Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Hardax, @jurialmunkey

many thanks for your suggestions and help

ive gone with the option suggested by jurialmunkey and it works great just as i hoped and simple to do
great stuff Smile
Silly question: when does this skin become a official skin and is also found on the official repository?
(2018-07-24, 09:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

So I've been playing around with something @PeterClews suggested and I'm wondering what everyone thinks about it.

Basically, I'm replacing missing artist/album artwork with a semi-randomised generic image. I think it works really well and I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Also, do people prefer with or without text overlayed on top? Because it is only a set of 10 images, I am thinking that perhaps the text is necessary to differentiate between multiple artists/albums using the same generic image. What do people think?

(BTW - It's not added yet. Waiting to hear people's thoughts and tighten up a few things before pushing to repo).

ImageImage
With the names already below the image, I like the one without the names on the image.  But, if there is a mode in which the names are not below the image, I would prefer the one with the names on top of the image.

I would also like to see something like this for banners on movies, and especially tv shows.  In this case, both with names.
(2018-07-27, 15:43)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Silly question: when does this skin become a official skin and is also found on the official repository?

There's still a few things I need to implement in the Leia version - namely support for retroplayer games. I want to submit the Leia and Krypton versions at the same time, so I'm waiting until I have all the Leia features finished.
I miss the option animating backrounds. Arctic Zephyr has this function. And it looks great. Brings the tv alive.
Found a small bug with the “pause video when opening extended info”, invoked from the OSD. It does indeed pause while extended info is loading, but playback starts back up once extended info is up on the screen.

I can’t imagine this is the intended behavior? Shouldn’t it stay paused while your browsing the info then start playing again once you exit?
@jurialmunkey 

My Kodi system is set to Day/month/Year. Is there a way to change the date format to D/M/Y for tv shows airing dates?

Thanks
(2018-07-07, 14:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07, 04:12)mwake Wrote: [ -> ]My new favorite skin... The only issue I noticed was when but adding more than 2 or more PVR channel groups as a live tv widgets I notice errors. Instead of intended channel group as a widget, I get the previous or proceeding channel group displaying as that instead.

Example:. I display USA channel group as widget.

Instead of USA channels group it shows the UK channel group with the UK channel icons and labels.

Not a skin issue. It is an issue with whatever addon you are using to display channel groups (which I am assuming you are using Skin Helper widgets).

Yes I'm using SHW, unfortunate it's the only way I can show recently viewed channels, unless someone knows of another way?
(2018-07-20, 11:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-16, 02:01)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Could we get a little more info for the live tv area? Specifically the default “watched channels square view” in Embruary skin lists the channel logo and below it the show name and starting and ending time below. See attached. I find that very useful at a glance info.

Thanks as always!

I will have a look at what I can do once I get through a few of the other outstanding items on my skinning todo list.
I know you have already said you will add this to your to-do list but I just wanted to also say I'm looking forward to seeing program show information in the live tv widget.

Also I world love to see ratings available in the tv show list views for library.

When I use artic zephyr I can change the view and sort by external rating (IMDb I think but not sure). I have hundreds of unwatched tv shows so to have a way of viewing the tv ratings and sorting by ratings is very handy in list type views.

Anyways thanks again for great skin!
(2018-07-30, 23:08)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Found a small bug with the “pause video when opening extended info”, invoked from the OSD. It does indeed pause while extended info is loading, but playback starts back up once extended info is up on the screen.

I can’t imagine this is the intended behavior? Shouldn’t it stay paused while your browsing the info then start playing again once you exit?

Is this on Krypton or Leia? It is working properly for me on Krypton. Note that if you press a remote direction or move the mouse etc before the busy loader comes up, then the movie will unpause.
(2018-07-31, 04:56)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

My Kodi system is set to Day/month/Year. Is there a way to change the date format to D/M/Y for tv shows airing dates?

Thanks

Not much I can do about it in the skin. I just use the string that the NextAired add-on passes through.
(2018-07-31, 07:27)mwake Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I'm using SHW, unfortunate it's the only way I can show recently viewed channels, unless someone knows of another way?

Why not use "Default Widgets > PVR > Last Played Channels"? All widgets under Default Widgets use native Kodi library paths and don't rely on add-ons.
(2018-07-31, 07:40)mwake Wrote: [ -> ]When I use artic zephyr I can change the view and sort by external rating (IMDb I think but not sure). I have hundreds of unwatched tv shows so to have a way of viewing the tv ratings and sorting by ratings is very handy in list type views.

Skins don't control what sorting methods are available - Kodi core handles that. You can't sort tvshows by rating in A:Z either (only by "My Rating"). I'm not sure why sorting by rating is not available for tvshows - it might be an oversight.
Hi,

Love the work on my idea ... "set of 10 images" .... Could they also Coloured Patterned Images too ? I assume the 10 can be replaced with what ever images manually ?

Just fills out the UI so much where info is missing ....
(2018-07-31, 10:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-30, 23:08)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Found a small bug with the “pause video when opening extended info”, invoked from the OSD. It does indeed pause while extended info is loading, but playback starts back up once extended info is up on the screen.

Is this on Krypton or Leia? It is working properly for me on Krypton. Note that if you press a remote direction or move the mouse etc before the busy loader comes up, then the movie will unpause. 
This is on Krypton. All I'm doing is bringing up the OSD and selecting the "i" inside the bubble. Video pauses as extended info loads then once its loaded video starts playing in the background. Ive not touched the remote during this procedure. I can try and get you some logs tonight if that would help?