Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't say that I am sure.  All I can say is that I entered the URL in stalker for channels and guide and it works.  If I understand correctly, then I need "Convert & to &" but do I also need to setup stalker as the add on for playback?  If so do I still need FFFmpg addon?

Thank you!
(2018-11-07, 20:08)skripo Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say that I am sure.  All I can say is that I entered the URL in stalker for channels and guide an dit works.  If I understand correctly, then I need "Convert & to &" but do I also need to setup stalker as the add on for playback?  If so do I still need FFFmpg addon?

Thank you!
 ffmpeg isn't needed in TVGF unless you are trying to record.

pm me your urls and I'll see if I can work out what you're trying to do.
Gorgeous guide and works perfectly with my m3u guide source but can't get ichannels to play properly, it can take up to 2 minutes to start playback.

Questions:

1)  Why can't I select PVR Simple client as a source?

2) Do I even need PVR Simple client for playback?  I have one url that contains channels and and guide info, works perfect in PVR Simple client.

3) How do I set it up using the single URL (I have a separate URL for EPG if needed but the XMTV file contains both channels and guides)

4) I would like to get the categories and VODS as well

How do I proceed?

Thank you!
I found these instructions on page 171 that I paraphrased:

1) Add the xmltv file in Settings\Source as a File or Url.

2) Add the m3u in Settings\Optional\Import m3u.

Only one Stream will get mapped to one Channel that way.

Alternatively add the m3u in Menu\Stream Setup\Import Playlist.

Again, the guide loads, but does not play.

If I understand correctly, I don't need PVR Simple client, it should just work with my 2 credentialed URLS, is that correct?
(2018-11-14, 06:46)skripo Wrote: [ -> ]I found these instructions on page 171 that I paraphrased:

1) Add the xmltv file in Settings\Source as a File or Url.

2) Add the m3u in Settings\Optional\Import m3u.

Only one Stream will get mapped to one Channel that way.

Alternatively add the m3u in Menu\Stream Setup\Import Playlist.

Again, the guide loads, but does not play.

If I understand correctly, I don't need PVR Simple client, it should just work with my 2 credentialed URLS, is that correct?
 That's the right instructions if your m3u matches your xmltv.
The tvg-id fields must match exactly for that to work.

TVGF is primarily designed to work with addon streams.
IPTV Simple Client is designed to work with xmltv/m3u combinations.

You can see what channel is mapped to what stream when you close TVGF in:
\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini

If nothing is mapped up you can import the m3u in:
Settings\Optional\...m3u Playlist Subscriptions
or
Menu\Stream Setup\Import Playlist
if you have downloaded the m3u file.

Those streams will appear in the dummy "TV Guide Fullscreen" addon.
When you try to play a channel it will look in that list for a channel name match.
If there is only one match it will map and play that stream.
If there are more it will show you a list of streams to choose from.
Huge kudos to primaeval for the amazing support, patience, and awesome guide.  Now that I am up and running I have a few questions:

1) I my sources are URL and they take very long to load.  Is there anyway to cache them?  They take long to load and want to reload with every channel change.
2) How do I set up the guide to display channel numbers
3) Is there any way to customize supplier defined caetgories?  Ex:  I only want to use 3 of the 20 they supply.
4) Finally, how do I get VOD?

Thanks!
(2018-11-18, 03:15)skripo Wrote: [ -> ]Huge kudos to primaeval for the amazing support, patience, and awesome guide.  Now that I am up and running I have a few questions:

1) I my sources are URL and they take very long to load.  Is there anyway to cache them?  They take long to load and want to reload with every channel change.
2) How do I set up the guide to display channel numbers
3) Is there any way to customize supplier defined caetgories?  Ex:  I only want to use 3 of the 20 they supply.
4) Finally, how do I get VOD?

Thanks!
TVGF is not the same as IPTV Simple Client.
As your setup is designed for IPTV Simple Client I would probably stick to that if I were you.
TVGF needs a lot of user attention to make it act like IPTV Simple Client.
If you're not into DIY you should save yourself a lot of work.
TVGF only saves you effort if most of your streams come from addons.

The VOD menu is a shortcut to the recent Kodi Movies and TV Show Episodes.
If your VOD programs in your m3u don't have an associated channel in the xmltv they won't appear in TVGF.
Either make strm files for the vod programs or make dummy channels for the programs.

Your source m3u is just too big. Chop off the vod channels and load it from a file.

You can set various options for Channel numbers in Settings\Playback\Channel Shortcuts.

You can edit and load custom Categories in Settings\Optional\Import categories.ini
Use the most recent one as a template:
"userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\categories.ini
So the loading time is because the source list too big, not because it has to get it every time?
(2018-11-18, 17:01)skripo Wrote: [ -> ]So the loading time is because the source list too big, not because it has to get it every time?
 Both. Import m3u does it on every start.
It is usually no problem for a few hundred channels but yours has 41000 channels.
They really shouldn't be in there.
Make an m3u with just the channels you need and you'll have more fun.
Hi,
is it possible to import the channels from pvr.teleboy ? If I  click on Import pvr in Stream setup nothing happens
My teleboy pvr is up and running fine
(2018-11-22, 08:40)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
is it possible to import the channels from pvr.teleboy ? If I  click on Import pvr in Stream setup nothing happens
 That should work.
Look in "Stream Setup\Addons\TV Guide Fullscreen" to see if the teleboy channels have been added to that addon.
It's a workaround to add them in.

I couldn't get teleboy to work for me though but I just have the free subscription.
IPTV Simple Client did work.

Note that playing a Kodi PVR channel will open the channel in the Kodi PVR so all the normal TVGF osds won't be there.
You can still press Back to get back to the TVGF epg.

There is no feedback when you press "Import PVR". I still haven't got around to fixing it.
(2018-11-22, 09:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
 That should work.
Look in "Stream Setup\Addons\TV Guide Fullscreen" to see if the teleboy channels have been added to that addon.
Stream Setup\Addons is empty. No pvr channels inside.
(2018-11-22, 13:52)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-22, 09:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
 That should work.
Stream Setup\Addons is empty. No pvr channels inside. 
 Does teleboy work in the Kodi PVR?
Did you install the right version of TVGF?
Do other addons appear in Stream Setup\Addons when you add them from Browse?
Do other pvr addon channels appear in Stream Setup\Addons when you add them with Import PVR (IPTV Simple Client etc)?
(2018-11-22, 15:09)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Does teleboy work in the Kodi PVR?
yes
Did you install the right version of TVGF?
0.17.402 @ Kodi Leia Beta 4
Do other addons appear in Stream Setup\Addons when you add them from Browse?
yes
Do other pvr addon channels appear in Stream Setup\Addons when you add them with Import PVR (IPTV Simple Client etc)?
no. I tried Zattoo PVR. Its the same 
EDIT: Tried IPTV Simple Client also not visable
Been a kodi user for years and only just found this duh , its excellent thank you ,  my only issue so far is "categories" , I have em listed top of egg and i can also access the long list of them on left after long pressing OK on keyboard , but when i click on a category it doesn't change ? am stuck on "all channels ", using an m3u and an xml file ? am I missing a setting ?