Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Jurialmunkey, love the skin so much.   I have one question: Is there a way to see the movies in a a set while in library mode?  Estuary shows the movies in the set and I can't seem to figure out if Aura can show that with the correct settings.

Estuary Library Mode

Aura Library Mode
@jhr1948 - Install SkinHelper from Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies
That worked, thanks!  Just curious, is there a way just to just show the list of movies instead of plots for all the movies in the sets (only for the sets) like estuary?  
Thanks again for all the hard work
Hi @jurialmunkey first of all, thank you for the skin!  So I plan on doing a clean install of my Kodi setup.  I noticed that the Aura skin is now on the official Kodi repo.  Do I have to install the horizon genre icon pack, RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api separately or will that be automatically installed when I install the Aura skin from the official repo?
it's from within where you enter e.g. album title then artist name. if the scraper doesn't find any match you end up on the album title entry screen again with no way to get out. The "back" button doesn't work and just keeps erasing letters. I might be missing the obvious or maybe my key mappings are screwed up.
Hi @jurialmunkey .. yes I was asking about the poster size widget for the submenu.. I found a alternate way to get my job done. Thanks for the great skin.

Also, I seem to have hit a bug:
The widgets under a menu item constantly shakes/flashing wildly/flickering. These widgets are from music addons. Someone had posted this on reddit as well - @Karellen- Link Removed and he/she was using Aura as well.

Another question - Is there a way to change the weather icons? I have multiple weather icons addons installed but Aura only uses the kodi default.

--- Mod Edit ---
@prateek33
Be aware of our Forum Rules. Do not link to 3rd party sites using Banned Add-ons (wiki).

If you have these installed, you are ineligible for support here
First of all, the Aura Skin is really a very nice Skin. Thank you!

I have a few questions.

1. In my collection overview is also "no information" but i have the skin helper from the marcelveldt's beta repository like its mentioed on the first page.

2. I used the fuse neue Skin in the former kodi version and loved the possibility that i could change the language in pause/option mode with one klick. Maybe it's possible to insert this feature to the player?

3. I love the feature in idle mode, that the itmes are rolling and so you can idle in the film section and the films rolls by.

4. It would be awesome if the player shows in pausemode also the Endtime and not only how may time gone by and how long the movie is.

Maybe i have overseen some preferences.
(2019-02-20, 13:35)jhr1948 Wrote: [ -> ]That worked, thanks!  Just curious, is there a way just to just show the list of movies instead of plots for all the movies in the sets (only for the sets) like estuary?  
Thanks again for all the hard work
Not currently but I'll look into it.
(2019-02-20, 17:14)McNuguid Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey first of all, thank you for the skin!  So I plan on doing a clean install of my Kodi setup.  I noticed that the Aura skin is now on the official Kodi repo.  Do I have to install the horizon genre icon pack, RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api separately or will that be automatically installed when I install the Aura skin from the official repo?
The genre icon pack is not on the repo, so you will have to install it manually still (I will look at getting it up soon)

Skin helper isn't installed automatically, but you can easily install it from the manage dependencies section of skin settings - some people on low powered devices don't like having too many service addons installed, so this gives them a choice.
(2019-02-20, 20:00)nuwonda Wrote: [ -> ]it's from within where you enter e.g. album title then artist name. if the scraper doesn't find any match you end up on the album title entry screen again with no way to get out. The "back" button doesn't work and just keeps erasing letters. I might be missing the obvious or maybe my key mappings are screwed up.
Oh, on the on-screen keyboard you mean?
(2019-02-21, 07:36)prateek33 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey .. yes I was asking about the poster size widget for the submenu.. I found a alternate way to get my job done. Thanks for the great skin.

Also, I seem to have hit a bug:
The widgets under a menu item constantly shakes/flashing wildly/flickering. These widgets are from music addons. Someone had posted this on reddit as well - @Karellen- Link Removed and he/she was using Aura as well.

Another question - Is there a way to change the weather icons? I have multiple weather icons addons installed but Aura only uses the kodi default.

--- Mod Edit ---
@prateek33
Be aware of our Forum Rules. Do not link to 3rd party sites using Banned Add-ons (wiki).

If you have these installed, you are ineligible for support here
Weather icons can be changed by going into the weather window (not the widget, the actual weather screen - you might need to add a menu item for it). Inside the window, press up to access top menu - there is an option there.

Not sure what you mean by flickering, but it might be the categories widget bug that I can't reproduce. See if enabling/disabling categories widget stops it. Also see if adding something to your categories menu helps.
(2019-02-21, 13:30)traab Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, the Aura Skin is really a very nice Skin. Thank you!

I have a few questions.

1. In my collection overview is also "no information" but i have the skin helper from the marcelveldt's beta repository like its mentioed on the first page.

2. I used the fuse neue Skin in the former kodi version and loved the possibility that i could change the language in pause/option mode with one klick. Maybe it's possible to insert this feature to the player?

3. I love the feature in idle mode, that the itmes are rolling and so you can idle in the film section and the films rolls by.

4. It would be awesome if the player shows in pausemode also the Endtime and not only how may time gone by and how long the movie is.

Maybe i have overseen some preferences.

I'm not sure why 1 is happening. Do you have the correct api keys added as per instructions on first post? Do you have internet access?

2. It's coming soon. Smile

3. It doesn't really work in aura due to having multiple widgets

4. Pressing info will show end time.
Decided to finally upgrade to Leia and went straight for this skin, being a long-time user of AZ on 17.x. I love the way you build your skins, especially the extremely customizable homescreen is awesome!

Two things regarding Aura though:

1) There's one addon dependencie that when running takes a huge performance hit and lets the whole skin become laggy - I still don't know which addon exactly is the reason for that performance hit, since time ran out on me while testing yesterday, but I've narrowed it down to 3-4 addons. While come back to this soon!

2) I'm using the music videos category to organize my concerts. While with AZ we had the full array of possible view-modes, Aura has this reduced to only 4 (?) viewmodes, all of them using square art - which don't work with classical box covers of concert blurays or dvds. Would it be possible to add all the other viewmodes to the music videos category as well?

Thanks & big cheers for your awesome skins! Totally looking forward to AZ2 as well!
(2019-02-22, 08:26)Turnspit Wrote: [ -> ]Decided to finally upgrade to Leia and went straight for this skin, being a long-time user of AZ on 17.x. I love the way you build your skins, especially the extremely customizable homescreen is awesome!

Two things regarding Aura though:

1) There's one addon dependencie that when running takes a huge performance hit and lets the whole skin become laggy - I still don't know which addon exactly is the reason for that performance hit, since time ran out on me while testing yesterday, but I've narrowed it down to 3-4 addons. While come back to this soon!

2) I'm using the music videos category to organize my concerts. While with AZ we had the full array of possible view-modes, Aura has this reduced to only 4 (?) viewmodes, all of them using square art - which don't work with classical box covers of concert blurays or dvds. Would it be possible to add all the other viewmodes to the music videos category as well?

Thanks & big cheers for your awesome skins! Totally looking forward to AZ2 as well!
Music concerts are not music videos.

Concerts should be added as films and then use library nodes to separate them from your other films
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts
(2019-02-22, 08:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-22, 08:26)Turnspit Wrote: [ -> ] 
Music concerts are not music videos.

Concerts should be added as films and then use library nodes to separate them from your other films
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts 
 Wow, thanks for the quick reply! :-)

Just gave the page a quick read... That's a tad more complicated than what I've done (just imported my concerts as music videos with local .nfo-files, art, ...), but I'll give it a try!

And I guess Aura will be capable to link such a node to a homescreen item, right? :-)