Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-04, 02:35)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-03, 19:22)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a question better suited for another forum, but I am not sure if Aura's menus are different than other skins, so I thought I would ask here.

I have added a new menu item called IPTV, and would like to just list specific video addons under that menu item.

If I go to Skin Settings > Home > Customize home menu I have the standard options: Choose item for menu, action, label, etc.

If I go to Widgets and select the specific widget, it will appear under the Widget menu, but if I back out and let the menu reload, I just see my IPTV label and nothing else.  I'm certain I need to provide information for at least some of the other options under Customize home menu, but not sure what I should choose if I just want the list of specific addons I've placed there and the ability to launch them by selecting.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Through some tinkering I've been able to get a new menu item created with an entry called Categories that allows me to choose a single Video addon to display as a smallish card.  What I was hoping for is kind of what appears under the Add-Ons menu item but without the Categories up top and no label listed like it does for Video add-ons but just a list with those poster style icons with the label below the icon.  Is that possible without editing the XML files.  I haven't been able to figure it out so far.
You can create a custom parent node with library node editor and then add individual nodes for each addon. Then link the parent node as a widget in home customisation.

See this post in AZ2 thread for more details
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2836563
(2019-05-04, 04:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 02:35)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-03, 19:22)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a question better suited for another forum, but I am not sure if Aura's menus are different than other skins, so I thought I would ask here.

I have added a new menu item called IPTV, and would like to just list specific video addons under that menu item.

If I go to Skin Settings > Home > Customize home menu I have the standard options: Choose item for menu, action, label, etc.

If I go to Widgets and select the specific widget, it will appear under the Widget menu, but if I back out and let the menu reload, I just see my IPTV label and nothing else.  I'm certain I need to provide information for at least some of the other options under Customize home menu, but not sure what I should choose if I just want the list of specific addons I've placed there and the ability to launch them by selecting.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Through some tinkering I've been able to get a new menu item created with an entry called Categories that allows me to choose a single Video addon to display as a smallish card.  What I was hoping for is kind of what appears under the Add-Ons menu item but without the Categories up top and no label listed like it does for Video add-ons but just a list with those poster style icons with the label below the icon.  Is that possible without editing the XML files.  I haven't been able to figure it out so far. 
You can create a custom parent node with library node editor and then add individual nodes for each addon. Then link the parent node as a widget in home customisation.

Thanks for the reply @jurialmunkey.  I am trying to follow the direction in the thread you linked, but to be honest, I'm a bit lost.  I am happy to look at more basic documentation if there is some available.  This type of customization is completely new to me.

What I have done so far is set up Library Node Editor, and created a new Parent Node, and then selected the Parent Node and created a New Node.  I named the Parent Node IPTV Addons, and the game the addon name to the Node I created under that.  That is where I get a bit lost.  If I then select the node I just named I have two options Add Content and Add Path.  If I choose Content I only have options of Movies, TV shows, Episodes, and Music Videos.  This addon is none of those things.  i choose path I do have an option to choose Video add-ons, but selecting that simply gives me a addons://sources - video Path with options to Add component and Manually edit below that.  I am not sure where and how I can select my addon here.
(2019-05-04, 08:10)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 04:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 02:35)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]Through some tinkering I've been able to get a new menu item created with an entry called Categories that allows me to choose a single Video addon to display as a smallish card.  What I was hoping for is kind of what appears under the Add-Ons menu item but without the Categories up top and no label listed like it does for Video add-ons but just a list with those poster style icons with the label below the icon.  Is that possible without editing the XML files.  I haven't been able to figure it out so far. 

Thanks for the reply @jurialmunkey.  I am trying to follow the direction in the thread you linked, but to be honest, I'm a bit lost.  I am happy to look at more basic documentation if there is some available.  This type of customization is completely new to me.

What I have done so far is set up Library Node Editor, and created a new Parent Node, and then selected the Parent Node and created a New Node.  I named the Parent Node IPTV Addons, and the game the addon name to the Node I created under that.  That is where I get a bit lost.  If I then select the node I just named I have two options Add Content and Add Path.  If I choose Content I only have options of Movies, TV shows, Episodes, and Music Videos.  This addon is none of those things.  i choose path I do have an option to choose Video add-ons, but selecting that simply gives me a addons://sources - video Path with options to Add component and Manually edit below that.  I am not sure where and how I can select my addon here.

You were almost there! Wink

1. Create a parent node
2. Inside the parent node, create a new node and name it the add-on
3. Inside the node, choose "* Add Path"
4. At the bottom of the dialog, choose "Plugin..."
5. Locate your add-on and select it.
6. Choose "link path to here".

You will need to manually add an icon for the node/addon. So hit back and the use the context menu on the node. Choose "Browse for icon" (you will need to download an icon and put it someone accessible so that you can select it).
(2019-05-04, 09:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 08:10)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 04:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You can create a custom parent node with library node editor and then add individual nodes for each addon. Then link the parent node as a widget in home customisation.

