Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-08-26, 13:06)GGeudens Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option to set the main manu to vertical or vertical + icon like in Arctic Zephyr 2?

No
Hi,

Great skin, really slick, and quick.

A couple of quick questions.

1. From the default movie information page, how do I get the Similar Movies, More From.. etc at the bottom to open the normal infodialog, not the extended info one? It's quite a few seconds delay waiting for the exteneded one and there is nothing onscreen to show a wait, and you can't play from that.

I've disabled the 'Open InfoDialog by default' setting in script.extendedinfo, but that didn't seem to do anything.

2. Also, any chance of a 3 row Poster Wall view like Titan Mod's Panel, and / or an info poster view like Titan mod's Panel Details, poster wall with info??

Cheers, much appreciated.

Thanks.
NZ
Does the alphabet strip only work with certain categories of content? My library is split between stuff for the kids and stuff for the adults so most of my menu items lead to custom smart playlists that filter on the Tags field. When I navigate to bring up the alphabet strip it always says "Alphabet strip not available for this content." 

Using latest Aura on Kodi 18.3
I'm having a problem with the setting widget. It shows all of the boxes for Interface, Skin Settings, System Info, etc....but I used to be able to move the cursor to each box and click it to open that specific setting, and now I cannot. 

I had this problem once before and I fixed it, but I can't recall how. 

Can you assist?
(2019-04-18, 18:32)roliverosc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey, I created the strings for spanish language. You have one pull request on Github to upgrate the strings of skin.

PD: I would also like to translate the text lines of the menu options in the seekbar but those are not in the strings.po file.

Hello and thank you for this wonderful skin! The customization options are epic. I'm only having one issue that I hope I can get some help with. I've followed all the instructions to get Rotten Tomatoes/Meta Critic information but I can't get the skin to display any other ratings than IMDB. I installed repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1, obtained an OMDB API as required, entered the API key into script.module.metadatautils, deleted simplecache.db, restarted Kodi, saw the simplecache.db rebuild itself within Explorer (Windows) but still no ratings show up aside form IMDB. I tried repeating the process a couple of times and Rotten Tomatoes/ Meta Critic are enabled in the library settings menu but I can't seem to solve the problem. Is the Horizon genre pack required to make this work because the zip file for that feature fails to install when attempt to install it. but I thought that might be a separate issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for this stunning skin.
(2019-09-09, 19:07)hoppingcrow Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and thank you for this wonderful skin! The customization options are epic. I'm only having one issue that I hope I can get some help with. I've followed all the instructions to get Rotten Tomatoes/Meta Critic information but I can't get the skin to display any other ratings than IMDB. I installed repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1, obtained an OMDB API as required, entered the API key into script.module.metadatautils, deleted simplecache.db, restarted Kodi, saw the simplecache.db rebuild itself within Explorer (Windows) but still no ratings show up aside form IMDB. I tried repeating the process a couple of times and Rotten Tomatoes/ Meta Critic are enabled in the library settings menu but I can't seem to solve the problem. Is the Horizon genre pack required to make this work because the zip file for that feature fails to install when attempt to install it. but I thought that might be a separate issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for this stunning skin.
Yes, I confirm that Rotten Tomatoes+ALL other ratings information/icons are not working any longer, apart from IMDB. Tried the skin under Leia 18.4 in both Android TV (Oreo) and Windows 10. Must be the Kodi 18.4 update or the skin. I'm not even sure that the tutorial with the beta repo is still relevant, since there are already identical options in the universal metadata scrapper. I also see that the dependencies installed by default have higher numbers than the beta repo.
Regardless I've followed all tutorials (with default and marcelveldt repos), entered all API keys in BOTH universal metadata scrapper under "change content" in video library and/or script.module.metadatautils. Refreshed multiple times all content and waited. Deleted simplecache.db.
All ratings' options are checked in Skin settings. No icon or ratings are ever displayed apart that from IMDB in any viewmode. It just does not work.
Most I've managed to do is to retrieve the right RT rating, which is erroneously shown with the IMDB icon on its own. This at least shows that the API key works.
Never managed to show 2 or more ratings icons and ratings together (for example IMDB+RT+Oscars etc), as shown in some screenshots. Only IMDB rating and icon.
Please provide some help, because otherwise the skin is simply terrific.
(2019-09-10, 14:03)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-09, 19:07)hoppingcrow Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and thank you for this wonderful skin! The customization options are epic. I'm only having one issue that I hope I can get some help with. I've followed all the instructions to get Rotten Tomatoes/Meta Critic information but I can't get the skin to display any other ratings than IMDB. I installed repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1, obtained an OMDB API as required, entered the API key into script.module.metadatautils, deleted simplecache.db, restarted Kodi, saw the simplecache.db rebuild itself within Explorer (Windows) but still no ratings show up aside form IMDB. I tried repeating the process a couple of times and Rotten Tomatoes/ Meta Critic are enabled in the library settings menu but I can't seem to solve the problem. Is the Horizon genre pack required to make this work because the zip file for that feature fails to install when attempt to install it. but I thought that might be a separate issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for this stunning skin.
Yes, I confirm that Rotten Tomatoes+ALL other ratings information/icons are not working any longer, apart from IMDB. Tried the skin under Leia 18.4 in both Android TV (Oreo) and Windows 10. Must be the Kodi 18.4 update or the skin. I'm not even sure that the tutorial with the beta repo is still relevant, since there are already identical options in the universal metadata scrapper. I also see that the dependencies installed by default have higher numbers than the beta repo.
Regardless I've followed all tutorials (with default and marcelveldt repos), entered all API keys in BOTH universal metadata scrapper under "change content" in video library and/or script.module.metadatautils. Refreshed multiple times all content and waited. Deleted simplecache.db.
All ratings' options are checked in Skin settings. No icon or ratings are ever displayed apart that from IMDB in any viewmode. It just does not work.
Most I've managed to do is to retrieve the right RT rating, which is erroneously shown with the IMDB icon on its own. This at least shows that the API key works.
Never managed to show 2 or more ratings icons and ratings together (for example IMDB+RT+Oscars etc), as shown in some screenshots. Only IMDB rating and icon.

