Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-21, 18:46)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]This is current content of service.webgrabplus.service which starts on boot and then every 21600 seconds (six hours) after that :-

Quote:[Unit]
Description=WebGrab+Plus
Documentation=http://www.webgrabplus.com/
After=network.target
Requires=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/sh /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start
Restart=always
RestartSec=21600

[Install]
WantedBy=kodi.target

I understand from page you pointed me to that I would need to create an additonal service.webgrabplus.timer file (in same folder?)
i.e. something similar to as follows :-

Description=Run WebGrab+Plus daily

[Timer]
OnCalendar=*-*-* 03:00:00
Persistent=true

[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target

But currently not sure what to do to start timer and how it actually interacts with service.webgrabplus.service and what I need to edit in orginal service file etc.

Will keep reading/studying BlushWink

I don't know much about systemd much yet either. I haven't needed to set up linux init scripts for a long time.

I was hoping we could just remove the RestartSec and replace it with the Timer section but I am just hoping.

If that works we should be able to add a setting in the Kodi service configuration to set the time to run it at.
Then the kodi service can edit the system service file and restart it.

I hope you can work it out. Good Luck.
This file starts/restarts the system.d service with the call to "systemctl restart service.webgrabplus"
/storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/default.py

It must assume that the service ends in .service.
It gets the id from
self.id = xbmcaddon.Addon().getAddonInfo('id')
which is
service.webgrabplus

Maybe you launch timers a different way?
OK, Think i am getting nearer in my overall understanding, Plan to edit service.webgrabplus.service as follows:-

Description=WebGrab+Plus
Documentation=http://www.webgrabplus.com/

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/bin/sh /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start

Then via ssh "systemctl enable service.webgrabplus.timer" (to run other script i posted in previous post) and this should then run webgrabplus.start everyday at 03:00 after a re-boot etc. Will keep reading up...
This is a bit of a simpler explanation about starting timers.
https://jason.the-graham.com/2013/03/06/...md-timers/
Yes, been looking at exact same blog post for inspiration/explanation Wink
primaeval, im85288 & iainsmacleod

Just a quick post to say loving all the efforts to bring TV Guide add-on up to date as a real Fullscreen alternative to standard kodi PVR's
(With extremely usefull integration functionality which is not available within any of the standard kodi PVR's and Clients Wink

Keep up the great work CoolCool

Regarding name for new addon, I would keep it simple, what about "Live Radio/TV Guide" for users favourite selected Radio and TV channels from multiple sources.
I would just call it Guide personally. Thanks for the props. I'm. Having issue with adding my skin, hope to work it out today.

Sent from my OnePlus 2
Thanks @MikeKL - I've been tweaking away like mad this past weekend but if you notice any bugs or have suggestions please let me know.

As for a new name..how about Super Guide!
Has anyone else got an Android box they can do some tests on?

When you start playing a channel or switching channels you sometimes get a black overlay which won't go away until you press c or i or back.

I am pretty sure the black screen bug is in Kodi or the Android os and not in the guide.

I disabled all the textures which were 1280x720 and it still happened.

It happens in gui.py in function playChannel. The line is
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(%s,1)' % url)
which starts playback in windowed mode, although the video window is actually 1280x720 fullscreen.

It is not consistent but I would like to know if it doesn't happen on some Android devices or some addon types.
Hopefully coming soon (PR sent) will be the possibility to flick back to your last watched program by either pressing zero to jump straight to that channel or (currently only on the sly skin) pressing right to preview what's playing on the last watched channel and pressing select to view it:
- last channel in sly skin
- last channel (0), show last channel info in tv mode (right), hide (left)

Thanks im85288.

Last channel should be coming to the other skins in the near future.
[EDIT] 0.0.75 - last channel info in Default and pip skins

Is nobody using an Android box or derivative (FireTV etc)?
Another hopefully coming soon is a Next Up feature built into the addon. It can be enabled/disabled in the settings along with the time in seconds before the end of the current program it is shown at (default 20 seconds)
Yesterday I added 4 channels to my XMLT. They are showing grayed out on the guide, I can link them and watch them. The gray out only affects the highlight (I can't tell what channel I'm on without looking at the show description). Just wondering what is the significance of the gray out?

I have .77 now.

When I choose a bad stream, the screen goes black. none of the buttons will clear it like either i twice or back used to. The only way is task manager. I can't mention any of the addons I use.
Windows 10 Kodi 16.1.
(2016-08-24, 15:25)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday I added 4 channels to my XMLT. They are showing grayed out on the guide, I can link them and watch them. The gray out only affects the highlight (I can't tell what channel I'm on without looking at the show description). Just wondering what is the significance of the gray out?

I have .77 now.

When I choose a bad stream, the screen goes black. none of the buttons will clear it like either i twice or back used to. The only way is task manager. I can't mention any of the addons I use.
Windows 10 Kodi 16.1.

I need a bit more to go on: screenshots, debug log, xmltv file.
If the addons are a bit naughty send it by pm or make an issue on github.
So, of course, after I mention it the gray out fixed itself.
PM sent.