1. Create a parent node

You will need to manually add an icon for the node/addon. So hit back and the use the context menu on the node. Choose "Browse for icon" (you will need to download an icon and put it someone accessible so that you can select it). 
@jurialmunkey 

Here is what I'm doing:

1. Launch  Library Node Editor
2. Given two choices (Video Library or Music Library) Choose Video Library
3. Scroll down to near the bottom and select "*New parent node..."
4. Give it the name IPTV Addons
5. Next screen has a heading of "Start with defaults" and there are four choices (None, Movies, TV shows and Music videos) I choose None since it is the only one that fits.
6. Scroll up to the newly created Parent Node IPTV Addons and select it
7. There is a list of three items on the next page (*Add rule..., *New node..., and *New parent node...) I choose *New node... and then name the new node.
8. Scroll up to the newly created node and select it.
9. The next screen has (*Add content... and *Add path...) I choose *Add path...
10. I scroll down and select plugin but do not see my Addon.  I am only seeing (PlexKodiConnect, ExtendedInfo Script, Skin Helper Service Widgets and Special Features)
11. If I do choose Skin Helper Service Widgets, there is an option to choose Favourites at the bottom.  I am not sure I need to add to Favourites though.
12. if I choose Favourites there are three options on the next screen (Link path to here, Favourites, and Favourites Media). I choose Favourites 
13. My addon is listed on the next page because I had manually added it to my Favourites yesterday.
14. I select my Addon and the choose Link Path to here on the next page.
15. The next screen has the long including the Script Helper Service listed as part of the path.
16. I then back up a step, bring on the context menu and then change the icon.

I figure this should work, but I think I am doing something wrong with the home menu.  I do the following.

1. Go to Settings > Skin Settings > Home > Customize Home Menu
2. Select my previously created menu item called IPTV

To be honest here is where I get lost.  I'm assuming I will need to modify "Choose Item For Menu", "Submenu / Categories Widget" and "Widgets".  I've tried every combination I am think of and the closest I've gotten is that I can get a small icon for the addon to appear under a categories widget and it will launch, but I can do that without using the Library Node Editor.  It just doesn't look right.  I would love to get it to look like yours does in the previously link you shared.
(2019-05-04, 17:14)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 09:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 08:10)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply @jurialmunkey.  I am trying to follow the direction in the thread you linked, but to be honest, I'm a bit lost.  I am happy to look at more basic documentation if there is some available.  This type of customization is completely new to me.

1. Create a parent node

@jurialmunkey 

Here is what I'm doing:

5. Next screen has a heading of "Start with defaults" and there are four choices (None, Movies, TV shows and Music videos) I choose None since it is the only one that fits.
7. There is a list of three items on the next page (*Add rule..., *New node..., and *New parent node...) I choose *New node... and then name the new node.
10. I scroll down and select plugin but do not see my Addon.  I am only seeing (PlexKodiConnect, ExtendedInfo Script, Skin Helper Service Widgets and Special Features)
11. If I do choose Skin Helper Service Widgets, there is an option to choose Favourites at the bottom.  I am not sure I need to add to Favourites though.
12. if I choose Favourites there are three options on the next screen (Link path to here, Favourites, and Favourites Media). I choose Favourites 
13. My addon is listed on the next page because I had manually added it to my Favourites yesterday.
15. The next screen has the long including the Script Helper Service listed as part of the path.

I figure this should work, but I think I am doing something wrong with the home menu.  I do the following.

To be honest here is where I get lost.  I'm assuming I will need to modify "Choose Item For Menu", "Submenu / Categories Widget" and "Widgets".  I've tried every combination I am think of and the closest I've gotten is that I can get a small icon for the addon to appear under a categories widget and it will launch, but I can do that without using the Library Node Editor.  It just doesn't look right.  I would love to get it to look like yours does in the previously link you shared.

Once again, you were almost there!

You just need to add the parent node that you created as a widget to the main menu item.
1. Open the home customisation screen.
2. On the left, focus the menu item which you want the widget to appear under.
3. On the right, click "Widgets"
4. Under "Edit Widgets" click the spanner icon to choose a new widget.
5. Navigate to "Video Library > IPTV Addons > Use as Widget"
6. Close the customisation dialog and return home and your widget should be under the item.

Now any add-ons (or any node) that you add to that parent node will show up in the widget that you created.
(2019-05-05, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 17:14)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 09:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You were almost there! Wink

1. Create a parent node

@jurialmunkey 

Here is what I'm doing:

You just need to add the parent node that you created as a widget to the main menu item.
6. Close the customisation dialog and return home and your widget should be under the item.

