Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-16, 14:55)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval - I've edited the PlayWith.py and all is good, but of course any update to the addon would overwrite this. Could there be an option for the addon to first look in userdata for PlayWith.py before using the default version? I did try this but it always seems to default to the version in the addons folder. Also just a small thing, is there a way for me to mod this to show a current date/time string rather than at present it showing the unix date in the filename? Thanks.

playwith.py in the addon folder calls your own version in
special://profile/addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen/playwith.py
which won't be overwritten.
The same with the stopwith.py script.

That is where you should have put the examples.

The variable startDate is a datetime version of start which is used for the time string. You can use that instead.
You can format startDate however you like with strftime
see
addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\resources\playwith\playwith.py
First off as always thank you for the hard work that you put into updating/maintaining this addon!!!!

Now my complaints lol....not complaints at all really just ideas and suggestions.

Really just a couple of program image related questions.

Several updates ago you allowed the option to just use the OMDb as the source for program images. This resulted in, when available, actual episode images different for each episode. For example an actual image from the corresponding episode of "Friends" and if there were back to back episodes of the same show each episode presented a unique image that was from the episode. Ever since that images have been combined in the current "Find Program Images from OMDb/TVDb/IMDb" the image that is always presented is a generic poster/fanart image for the show that does not change episode to episode. I have found that enabling the "OMDb Image and Plot if Missing" option does not result in any difference in the images presented. Now I understand that you do not have any control of the images downloaded, you only provide us with options, but it seems that the OMDb is not the first place searched and because of that TVDb or IMDb options are found first and always used. I would like the option to choose the order in which the image sites are searched.

Another thing that I would like to have the option to do, and I am not sure that it's even possible, is to have all the images downloaded when the guide updates. I know that not everyone will want this but I find that there are long periods of time where I am not using Kodi that would be perfect for everything to be downloaded. The option to schedule the time would make it even better.

Thanks!
(2016-12-16, 16:12)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]First off as always thank you for the hard work that you put into updating/maintaining this addon!!!!

Now my complaints lol....not complaints at all really just ideas and suggestions.

Really just a couple of program image related questions.

Several updates ago you allowed the option to just use the OMDb as the source for program images. This resulted in, when available, actual episode images different for each episode. For example an actual image from the corresponding episode of "Friends" and if there were back to back episodes of the same show each episode presented a unique image that was from the episode. Ever since that images have been combined in the current "Find Program Images from OMDb/TVDb/IMDb" the image that is always presented is a generic poster/fanart image for the show that does not change episode to episode. I have found that enabling the "OMDb Image and Plot if Missing" option does not result in any difference in the images presented. Now I understand that you do not have any control of the images downloaded, you only provide us with options, but it seems that the OMDb is not the first place searched and because of that TVDb or IMDb options are found first and always used. I would like the option to choose the order in which the image sites are searched.

Another thing that I would like to have the option to do, and I am not sure that it's even possible, is to have all the images downloaded when the guide updates. I know that not everyone will want this but I find that there are long periods of time where I am not using Kodi that would be perfect for everything to be downloaded. The option to schedule the time would make it even better.

Thanks!

I'm trying not to be greedy with the images so that the addon doesn't get blocked.

It really is supposed to be a fallback if the xmltv is missing one or two images. Not for everything.

If I start calling the sites I use for thousands of tv shows in a normal xmltv file we're going to get blocked in an instant.

What is the source of your xmltv? Do you have any control over it?
@Scott00007 I'll have a go at using omdb to find all the missing images but if it gets blocked you have to write an apology email to omdb. ok?
version 0.0.253
- Settings \ Lab1 \ TVDb/IMDb Image Search (allows for OMDb only)

@Scott00007 This will let you have OMDb only again.
If the program has a season and episode number it won't cache the image as a generic TV show image.

I'll have a look at processing the xmltv file in the background.
Tried to access the action editor and I'm getting an addon error check logs. If you need my logs I can supply
(2016-12-16, 17:53)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Tried to access the action editor and I'm getting an addon error check logs. If you need my logs I can supply

Make sure you're on 0.0.253. I had an Android Python 2.6 problem earlier today.

Send me a log if it still won't work.
Updated to 0.0.253, and still getting the error.
Log is quite big (32mb) https://www.dropbox.com/s/7aai1dpgfqv8a9j/spmc.log?dl=0
(2016-12-16, 18:03)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to 0.0.253, and still getting the error.
Log is quite big (32mb) https://www.dropbox.com/s/7aai1dpgfqv8a9j/spmc.log?dl=0

Try 0.0.254.

It can be a real pain in the arse developing on Windows Kodi with Python 2.7 and then finding it won't work in Android with Python 2.6. I can't always get to an Android machine when the kids are using it.
Working now, Thanks
Hello @primaeval, now when the last channel panel is activated in TV mode, you can no longer use the OK key to select go back to the last channel? I tried setting up with the action editor but I could not. Sorry for the bad english again.
(2016-12-16, 21:58)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @primaeval, now when the last channel panel is activated in TV mode, you can no longer use the OK key to select go back to the last channel? I tried setting up with the action editor but I could not. Sorry for the bad english again.

Hi. 0.0.255 should fix it.
It was a bug due to the new command actions.
I've changed their names several times to make them clearer but I don't always catch em all.
Thank you
Need some advice on setting something up. Not just from primeval, but anyone who has a similar setup or idea.
In the UK we have BBC1. I have setup BBC1 HD (want HD not SD), but when the local/regional news comes on, it is only available in SD, and requires changes to an SD stream to view it.
I have been trying to figure out the best way to set this up. Currently come up with these options:
1....Use alternative stream and switch that way. Problem is when I eventually set up alternative stream for my other channels, I will have to choose which stream I want to view, rather than the tv guide switching over to the alternative stream if the main stream fails (which is what I want).
2....Create a separate channel that will only be used for local/regional news (seems a waste of time downloading the listings for just a programme that is on a few times a day)

Anyone got any other ideas?
(2016-12-16, 22:26)gillmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Need some advice on setting something up. Not just from primeval, but anyone who has a similar setup or idea.
In the UK we have BBC1. I have setup BBC1 HD (want HD not SD), but when the local/regional news comes on, it is only available in SD, and requires changes to an SD stream to view it.
I have been trying to figure out the best way to set this up. Currently come up with these options:
1....Use alternative stream and switch that way. Problem is when I eventually set up alternative stream for my other channels, I will have to choose which stream I want to view, rather than the tv guide switching over to the alternative stream if the main stream fails (which is what I want).
2....Create a separate channel that will only be used for local/regional news (seems a waste of time downloading the listings for just a programme that is on a few times a day)

Anyone got any other ideas?

I wouldn't worry about the bandwidth for an extra channel or two.

You could always move the local channels to the end of the channel list so you can get to them by going up,
or put them in a category.

If you must see the local news every time you can always set up an AutoPlay.

Another idea is to make a shortcut to the iPlayer WWW folder where the local news ends up and watch it a bit later.

[EDIT] The last idea is to add the local channel to TV Headend and record the local channels.
TV Headend comes with LibreELEC these days.