Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
version 0.0.231
- Menu fix if no epg data
- Program Search fills in current program name

@Drt1989 This should fix it.

@gillmacca Program Search should fill in the search box with the current program title.
You can edit it if you're looking for something else.
Also... is it possible to add Radio channels? Just a thought - I add them using the Radio addon but they fail to play. I need to understand a bit more in terms of how this guide plays streams - what kind of streams it can play etc. I have limited knowledge but I am hear to learn.

Also, I have another Question (sorry, I hope this doesn't annoy you!)

Is it possible to resize the EPG Info image to match the size of the box you have in the bottom left? I assume I need to look within the Skins xmls? Also the font size is it possible to play with this? Sorry for all the noob questions - please feel free not to answer them if it takes too much time.
(2016-12-11, 21:48)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.231

@gillmacca Program Search should fill in the search box with the current program title.

Confirmed fixed
(2016-12-11, 21:48)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.231

Brilliant. Thanks. Is there a way for it to search programme synopsis as well (if it doesn't already do it)
I'm having a slight issue with logos.
My xml file contains a link to the logos e.g. <icon src="http://tv.sky.com/logo/248/60/skychb2151.png" />
Sometimes the logos will show for some channels, but not others. If I restart the guide, some of the channel logos vanish, but others appear.
Just wondering what is the correct setup for this (maybe I have a setting wrong somewhere)
I have enable channel logos and keep last channel logo mapping enabled
I have tried leaving it for 10 mins to see if they populate, with no success

Ignore this: after about an hour I notice that that started populating
version 0.0.232
- different play method that works with Radio too (might break some addons)
- Settings \ Appearance \ Scale Program Image (turn off for previous behaviour)
- Settings \ Appearance \ Program Search in Synopsis/Title

@Drt1989 This should fix the Radio playback. It used to work so I don't know when it got changed.
It uses the same play method as Stream Setup \ Preview does now which does play Radio streams.

If it breaks any addons let me know.

I've added an option to Scale the Program Image to the whole image window.
This is how it used to be but it can look bad for Portrait images like the movie posters from IMDb.

Internally I've used 2 Image windows on top of each other.

@gillmacca There is now an option to search in the Title and the Synopsis/Plot/Description.
(2016-12-12, 20:01)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]version 0.0.232
- different play method that works with Radio too (might break some addons)
- Settings \ Appearance \ Scale Program Image (turn off for previous behaviour)
- Settings \ Appearance \ Program Search in Synopsis/Title

@Drt1989 This should fix the Radio playback. It used to work so I don't know when it got changed.
It uses the same play method as Stream Setup \ Preview does now which does play Radio streams.

If it breaks any addons let me know.

I've added an option to Scale the Program Image to the whole image window.
This is how it used to be but it can look bad for Portrait images like the movie posters from IMDb.

Internally I've used 2 Image windows on top of each other.

@gillmacca There is now an option to search in the Title and the Synopsis/Plot/Description.

Nice!

One other request (Are you not going mad by now??)
- Is it possible to allow people to increase text size of the guide - for example what's coming on?
@Drt1989 I can't make the Font sizes configurable.

You can get a few Font options by changing the Kodi Font in System \ Appearance \ Skin \ Fonts.
Different Kodi skins use different fonts and sometimes have very stupid default sizes.

If you want to change the font sizes in the EPG you'll have to copy a skin and change the font settings yourself.

I think it is this post that shows you how to do it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2448861
Just updating to the latest version, thanks for the search synopsis.
Occasionally on launch (and it has just happened now), I get no listings, just a dash (tried quit and relaunch)
What's the best course of action when this happens?
(2016-12-12, 20:13)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Just updating to the latest version, thanks for the search synopsis.
Occasionally on launch (and it has just happened now), I get no listings, just a dash (tried quit and relaunch)
What's the best course of action when this happens?

I expect you've tried to run it twice or it is doing a background update.

There is so much code in the addon it takes a while to compile it when there is a new version so it looks like nothing is happening.

Patience you must have, my young Padawan. Wink
Probably doesn't help when you have in excess of 200 channels with 7 days listings....lol
(2016-12-12, 20:18)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Probably doesn't help when you have in excess of 200 channels with 7 days listings....lol

I think you are probably pushing the limits. Wink
(2016-12-12, 20:11)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@Drt1989 I can't make the Font sizes configurable.

You can get a few Font options by changing the Kodi Font in System \ Appearance \ Skin \ Fonts.
Different Kodi skins use different fonts and sometimes have very stupid default sizes.

If you want to change the font sizes in the EPG you'll have to copy a skin and change the font settings yourself.

Thanks

I had a play about but only managed to make the program description larger. I'll have to take another look. I just can't seem to find exactly what controls the EPG text within the xml?
I could handle just a couple of days listings, but my dad wants on his box (once I set it up) a full weeks listings.
Might need to sit down with him and explain the downside of this

Absolutely loving the new search function (takes a while, but there is a lot of data to go through).
I'm a big Beatles fan, and now I'm able to find any programme about them
(2016-12-12, 20:22)Drt1989 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-12, 20:11)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@Drt1989 I can't make the Font sizes configurable.

Thanks

I had a play about but only managed to make the program description larger. I'll have to take another look. I just can't seem to find exactly what controls the EPG text within the xml?
You can't change the EPG grid from within the xml files, what you'll have to do is either, as primaeval says, adjust it in the Skin GUI or alternatively go into your Kodi skins 720p/1080i folder & change the value of font13 in the Font.xml file. Increase the size of this and it will increase the EPG data font size.

For example change the size value, so instead of 30 you might choose 48 or something:

Code:
<font>
    <name>font13</name>
    <filename>weblysleekuil.ttf</filename>
    <size>30</size>
</font>