Now any add-ons (or any node) that you add to that parent node will show up in the widget that you created. 
@jurialmunkey I am close.  These recent steps do get the item to show up perfectly under the menu item, but when I select it, it gives me a file list.  I wonder if I should be making a different choice when I'm setting up the sub-node.  You mention I should choose Plugin and then choose my AddOn, but when I select Plugin I only get PlexKodiConnect, ExtendedInfo Script, Skin Helper Service Widgets and Special Features.  My actual AddOn appears under Video Addons which don't appear under Plugins.
(2019-05-05, 00:44)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 17:14)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

Here is what I'm doing:

@jurialmunkey I am close.  These recent steps do get the item to show up perfectly under the menu item, but when I select it, it gives me a file list.  I wonder if I should be making a different choice when I'm setting up the sub-node.  You mention I should choose Plugin and then choose my AddOn, but when I select Plugin I only get PlexKodiConnect, ExtendedInfo Script, Skin Helper Service Widgets and Special Features.  My actual AddOn appears under Video Addons which don't appear under Plugins. 
I just tried to manually edit the path as the addon presents itself as a script, and when I use that path it does the same thing.  I select it from the menu and I get a list that is like this:

Movies

TV

IPTV Addons

Movies

TV Shows

Files

Playlists

Video add-ons

If I select the IPTV Addons, it shows me the sub-node I created including the icon, but it doesn't do anything when selected.  Also I want it to launch the addon from the Main Menu anyway. Smile
(2019-05-05, 00:59)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]If I select the IPTV Addons, it shows me the sub-node I created including the icon, but it doesn't do anything when selected.  Also I want it to launch the addon from the Main Menu anyway. Smile

Oh, that's not what you said you were trying to achieve originally. You implied that you wanted a menu item similar to the Add-ons menu, but that only showed specific add-ons as the widget.

Why not just add the add-on as a main menu item? Why can't you add it? What is the actual add-on name? Also, I'm guessing that this is a script and not a plugin.
(2019-05-05, 03:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 00:59)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]If I select the IPTV Addons, it shows me the sub-node I created including the icon, but it doesn't do anything when selected.  Also I want it to launch the addon from the Main Menu anyway. Smile

Oh, that's not what you said you were trying to achieve originally. You implied that you wanted a menu item similar to the Add-ons menu, but that only showed specific add-ons as the widget.

Why not just add the add-on as a main menu item? Why can't you add it? What is the actual add-on name? Also, I'm guessing that this is a script and not a plugin. 

I apologize if I was unclear.  I wasn't trying to be vague.  What I am trying to accomplish is to have a nice clean menu item that shows specific addons, and not all of them.  Right now my menu has Movies, TV Shows, IPTV Addons, Add-ons, Settings and Power.  The Add-ons menu has the Addon I want, but it also has several others that I don't want to see such as Skin Helper Service Widgets, ExtendedInfo Script, etc.

When I look at the Info for each of the items under Video add-ons, the one I am trying to add is definitely listed as a script while everything else is listed as a plugin.  I can set the Addon for "Choose Item For Menu", but then it just launches that Addon when I select IPTV Addons.  I would like to have it appear like yours does in your AZ2 menu where if I select the IPTV Addons menu it lists it below as the icon and when selected launches the Addon.  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Thanks again for your help in answering these questions.
(2019-05-05, 04:08)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 03:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

I apologize if I was unclear.  I wasn't trying to be vague.  What I am trying to accomplish is to have a nice clean menu item that shows specific addons, and not all of them.  Right now my menu has Movies, TV Shows, IPTV Addons, Add-ons, Settings and Power.  The Add-ons menu has the Addon I want, but it also has several others that I don't want to see such as Skin Helper Service Widgets, ExtendedInfo Script, etc.

When I look at the Info for each of the items under Video add-ons, the one I am trying to add is definitely listed as a script while everything else is listed as a plugin.  I can set the Addon for "Choose Item For Menu", but then it just launches that Addon when I select IPTV Addons.  I would like to have it appear like yours does in your AZ2 menu where if I select the IPTV Addons menu it lists it below as the icon and when selected launches the Addon.  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Thanks again for your help in answering these questions.

Okay, yes it is the correct way to go about it. You want menu item that has a widget with specific add-ons in it.
Using a parent node as we have so far is the correct way to do this - it is just a matter of figuring out how to add a script (I've only ever added plugins before).
I'm going to try a few things with video-addon scripts and I'll report back soon.
(2019-05-05, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 04:08)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 03:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, that's not what you said you were trying to achieve originally. You implied that you wanted a menu item similar to the Add-ons menu, but that only showed specific add-ons as the widget.

