Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-10, 00:38)samueljones Wrote: [ -> ]@primaeval, can you please consider adding the channel number in the OSD if possible.

Thank You.
SJ

Hello @primaeval, if possible media / codec info too.
(2017-01-10, 01:01)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: [ -> ]Couple more requests, I'm using this more and more Smile

- Is it possible to have a 'File Download Interval' option to only update if the XML has changed (maybe just check the date modified)? Even the 48 hours option is too short for me, I grab about 2 weeks worth at a time.
- Would love to see a 'Delete Category' option in the Context Menu of the Categories
- For the Program Category Search function, is there a reason the results start 6 hours before the current time? Ideally this would be used to find programs that are on currently and upcoming - You have that timebar icon if it's currently playing, is there a way to only grab programs in the past if it has that icon?
- Do people want to keep the Channel Title in this view too, or is there a way to hide it? I think the Channel Icons speak for themselves for the most part..

That's it - Thanks!!

If you use a local network xml file it will only use it if the date is newer than the last one.
So you can turn interval to "every start".

If you use a remote xml file you can add an md5 file on the server and it will only download when the md5 hash value has changed.
You can use "every start" again.
If your xml file is called guide.xmltv on your server make a file called:
http://somewhere.com/guide.xmltv.md5
with a 32 bit md5 value inside.

There are 2 new intervals of 7 days and 14 days if you can't use the 2 methods above.

To delete a category either Clear Channels or Remove all Channels and restart the guide.
It is done that way on purpose.

The 6 hour setting on the Channel Listing is so you can Catchup on programs that have been on.
Change it to 0 if you don't use Catchup or more if you do.

I have no idea what the channel logos mean for most of the channels I come across. The Channel Title is vital.
If you don't need it follow these instructions to make your own skin and make 4101 invisible.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2448861

Code:
<control type="label" id="4101">
            <description>channel title</description>
            <posx>550</posx>
            <posy>10</posy>
            <width>240</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <align>left</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>font13_title</font>
            <textcolor>white</textcolor>
            <visible>false</visible>
            <label>-</label>
</control>

@Hinkel There is no codec information for the streams until you run them, especially the ones that use plugins.
I don't want to clutter up the description with all the extra info that comes in some xmltv files.
If you want that info you can configure webgrab to merge it into the description with the mdb post-processor.
(2017-01-10, 00:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 00:37)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I'm getting a oops sorry about that it was not possible to load program data. Check settings or try again later... on fresh install first run is there something I need to change in the settings or just keep checking back? thanks

You need to set an xmltv data source in Settings \ Source.
You can an also experiment with the alternative sources in Settings \ Lab2.

thanks for the response can you recommend a good free source for the US?
@cscott1 - I'd recommend making your own using the Webgrab addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918 I have it run in the middle of the night every day & it works perfectly, and no need to rely on other people uploading their files.
(2017-01-10, 00:51)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 00:37)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I'm getting a oops sorry about that it was not possible to load program data. Check settings or try again later... on fresh install first run is there something I need to change in the settings or just keep checking back? thanks

You need to set an xmltv data source in Settings \ Source.
You can an also experiment with the alternative sources in Settings \ Lab2.

thanks for the response I guess I have to add my own source before opening up. If you don't mind and pardon my ignorance I am very new to EPG's how do you add it as your source in the settings? I went to the Webgrabplus site and then to united states channels I noticed that TV.com and USTV Now are sources. There is a download icon do I download a zipfile or just place a direct link to the website or what? if there is a setup tutorial somewhere that i have overlooked a link to that would be great thanks for any help.
(2017-01-10, 14:32)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@cscott1 - I'd recommend making your own using the Webgrab addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918 I have it run in the middle of the night every day & it works perfectly, and no need to rely on other people uploading their files.

thanks FXB78 can you elaborate on the setup process. Im sure once i get in ill figure it out just not sure how to get started.
(2017-01-10, 14:50)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 14:32)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]@cscott1 - I'd recommend making your own using the Webgrab addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918 I have it run in the middle of the night every day & it works perfectly, and no need to rely on other people uploading their files.

thanks FXB78 can you elaborate on the setup process. Im sure once i get in ill figure it out just not sure how to get started.

