Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-13, 18:39)bluebug Wrote: [ -> ]hi thanks for your reply   when you use tv guide and it asks for m3u can you not add another channel to the tv guide from m3u ,
can you not add a live channel  from m3u to custom  xmltv Meld thanks for your help and advice
 The heart of TVGF is the addons.ini file not the m3u file like in IPTV Simple.

When you add streams from addons or an m3u playlist in Stream Setup they all get added to the addons.ini file in addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen

The channels that you see in the main epg window are the channels listed in the channels section of the xmltv file.

When you play a channel in TVGF it searches the addons.ini file for a name match. Not id.

If it matches you can store that match to use next time.

If you want to do anything else you'll have to get a text editor out and make your own m3u or addons.ini files to suit your requirements.

Read through the Wiki to understand what is going on in more detail or look in the files that are created in addon_data.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...creen/wiki
(2018-04-11, 23:57)mzup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-11, 15:13)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-11, 14:59)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]I have just had my settings reverted back to a previous setting. I noticed that some of the settings are getting saved in the source.db and I wonder if that causes some sort of conflict where it overwrites the settings.xml at some point.

Can you try changing your TVGF settings, open TVGF to make sure they are there, exit TVGF and then exit Kodi. Open things back up and verify that the settings are the same and hopefully that fixes it.  
 The settings stored in the source.db are used as a comparison to test if the settings have changed and the xmltv data needs to be reloaded.
They aren't used to update the settings.xml file.

The most likely thing is that TVGF has been opened twice at the same time.
Either when the background update is taking place or if you get impatient with the loading time and click on TVGF again.
I tried to put some locks and checks in at one point to help prevent that but I don't think I succeeded in understanding exactly how Kodi opens program script addons.

There is also the possibility of the addon_data folder being unwritable for some reason.   
 Hey guys, OK I don't know which i should try as primaeval your statement seems to cancel out the dr.'s thought. But I do know that I am not clicking twice on the app. I am careful to click only once and then wait.
What I have done in meantime is remove Dr's add on and it happened again.
Now i am attempting now is to mark xml as read only and see what happens.  

I wasn't sure about the sources.db but I do know that I've seen this problem when I change a setting and leave TVGF open for a while, the settings.xml will somehow get reset back to what they were.

When I make a change to my settings, here is what I do:
  1. Change the setting
  2. Open TVGF and verify the setting is changed
  3. Close TVGF
  4. Exit Kodi

When I follow those steps, the next time I run TVGF those settings do not get overwritten.
(2018-04-13, 22:07)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-11, 23:57)mzup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-11, 15:13)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ] The settings stored in the source.db are used as a comparison to test if the settings have changed and the xmltv data needs to be reloaded.
They aren't used to update the settings.xml file.

The most likely thing is that TVGF has been opened twice at the same time.
Either when the background update is taking place or if you get impatient with the loading time and click on TVGF again.
I tried to put some locks and checks in at one point to help prevent that but I don't think I succeeded in understanding exactly how Kodi opens program script addons.

There is also the possibility of the addon_data folder being unwritable for some reason.   
 Hey guys, OK I don't know which i should try as primaeval your statement seems to cancel out the dr.'s thought. But I do know that I am not clicking twice on the app. I am careful to click only once and then wait.
What I have done in meantime is remove Dr's add on and it happened again.
Now i am attempting now is to mark xml as read only and see what happens.    

I wasn't sure about the sources.db but I do know that I've seen this problem when I change a setting and leave TVGF open for a while, the settings.xml will somehow get reset back to what they were.