Okay, yes it is the correct way to go about it. You want menu item that has a widget with specific add-ons in it.
Using a parent node as we have so far is the correct way to do this - it is just a matter of figuring out how to add a script (I've only ever added plugins before).
I'm going to try a few things with video-addon scripts and I'll report back soon. 
That sounds great.  Thanks for much for looking into this!
(2019-05-05, 04:46)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 04:08)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if I was unclear.  I wasn't trying to be vague.  What I am trying to accomplish is to have a nice clean menu item that shows specific addons, and not all of them.  Right now my menu has Movies, TV Shows, IPTV Addons, Add-ons, Settings and Power.  The Add-ons menu has the Addon I want, but it also has several others that I don't want to see such as Skin Helper Service Widgets, ExtendedInfo Script, etc.

Are you sure that the skin helper widgets method doesn't work?
It worked for me for every single video add-on script that I tried.

Can you try the following:
1. Create home menu items for "Videos" and "Favourites" (if you don't already have them).
2. The actions for these should be ActivateWindow(Videos) and ActivateWindow(Favourites)
3. Open favourites and use the context menu to remove the IPTV item.
4. Go to Videos > Video Add-ons and use the context menu to re-add the IPTV to favourites
5. Use library node editor to create a parent node and add a node inside.
6. Use add path > plugin > skin helper widgets > favourites > IPTV
7. Add the new parent node as a widget.

If it still doesn't work, a few things to test:
Test if it opens in the following locations:
Videos > Videos Add-ons > IPTV add-on (I assume it works here, but always worth testing just in case!)
Favourites > IPTV add-on
Videos > Video Add-ons > Skin Helper Widgets > Favourites > IPTV add-on
Videos > Your Parent Node > IPTV add-on

Let me know how you go. If this doesn't work, I'm pretty stumped as it worked for every video add-on script that I tried.
(2019-05-05, 05:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 04:46)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, yes it is the correct way to go about it. You want menu item that has a widget with specific add-ons in it.

1. Create home menu items for "Videos" and "Favourites" (if you don't already have them).
2. The actions for these should be ActivateWindow(Videos) and ActivateWindow(Favourites)
4. Go to Videos > Video Add-ons and use the context menu to re-add the IPTV to favourites

Videos > Videos Add-ons > IPTV add-on (I assume it works here, but always worth testing just in case!)
Favourites > IPTV add-on

Let me know how you go. If this doesn't work, I'm pretty stumped as it worked for every video add-on script that I tried. 
Stuck on step #2.  I create the two entries, Videos and Favourites, but when I select Videos and then select "Choose Item For Menu", there is no option for Videos, just Video Addons, and for Favourites, the only option I have is to select my Addon that I favourited previously.
(2019-05-05, 05:59)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 05:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 04:46)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds great.  Thanks for much for looking into this! 

Favourites > IPTV add-on

Stuck on step #2.  I create the two entries, Videos and Favourites, but when I select Videos and then select "Choose Item For Menu", there is no option for Videos, just Video Addons, and for Favourites, the only option I have is to select my Addon that I favourited previously.

Click "Action" and scroll down to the bottom to choose "Custom Item" and manually enter the path.
The only reason to create these is to be able to open favourites and remove the item, and then go into video addons through the library and add it back to favourites.
(2019-05-05, 06:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 05:59)poondoggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 05:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that the skin helper widgets method doesn't work?

Favourites > IPTV add-on

Click "Action" and scroll down to the bottom to choose "Custom Item" and manually enter the path.
The only reason to create these is to be able to open favourites and remove the item, and then go into video addons through the library and add it back to favourites. 
Ok I got through step #4 with no issue.  Here is what I did next step by step.  I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, so I want to document it as I do it.

1. Launch Library Node Editor
2. Choose Video Library from the next screen
3. Select New parent node from near the bottom of the list
4. Call it IPTV
5. Select None from the next page where the heading is "Start with defaults"
6. Scroll up and select IPTV
7. Select "New node" on next page
8. Name the node SS.
9. Scroll up and select SS.
10. Choose Add path on the next screen
11. Select "Plugin" from the next screen
12. Select "Skin Helper Service Widgets" from the next screen
13. Choose "Favourites from the next screen
14. Choose "Favourites" again from the next screen.  The other options are Link path to here and "Favourite Media"
15. On next screen I can choose Link path to here and "SS" (The addon favourite I created.  I believe I choose "Link path to here".

Looks like that 15 was the wrong way to go.  When I chose that option, and then tried selecting it from the menu item I created, I got the progress wheel, but then it just showed and mostly blank page with some items.

I went back to the node editor, drilled down to the SS addon itself and the chose Link path to here.  It now loads the addon, but only after it brings up the Videos list.  It shows:

Movies
TV 
IPTV
Movies 
TV Shows
Files Playlists
Video add-ons for 2-3 seconds and then it launches.  I'm assuming that is what happens for you as well?

I wish it would just launch straight away, or without showing that screen first, but I suspect that is by design.

Thanks again for your help!