, but the ability to open directly from a channel would save a few clicks

Thanks to everyone for their hard work with this addon.
(2017-06-10, 19:23)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-10, 19:20)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]

I accept.

(pt-br)

Thanks.
I'll probably have to make ids for the English labels that are in there already first.
I'll have to read up on how to do it too.

Okay, when you're ready, just call me.
(2017-06-10, 20:16)xDetoursx Wrote: [ -> ]I know there's a lot of other things being looked at right now, but is it possible to add the functionality to have a channel open an addon directly when the channel is selected? For example, i added a dummy channel for the NBCSports addon that I'd like the channel to point to when it's selected . Since the live streams often change within the addon, you really can't assign a specific link, but by having the ability to just open the addon when the channel is selected, you could select whatever event is currently available at that time.

I realize that you can currently select an addon by opening the menu and going to the Favorites, but the ability to open directly from a channel would save a few clicks

Thanks to everyone for their hard work with this addon.

version 0.0.350
- re-enable ActivateWindow Favourites shortcut to play Folders

Try this. This makes it possible to play Folder shortcuts from Favourites if they follow the ActivateWindow url scheme.
You can play around with the last argument to ActivateWindow to see whether you need to add "return" or not.
http://kodi.wiki/view/list_of_built-in_functions

I'm not sure whether it was me or someone else that removed the ActivateWindow code.
There must have been a good reason at the time.
If something else breaks let me know.
Hiya
Terribly sorry to lower the tone, but I'm a new Kodi user looking for a decent EPG/TV Guide. Found this and it looks perfect, but the repo (linked in the first post) doesn't show up in Install From Repository once the source is added, and the zip freezes up in the File Manager when inspected. Assume I'm missing something very basic, any help or advice would be appreciated...
(2017-06-11, 10:00)Denvish Wrote: [ -> ]Hiya
Terribly sorry to lower the tone, but I'm a new Kodi user looking for a decent EPG/TV Guide. Found this and it looks perfect, but the repo (linked in the first post) doesn't show up in Install From Repository once the source is added, and the zip freezes up in the File Manager when inspected. Assume I'm missing something very basic, any help or advice would be appreciated...

You might have been unlucky and tried to download when I added a version 0.0.350 to Github.
Kodi has a holdoff period for checking repo urls so you might have not been able to update the repo to the new version.

You can force the update by uninstalling the repo and re-installing it.
You could clear the cache but that is pretty advanced and not easy.
Sometimes it will just work the next day.

If it still doesn't work there may be some kind of dependency problem.
If there is let me know some of the details about your device and Kodi version.
Suddenly I am unable to enter into TV Guide Fullscreen on my rpi2 where symptoms within kodi Estuary GUI is that nothing happens at all when I attempt to enter addon. (Working absloutely fine on my rpi3 using same nightly #0609 Leia build etc, so perhaps a file of addon has become corrupted somehow?)

Kodi debug log

I also have an earlier crashlog which appears to hold additional information about issues with TV Guide Fullscreen behind the scenes, before I noticed it was not working correctly earlier today.

What is best way to refresh addon and get it working correctly again in manner that will maintain my previous existing user settings etc.
(I have already ensured latest addon build 0.17.350 is installed, was on 0.17.349 when I first noticed issue)

Note: I am not too concerned if you advise me to restart clean with the addon etc.
(2017-06-11, 18:21)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]Suddenly I am unable to enter into TV Guide Fullscreen on my rpi2 where symptoms within kodi Estuary GUI is that nothing happens at all when I attempt to enter addon. (Working absloutely fine on my rpi3 using same nightly #0609 Leia build etc, so perhaps a file of addon has become corrupted somehow?)

Kodi debug log

I also have an earlier crashlog which appears to hold additional information about issues with TV Guide Fullscreen behind the scenes, before I noticed it was not working correctly earlier today.

What is best way to refresh addon and get it working correctly again in manner that will maintain my previous existing user settings etc.
(I have already ensured latest addon build 0.17.350 is installed, was on 0.17.349 when I first noticed issue)

Note: I am not too concerned if you advise me to restart clean with the addon etc.

I'm getting an error about the "fixtures" setting. I'll have a look and get back to you.
(2017-06-11, 19:27)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting an error about the "fixtures" setting. I'll have a look and get back to you.

OK, however with ref to your previous thoughts about creating clean profile etc..

I quickly created a new kodi test profile, then enabled addon and attempted to do a basic clean setup of TV Guide Fullscreen, but (imagine because of new "in work" addon settings changes in Leia Nightlys) was unable to assign my own guide.xml location via kodi GUI and settings options within addon. Was considering to step back to #0603 which is last build before addon setting changes were started to be introduced in Leia and see whats working normally in existing master and new test profile.
(2017-06-11, 19:41)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-11, 19:27)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting an error about the "fixtures" setting. I'll have a look and get back to you.

OK, however with ref to your previous thoughts about creating clean profile etc..

I quickly created a new kodi test profile, then enabled addon and attempted to do a basic clean setup of TV Guide Fullscreen, but (imagine because of new "in work" addon settings changes in Leia Nightlys) was unable to assign my own guide.xml location via kodi GUI and settings options within addon. Was considering to step back to #0603 which is last build before addon setting changes were started to be introduced in Leia and see whats working normally in existing master and new test profile.

I can see what has happened.
It is a consequence of the new settings code that interprets dots as levels in the settings file.

I'll see if Montellese can deal with it.
If not I can change the setting to something else.

[EDIT] It is the "skin" setting too.
I don't want to have to change that as I'll have to change all the skin addons too.
(2017-06-11, 10:11)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
Terribly sorry to lower the tone, but I'm a new Kodi user looking for a decent EPG/TV Guide. Found this and it looks perfect, but the repo (linked in the first post) doesn't show up in Install From Repository once the source is added, and the zip freezes up in the File Manager when inspected.

Thanks for the reply.

I have cleared data on Kodi so back to a fresh install.
Kodi is 17.3
Device is Fire TV Home 5.7.3-17, OS 5.2.4.1

When I explore the zip in file manager, I see addon.xml, changelog.txt and icon.png
If I choose Install From Zip, I can select your zip, which shows repository.primaeval but that has nothing inside
If I choose Install From Repository, I can't find anything Primaeval in any of the folders
Am I missing something obvious? I'm very new to the whole Kodi experience
(2017-06-12, 11:26)Denvish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-11, 10:11)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
Terribly sorry to lower the tone, but I'm a new Kodi user looking for a decent EPG/TV Guide. Found this and it looks perfect, but the repo (linked in the first post) doesn't show up in Install From Repository once the source is added, and the zip freezes up in the File Manager when inspected.

Thanks for the reply.

I have cleared data on Kodi so back to a fresh install.
Kodi is 17.3
Device is Fire TV Home 5.7.3-17, OS 5.2.4.1

When I explore the zip in file manager, I see addon.xml, changelog.txt and icon.png
If I choose Install From Zip, I can select your zip, which shows repository.primaeval but that has nothing inside
If I choose Install From Repository, I can't find anything Primaeval in any of the folders
Am I missing something obvious? I'm very new to the whole Kodi experience

Can you install repos or addons that aren't from the Kodi repo?
I expect you have got past the "Kodi \ Settings \ System \ Addons \ Unknown sources" setting.

Are you using this version 0.0.2 repo zip file?
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

The FireTV can be a bit temperamental but it should work for this.