Works perfectly fine for me:

Make sure you also have TMDb and a Fanart.tv api keys - otherwise SkinHelper is heavily rate limited.

Also marcelveldt's repo location changed:
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
I really like Aura - very happy with it.   I like almost all of it and don't want to switch skin really, but I am curious.

Is there a way to make the front page (well, my front page - top left menu item) to have 'scrolling' movies?  Like my top 25 most recent releases, it SLOWLY scrolls though them?
Just to articulate my post a little more.

I'd like to animate my WIDGETS, so if there's 25 items in a widget and I can only fit 3 on screen, it slowly scrolls through the 25 - even if it's only 15fps.
Possible?
(2019-09-11, 01:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-10, 14:03)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]

Make sure you also have TMDb and a Fanart.tv api keys - otherwise SkinHelper is heavily rate limited.

Are you on Leia 18.4? Windows or Android? I'm basically trying with RT ratings, so not having the other API keys should not matter.
Finally, do you also enter the keys in the settings of the universal movie scrapper, using'change content'in the library, or just use the skin helper?
(2019-09-11, 09:09)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-11, 01:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-10, 14:03)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I confirm that Rotten Tomatoes+ALL other ratings information/icons are not working any longer, apart from IMDB. Tried the skin under Leia 18.4 in both Android TV (Oreo) and Windows 10. Must be the Kodi 18.4 update or the skin. I'm not even sure that the tutorial with the beta repo is still relevant, since there are already identical options in the universal metadata scrapper. I also see that the dependencies installed by default have higher numbers than the beta repo.

Are you on Leia 18.4? Windows or Android? I'm basically trying with RT ratings, so not having the other API keys should not matter.
Finally, do you also enter the keys in the settings of the universal movie scrapper, using'change content'in the library, or just use the skin helper?
I use both Windows and Libreelec, and I've tested all versions of Leia and latest Matrix.

You only need skin helper (input api keys into metadatautils). Scrapers are irrelevant because additional scraped ratings can only be accessed inside info dialogs - hence why skin helper is necessary to see additional ratings in the library views in the first place.

I am telling you that the additional api keys DO matter. You need all api keys - skin helper will apply heavy rate limiting if you are missing the TMDb or OMDb key regardless of what you are using it for.
(2019-09-11, 15:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-11, 09:09)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-11, 01:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Works perfectly fine for me:

I use both Windows and Libreelec, and I've tested all versions of Leia and latest Matrix.

You only need skin helper (input api keys into metadatautils). Scrapers are irrelevant because additional scraped ratings can only be accessed inside info dialogs - hence why skin helper is necessary to see additional ratings in the library views in the first place.

I am telling you that the additional api keys DO matter. You need all api keys - skin helper will apply heavy rate limiting if you are missing the TMDb or OMDb key regardless of what you are using it for.

I've entered both OMDB and TMDB keys in the skin helper. I'm not interested in fanart. I refresh a movie and again only IMDB rating and icon. If it matters, the video library gets the movies from Samba folder. It's just does not want to work. Could you please tell me which version of the beta repo skin helper do you install? It says 1.1.24 and the default is 1.1.30 if I remember correctly. Should I also update all other dependencies from the same beta repo?
I can't understand why the skin does not just use the options of the scraper, at least in the info of the movie.
In Arctic Zephyr 2 I use the 'next episodes' widget from the skin helper service widgets add-on and in that skin it displays the clear logo on the landscape thumbnail.
Is it possible to also make that happen in Aura?
(2019-09-11, 16:07)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]I've entered both OMDB and TMDB keys in the skin helper. I'm not interested in fanart. I refresh a movie and again only IMDB rating and icon. If it matters, the video library gets the movies from Samba folder. It's just does not want to work. Could you please tell me which version of the beta repo skin helper do you install? It says 1.1.24 and the default is 1.1.30 if I remember correctly. Should I also update all other dependencies from the same beta repo?

Yes, you need to update all dependencies to their highest version. Clearly you need to update the dependencies from the beta repo, otherwise it wouldn't be a step in the instructions! In particular, you need to be using the latest versions of metadatautils and simplecache, as these are core dependencies of skinhelper which actually provide the ratings (metadatautils) and cache them (simplecache).

SkinHelper in kodi repo is only 1.1.3 - the beta version is a much higher version at 1.1.24 (there is no 1.1.30 version - the highest version is the beta 1.1.24).
Simplecache should be 1.1.17
Metadatautils should be 1.0.19

(2019-09-11, 16:07)tryfos79 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't understand why the skin does not just use the options of the scraper, at least in the info of the movie.

I've already covered this point multiple times before:
1. You can't get scraped ratings outside the info dialog.
2. It is confusing if the skin switches between using online ratings from skin helper and scraped ratings when switching from library views to info dialog as the ratings often change between when they were scraped and the present.
3. Using code which falls-back to scraped ratings only if no online ratings are available causes the skin to crash
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2708645