Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-19, 16:36)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Categories work if I go through the menu, just not via the epg.
I will take a look at the channel_shortcuts.json

Which way are you getting to them in the epg?

Are you using the CatBar skin?

There are 2 types of Category list in the epg at the moment.

The older one is via the m,menu key and has a coloured background.

The other is in the CatBar skin and has a transparent background.
You can get to that if you set Settings \ Appearance \ Up to Categories
or
Map a key to the Show OSD action.

[EDIT] I've just spotted the error in the first type. I'll fix it in a bit. Hold tight.
I don't have a channel_shortcuts.json file.
I have changed the channel names to numbers via the xmltv file.

I have some hidden channels, which were added to categories before I hid them. Could this be the problem?
(2017-01-19, 16:42)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a channel_shortcuts.json file.
I have changed the channel names to numbers via the xmltv file.

I have some hidden channels, which were added to categories before I hid them. Could this be the problem?

I've just spotted the error in the first type. I'll fix it in a bit. Hold tight.
@gillmacca Try 0.0.302.
I changed so many things today with the Categories I expected something to break.
Thanks for the bug report.
No problem. I thought maybe I had done something wrong my end
version 0.0.303
- new Up to Categories option - Always (ie every page)

Somebody is going to ask for this so I might as well put it in as an option now.

Settings \ Appearance \ Up to Categories
now has a new option of Always so you can go up to the Categories Bar on every page instead of only the first channel.
Only works in the CatBar skin.
(2017-01-18, 16:40)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-18, 16:35)kevinkevin Wrote: [ -> ]Send this plugin to see if you can later tell me how to do it
If it's possible to remove the links and insert my own links
I can make a big confusion, but I like to do it.
Because I have good links and this plugin fails the channels
I would like to know how to do it.
If I could help it was to add my addon
I always update it and I would like to share a job like this
For me this is a great job I like tvguide very much

http://www.filedropper.com/pluginvideotvguide

And I remember this plugin was not made by me

tanks for your support

I know you are Portuguese but I really can't understand what you are asking me.

What do you want to add to TV Guide Fullscreen?

[EDIT] Maybe you could post it in Portuguese and Google Translate or @Hinkel could translate it.

Sorry, but I did not understand either. I think the difficulty is technical rather than idiomatic.
Hi primaeval

I am very grateful for all your hard work in implementing categories in the main epg and can say this is the best tv guide in kodi.

I will give feedback if I find any bugs or need changes, but so far it's all good and that's what I wanted from the beginning.

I would like to make 2 suggestions:-

1. Can you move the long date to the CatBar instead of the time bar.
2. Also in settings can we have an option to hide the "Category" before "All Channels" in CatBar as I only want my custom categories.

Many thanks once again!
(2017-01-19, 20:16)coolstud Wrote: [ -> ]Hi primaeval

I am very grateful for all your hard work in implementing categories in the main epg and can say this is the best tv guide in kodi.

I will give feedback if I find any bugs or need changes, but so far it's all good and that's what I wanted from the beginning.

I would like to make 2 suggestions:-

1. Can you move the long date to the CatBar instead of the time bar.
2. Also in settings can we have an option to hide the "Category" before "All Channels" in CatBar as I only want my custom categories.

Many thanks once again!

Glad you like it.

I don't want to move anything more around. It was hard enough to get this far.

If you want to customize it just follow these instructions.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2448861

I don't mind answering questions if you get stuck.

The "Category" control has an id of 7005 in
addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\resources\skins\CatBar\720p\script-tvguide-main.xml

Look for this to find the time controls:
Code:
<!-- Date and time row -->
The new static categories tab seems to work fine and even coincides with the old way. However, i think when you have more than 8 categories i find the mouse scroll doesn't work properly in your cat skin; it keeps tabbing back to #8. By scrolling on the categories it also scrolls the main EPG listings. Another small grievance is if you draw focus with mouse to a category in the cat tab it highlights it and stays highlighted, even if not selected. My cat tab is right above the timebar like yours, but my timebar is in a lower position so it's a little more noticeable. No biggie either way.

Also, if i know you i think you will eventually get tired of maintaining 2 skins for the sake of 40 pixels and will just compromise and cut the cat tab height in half while adding an "enable\disable cat tab" setting. If that sounds about right can you add the enable\disable setting now, haha? If i can turn it on and off its an added bonus to me as i like the feature but wouldn't use it 24\7, and sure as hell don't want to maintain 2 skins.
Love the new catbar skin. My favourite skin now, until the 'sky lookalike' skin comes out (have to see how that feels to use).
Is it possible to change the category background in the catbar skin, so it stands out a bit more?
(2017-01-20, 09:16)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Love the new catbar skin. My favourite skin now, until the 'sky lookalike' skin comes out (have to see how that feels to use).
Is it possible to change the category background in the catbar skin, so it stands out a bit more?

I made this one blend into the background.

You can make a copy and put it in your addon folder and experiment.

There is a background in control id 7000 which is disabled at the moment. Try making it visible.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu....xml#L1921

Try different textures in the category control id 7004.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu....xml#L1958

These skins are the way I like them but you are all free to make yours as Murdoch-like as you like.
(2017-01-20, 06:17)myname Wrote: [ -> ]The new static categories tab seems to work fine and even coincides with the old way. However, i think when you have more than 8 categories i find the mouse scroll doesn't work properly in your cat skin; it keeps tabbing back to #8. By scrolling on the categories it also scrolls the main EPG listings. Another small grievance is if you draw focus with mouse to a category in the cat tab it highlights it and stays highlighted, even if not selected. My cat tab is right above the timebar like yours, but my timebar is in a lower position so it's a little more noticeable. No biggie either way.

Also, if i know you i think you will eventually get tired of maintaining 2 skins for the sake of 40 pixels and will just compromise and cut the cat tab height in half while adding an "enable\disable cat tab" setting. If that sounds about right can you add the enable\disable setting now, haha? If i can turn it on and off its an added bonus to me as i like the feature but wouldn't use it 24\7, and sure as hell don't want to maintain 2 skins.

I couldn't find a fix for the mouse scrolling problem. That's why I moved it up to the top to allow for more categories without scrolling. If you find a solution please let me know. The Default skin is probably better for using a mouse to bring up the original categories bar.

That might be a good idea to shrink it and provide an option to toggle it. It was a pain to support the separate pip skin and I don't want to do it again if possible.
(2017-01-20, 06:17)myname Wrote: [ -> ]The new static categories tab seems to work fine and even coincides with the old way. However, i think when you have more than 8 categories i find the mouse scroll doesn't work properly in your cat skin; it keeps tabbing back to #8. By scrolling on the categories it also scrolls the main EPG listings. Another small grievance is if you draw focus with mouse to a category in the cat tab it highlights it and stays highlighted, even if not selected. My cat tab is right above the timebar like yours, but my timebar is in a lower position so it's a little more noticeable. No biggie either way.

version 0.0.304

This should fix the mouse problems.

When you move focus from the categories list they will ping back to the current category.

I'm tempted to go for the category bar always there as the Default skin but I don't use categories myself and it is a waste of space for me. Next time I have to change both skins I probably will ditch the current Default. Wink
Very impressed so far.
Quick question:
I have my own guide.xml and .ini files hosted online. Setup the guide to work with these and all works fine.
Is there a way to hardcode these, and probably some other settings in? Or alternatively is there a way I can include the userdata along with the addon, into an installable zip?

I have several (elderly/technologically challenged etc) family members in different locations using my modded version of FTVguide right now. Would like to replace with this but I don't want to have to set them all up individually.