When I make a change to my settings, here is what I do:
  1. Change the setting
  2. Open TVGF and verify the setting is changed
  3. Close TVGF
  4. Exit Kodi

When I follow those steps, the next time I run TVGF those settings do not get overwritten.  
 That's interesting.
There are a few places in gui.py that write values into the settings like last.channel
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...i.py#L3081
Perhaps there is a threading conflict going on in there.
Hey sorry I haven't gotten back in a while. I haven't had a chance to do much. I started primaeval's steps to test, but i will try what Doc said to see if settings stay locked. Hope to do this over the weekend.
version 0.0.387
- Provide an alternate background for the channel column in the guide for skins. If the file tvg-alt-channel-column.png exists in the skin/media folder it will be used in the channel names/logos column.
- Allow for notification/autoplay/autoplaywith of only new episodes of a TV show. This requires your xmltv.xml file to have a <new /> tag. 
- Move autoplaywith recordings into separate folders for Movies and TV Shows to provide better library integration.

If you have any questions on this let me know. Since there is a database update in this version, you may need to reload the guide. If it shows up blank, go to Settings >> Source >> Reset on Start = TRUE. Open TVGF and your guide should be reloaded. Just make sure you turn it back off after if you do not want to reset every time you open TVGF.
Hey just wanted to update what is going on with the settings not saving. Seems that what dr eggs suggested is working. I make my changes, exit kodi and go back in and nothing gets lost. All is working.

thanks
(2018-04-16, 16:56)mzup Wrote: [ -> ]Hey just wanted to update what is going on with the settings not saving. Seems that what dr eggs suggested is working. I make my changes, exit kodi and go back in and nothing gets lost. All is working.

thanks
 Have you both got the background update service turned on and downloading xmltv data?
I use schedules direct.
(2018-04-16, 20:07)mzup Wrote: [ -> ]I use schedules direct.
 Schedules Direct can still run in the Background Service.
Do you reload the data when starting TVGF?
(2018-04-16, 16:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-16, 16:56)mzup Wrote: [ -> ]Hey just wanted to update what is going on with the settings not saving. Seems that what dr eggs suggested is working. I make my changes, exit kodi and go back in and nothing gets lost. All is working.

thanks
 Have you both got the background update service turned on and downloading xmltv data? 
 I have the background update service turned on updating every six hours.
hi thanks for your advice i was woundering i am in the process of making a m3u with xml guide ,         is it possible to add another link on the same line as m3u so you have 2 different links to the same program incase 1 link does not work thanks for your advice
(2018-04-17, 14:08)bluebug Wrote: [ -> ]hi thanks for your advice i was woundering i am in the process of making a m3u with xml guide ,         is it possible to add another link on the same line as m3u so you have 2 different links to the same program incase 1 link does not work thanks for your advice
 No but there are several ways to do it.

The way TVGF was intended to work is to set up Alternative Streams in the Stream Setup menu.
You can change various settings in Settings \ Playback to change the behaviour.
You can use them as fallback channels when the Primary Stream fails.

Another way is to link to a .strm file that has the multiple urls in it. One per line.
If the first one fails it should try the next.
You'll have to experiment.

You could link your m3u to somewhere that does the same sort of thing.
Link your url to another m3u playlist that has the stream and backup streams in it.
That is sort of how hls and mpeg-dash work but they expect more intelligence from the client video player to switch amongst streams based on available bandwidth.
(2018-04-17, 02:38)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-16, 16:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks
 I have the background update service turned on updating every six hours. 
 If I had the energy again I'd put all the settings that are made or updated from TVGF in files or the database.
Using the settings.xml file to store volatile settings doesn't seem too reliable.

Another help would be to make a temporary database of the new xmltv data in the background service and quickly import that into the main database in one operation.
That should help prevent any database lockups in the epg window.

I never got to the bottom of making sure the main TVGF script only ever opened in one main window either.

If you're looking for a challenge you could have a look at that.
(2018-04-16, 22:38)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-16, 20:07)mzup Wrote: [ -> ]I use schedules direct.
 Schedules Direct can still run in the Background Service.
Do you reload the data when starting TVGF? 
Oh I didn't know. No I don't. Reloads every 24 hours.
@mzup and @Doctor Eggs what version of Kodi are you running?
I've just lost all my setting for IPTV Recorder when I had to kill Kodi after something hung on Leia.
I know there were a lot of changes to the Kodi settings handling and format fairly recently.