Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
version 0.0.186
- Mulitple Alternative Streams

If you added any alternative streams in 0.0.186 they will be lost. Sorry.
But you can add as many as you like now. Smile
Nothing special. I just follow your instructions. O changed the values ​​in control 7024.

</control>
<control type="image" id="7024">
<description>Channel logo</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>220r</posy>
<width>420</width>
<height>200</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<align>botton</align>
<fadetime>0</fadetime>
<visible>true</visible>
<!-- unused in default skin -->
</control>

And as background I use the image of sly TV Guide DVR, background.png (thanks im85288).
(2016-11-09, 19:36)Hinkel Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing special. I just follow your instructions. O changed the values ​​in control 7024.

Did you put the channel logo behind the program logo?
Hi primaeval, on a related topic I have noticed that control 7024 is now not displayed like it used to, i.e. over the top of the program image in the bottom corner.

I can fix this by commenting out this new line of code in gui.py (line 1179):

control = self.getControl(self.C_MAIN_LOGO)

EDIT - OK I figured it out, the indent is incorrect on this line, if I tab it over one it fixes the issue Smile Could you make this small change when you push the next release?

Thanks.
(2016-11-09, 20:02)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi primaeval, on a related topic I am also using a version of the old sly skin & have noticed that control 7024 is now not displayed like it used to, i.e. over the top of the program image in the bottom corner.

I can fix this by commenting out this new line of code in gui.py (line 1179):

control = self.getControl(self.C_MAIN_LOGO)

I'm not even sure what this new code does but it seems to be hiding my logo for some reason. Any ideas how I can fix this?

There might be a lot of differences now. We have diverged quite a bit. Be careful.

You have to do a bit of detective work to find out the constant that relates to the control number in gui.py.

If you want the channel logo on top of the program image put 7024 after 7023 in script-tvguide-main.xml

The only new related thing is the setting Show Channel Logo in EPG which turns the channel logo on and off.
(2016-11-09, 20:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]There might be a lot of differences now. We have diverged quite a bit. Be careful.

You have to do a bit of detective work to find out the constant that relates to the control number in gui.py.

If you want the channel logo on top of the program image put 7024 after 7023 in script-tvguide-main.xml

The only new related thing is the setting Show Channel Logo in EPG which turns the channel logo on and off.
Thanks, "Show Channel Logo" seems to have fixed it Smile
(2016-11-09, 20:15)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, as per my edit above it seems the indent in the code is causing the issue?

It can't be indented any more or the rest of the code won't work. Make sure your version looks like this.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...i.py#L1179
Damn you're too quick for my edits Smile It was the new setting "Show Channel Logo in EPG", I enabled that & it fixed the issue. Cheers.
(2016-11-09, 20:22)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn you're too quick for my edits Smile It was the new setting "Show Channel Logo in EPG", I enabled that & it fixed the issue. Cheers.

Good. Smile

You'll have to add in the new controls if you are going to use the Sly skin and want things like channel logos from TheLogoDB and Alternative Streams. It's not too tricky, just a few buttons.
No, I Just disabled program imagem. Here dont work well,So I prefer display channels logo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-_mouwc...p=drivesdk
How does alternative stream work, exactly? Sorry if I'm being dumb. Is it basically a fallback option? So Stream 1 doesn't work, it falls to stream 2, and so on?
@FXB78 If you are going to try to pull in the sly skin from dvr, you should really take out all the references to iplayerwww or you will be hammering the BBC servers pretty hard. If you have a vpn they will probably want to block you. Wink
(2016-11-09, 21:41)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]How does alternative stream work, exactly? Sorry if I'm being dumb. Is it basically a fallback option? So Stream 1 doesn't work, it falls to stream 2, and so on?

It's set to manual right now.

You need to add an Alt Stream from Stream Setup \ Favourites or Addons.

If you have got a normal primary stream set for a channel and have also added at least one alternative stream there will be a select dialog that asks which one you want.

You can clear them in Stream Setup \ strm|m3u \ Clear Alt Stream, one by one (multiselect managed to hang the guide).

It is a bit different than other guides.

I added it for fallbacks when I get those annoying "Stream can't be played for legal reasons" messages that appear on some channels rather than when streams fail. The satellite repeater services like Filmon and Teleboy show everything usually but not in as high quality as the direct sources such as with iPlayerWWW.
@primaeval, I'm not using that I have a very old copy from one of your first versions of this guide, before it was pulled. I just adjust it to keep up with your updates. AFAIK there's none of the meta-data enhancements etc that have been added in to TVG DVR Smile
(2016-11-09, 21:52)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-09, 21:41)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]How does alternative stream work, exactly? Sorry if I'm being dumb. Is it basically a fallback option? So Stream 1 doesn't work, it falls to stream 2, and so on?

It's set to manual right now.

You need to add an Alt Stream from Stream Setup \ Favourites or Addons.

If you have got a normal primary stream set for a channel and have also added at least one alternative stream there will be a select dialog that asks which one you want.

You can clear them in Stream Setup \ strm|m3u \ Clear Alt Stream, one by one (multiselect managed to hang the guide).

It is a bit different than other guides.

I added it for fallbacks when I get those annoying "Stream can't be played for legal reasons" messages that appear on some channels rather than when streams fail. The satellite repeater services like Filmon and Teleboy show everything usually but not in as high quality as the direct sources such as with iPlayerWWW.
I see. Excellent idea.