Here is a step by step guide for Windows.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2447504

There is probably enough information on the first page that FXB78 linked to to get it to work in LibreELEC.

zap2xml worked easily for me the other day
http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Most of the other TV Guides download an xml or xmltv file into their addon_data folder. So to test it out you could just link to that.

SchedulesDirect is also built in as a data source but there are no program images so far.
(2017-01-10, 14:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 14:50)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Here is a step by step guide for Windows.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2447504

There is probably enough information on the first page that FXB78 linked to to get it to work in LibreELEC.

zap2xml worked easily for me the other day
http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Most of the other TV Guides download an xml or xmltv file into their addon_data folder. So to test it out you could just link to that.

SchedulesDirect is also built in as a data source but there are no program images so far.

Thank you for everything
New Addon in my repo.

This is a long term ask from people in here.
If you have addons that always change the url or keep updating the stream this is for you.

Stream Searcher
plugin.video.stream.searcher

* Subscribe to addon folders and search them when playing a channel.

* Link the Channels folder in Stream Searcher to TV Guide Fullscreen with the Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder or Save methods.

* Import Channel lists from any ini file that has the format Channel=Stream. Stream is ignored.

* Ignore the Settings in version 0.0.1. They do nothing

* Don't be greedy. Only use this for folders that change urls frequently.
(2017-01-10, 19:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]New Addon in my repo.

This is a long term ask from people in here.
If you have addons that always change the url or keep updating the stream this is for you.

Stream Searcher
plugin.video.stream.searcher

* Subscribe to addon folders and search them when playing a channel.

* Link the Channels folder in Stream Searcher to TV Guide Fullscreen with the Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder or Save methods.

* Import Channel lists from any ini file that has the format Channel=Stream. Stream is ignored.

* Ignore the Settings in version 0.0.1. They do nothing

Highly popular request for use with various IPTV providers.. Cool

Cheers!
Awesome stuff mate, nice to see something new coming up. Cheers
addons.ini Creator
version 0.0.7
- Channels menu

I've added the same new Channels menu into addons.ini Creator so you can use it in the same way as Stream Searcher but for more static addons.ini files.
Very nice extras to add to the arsenal. I've been tinkering with the skin some more (just went through a breakup and am bored) and by using the confluence source code i managed to rip a few current player attributes. If its a $var or $info it's skin dependent but if its anything along the lines of videplayer.tag it seems to work with local or remote media. The resolution and audio png will dynamically change based on the media. This also seems to work on all skins and kodi version 16\17. Its less than 100k of png files and i think its nifty, but you may find it skin melanoma. After ripping the player controls and adding them to the epg osd i wondered if it was better to override the kodi osd (if possible) altogether and use our custom osd entirely in place of it. I'm not sure what controls we would be missing and i find it annoying when the kodi osd overrides the epg addon osd. You would have to start the focus on the first player icon, and then down to our custom controls, where down would become "our" buttons, quick epg i believe. Also i ripped the tab menu for the main screen if its of use. This is just a proof of concept of whats possible. No idea if it's useful.

(2017-01-10, 22:16)myname Wrote: [ -> ]^^^
Sorry to hear about your breakup.

It would be nice to have some playback buttons so you don't have to go into Kodi Fullscreen mode.

I already feel the need to purge some of the visible mouse control ones in the main epg.
It's getting too crowded in there for my liking. Wink

Something would be good as long as its necessary or helpful and discrete.

Thanks.
Sorry if I missed it, but are there instructions on how to actually set up the addons.ini Creator and/or Stream Searcher? I installed them, but have no idea how to use them. Thx