Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great work! slowly understanding all the options.
I have a question regarding addons--when I define a new stream and press "addons" only one addon appears --how do see all installed addons in listing?
Thanx
(2017-08-11, 10:56)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]Great work! slowly understanding all the options.
I have a question regarding addons--when I define a new stream and press "addons" only one addon appears --how do see all installed addons in listing?
Thanx

I'm not quite sure where you mean and how you got there.

Usually you go to "Menu \ Stream Setup \ Browse" first to add streams.
Press Up/Down on the addon logo to see other addons.
Then click or press Enter.
Wait for the folders list to appear.
click on the folder with live streams
click Add Folder
click Default

If you do that for more than one addon you will see more addons in "Menu \ Stream Setup \ Addons"
I was using the mouse and left clicking the down/up arrow which does nothing--must use keypad LOL
Thanx
(2017-08-11, 11:58)smbs Wrote: [ -> ]I was using the mouse and left clicking the down/up arrow which does nothing--must use keypad LOL
Thanx

You can use the mouse wheel to go up and down but the arrows are just for show.
It's been like that since before I started messing with it so it wasn't my idea. Wink
Cake ver. 2
Just a few little fixes and tweaks and a better flip command where i exit the skin a little better before writing to it. The lockups are alot less frequent with this version for me if you had any. I noticed touch screens couldnt open some of the menu tabs so i added a little arrow you can touch to open the sub tabs of importance. I also included a "fixed" version of the default tvgfs skin where i ran it through the skin tool i use fixing a few things and adding a 1080i copy. I included a little log of what i did.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thismu...n.cake.zip
Does anyone know how to time shift the EPG to another timezone?
(2017-08-13, 03:26)porko2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to time shift the EPG to another timezone?

You can't do it in this addon.
If you make you're own xmltv file you can do it there with something like Webgrab+Plus.
(2017-08-13, 09:49)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-13, 03:26)porko2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to time shift the EPG to another timezone?

You can't do it in this addon.
If you make you're own xmltv file you can do it there with something like Webgrab+Plus.

If you change the timezone on the box will that do it?

@porko2003 @Mimomaj

version 0.0.359
- Settings \ Source \ XMLTV Timezone Offset (minutes)

Try this. Add the minutes or negative minutes to adjust your xmltv times.
Set the "File download interval" to "every start" to force it to read the xmltv on the next start. Then put it back to what it was.
(2017-08-13, 10:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.359
hmmm Wink, if this could be modified to allow specific timezone off-sets to be applied to all or some of channel items held within current XMLTV that would be very interesting/neat. (For when users are finding it difficult to apply correct required offsets to their source xmltv)
(2017-08-13, 10:31)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-13, 10:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.359
hmmm Wink, if this could be modified to allow specific timezone off-sets to be applied to all or some of channel items held within current XMLTV that would be very interesting/neat. (For when users are finding it difficult to apply correct required offsets to their source xmltv)

That is much more than I have the energy for.
I've added ways in Webgrab+Plus Configurator to adjust the timezone offset for different providers.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918
(2017-08-13, 10:37)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]That is much more than I have the energy for.
I've added ways in Webgrab+Plus Configurator to adjust the timezone offset for different providers.
No problem at all, it was just a thought.

With version 0.0.359 installed, quickly tested offset on an rpi3 (LibreELEC) and Win10 PC (Kodi) and I didnt notice any change at all when viewing guide.
(Tested with 60 & -60 mins settings, with File Download interval set to every start, did not appear to change anything)
(2017-08-13, 11:11)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-13, 10:37)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]That is much more than I have the energy for.
No problem at all, it was just a thought.

With version 0.0.359 installed, quickly tested offset on an rpi3 (LibreELEC) and Win10 PC (Kodi) and I didnt notice any change at all when viewing guide.
(Tested with 60 & -60 mins settings, with File Download interval set to every start, did not appear to change anything)

Have you got the md5 check turned on?
Could you check the xmltv is getting re-read by deleting or moving the source.db and xmltv.xml files first.
(2017-08-13, 11:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got the md5 check turned on?
Could you check the xmltv is getting re-read by deleting or moving the source.db and xmltv.xml files first.
renaming extension of source.db and xmltv.xml to .old in userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.full screen did trick and with freshly created files (in this location only?) offset of 60 mins is applied correctly.
(i.e. Orginating xmltv file in orginating folder, pointed to within TVGF settings is not modifed)

Did not have "md5 check (URLs only)" setting switched on, its is now, in what way would this help with information.
(2017-08-13, 11:53)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-13, 11:25)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got the md5 check turned on?
md5 (Where is that setting?)

renaming extension of source.db and xmltv.xml to .old in userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.full screen did trick and with freshly created files (in this location only?) offset of 60 mins is applied correctly.
(i.e. Orginating xmltv file in orginating folder, pointed to within TVGF settings is not modifed)

Good.
The md5 setting is the 4th one down in Settings\Source.
If you have control over your server get it to generate a .md5 file of the xmltv file after it creates it.
It will then save you some time and bandwidth by only downloading the xmltv file when it has changed.