Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You star did read you saying that further back but assumes it was done with the search from the top nav looking skinned.

Saves me a job then Smile

Did you get my point about music controls, so on FULLSCREEN pressing OK/ENTER brings up the nav with the controls selected (Skipping/stepping with right/left wont work then) where as when you start a track it loads the Nav with the info (Same as pressing "I") is there anyway I can switch OK/ENTER to bring up INFO Screen or is that a Keyboards.xml setup thing ? just checked and on Fuse its is the same but get the progress bar at the bottom so you can see how far you have skipped. any thoughts ??
Sir I was thinking perhaps you could add an option in the settings to hide/show the movie indicator symbols (watched/unwatched/etc)

Thank you very much for the ratings settings.
@Silki - Search from top bar is Kodi's inbuilt search function (not globalsearch).
Changing what a button does is a Keyboards.xml thing.
Regardless, you should be able to see the progress bar when the osd controls are up:

@VikkiXavier - Added. Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Watched indicators
The plot overlay with weather/clock showing looks good, thanks!

Here's one more for your consideration, just throwing this out there...

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason the black corners for the watched indicators didn't seem to fit the rest of the skin to me. I tried an 80% white background with dark grey indicators (shown below). Then made all of the indicator png files (green check, blue star, etc) the same color as the others (in progress, library, etc) so they could be styled similarly.

(2018-03-13, 03:24)braz Wrote: [ -> ]The plot overlay with weather/clock showing looks good, thanks!

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason the black corners for the watched indicators didn't seem to fit the rest of the skin to me. I tried an 80% white background with dark grey indicators (shown below). Then made all of the indicator png files (green check, blue star, etc) the same color as the others (in progress, library, etc) so they could be styled similarly.

I'm torn on this one - I've been toying with the idea of monochrome indicators for a while (though without the palette flip you suggest) . I definitely prefer the white indicators for the focused item, so I've made that change. However, for the unfocused items I'm not so sure - I like the look of the light corner, but I'm a bit worried it grabs too much attention. I also like using colour for the watched/new indicators as it gives another form of visual feedback other than shape.
(2018-03-13, 05:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-13, 03:24)braz Wrote: [ -> ]The plot overlay with weather/clock showing looks good, thanks!

I'm torn on this one - I've been toying with the idea of monochrome indicators for a while (though without the palette flip you suggest) . I definitely prefer the white indicators for the focused item, so I've made that change. However, for the unfocused items I'm not so sure - I like the look of the light corner, but I'm a bit worried it grabs too much attention. I also like using colour for the watched/new indicators as it gives another form of visual feedback other than shape.   
Just tried latest git, I can live with that. Agree that the white stands out too much now that you mention it. Great skin, I'm using it on Leia with very few issues...one is that scrollbars don't seem to adjust to the length of the list in the video library. Not sure if this also happens in Krypton.

Thanks again!

Update: Not just video library re: scrollbars, all media windows. I think it is because multiple copies of the scrollbar with the same id get loaded in the View_Posters include, etc.
Hitcher's fTV skin has a feature that allows its users to mirror fanart while selecting the fanart from thumb.

Not a necessity at all. But I was hoping perhaps you could implement this.

Thanks.
(2018-03-13, 07:26)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-13, 05:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Just tried latest git, I can live with that. Agree that the white stands out too much now that you mention it. Great skin, I'm using it on Leia with very few issues...one is that scrollbars don't seem to adjust to the length of the list in the video library. Not sure if this also happens in Krypton.

Thanks again!

Update: Not just video library re: scrollbars, all media windows. I think it is because multiple copies of the scrollbar with the same id get loaded in the View_Posters include, etc.

Doesn't happen in Krypton. On Leia it looks like its not so much that there are multiple scrollbars, but more that each scrollbar needs a visible condition specifically defined for it (i.e. it doesn't inherit the visible condition of the group). I've made a Leia branch on github where I am making changes for Leia, so it should be fixed there.

EDIT: Changed my mind about the indicators also. I think I was just going too white with the corners before and so it was too strong.
After using these HD quality rating site images I found significant improvement even from a distance. If you like them, you could package them Wink

PS: If not the awards, please kindly replace the LQ metacritic and imdb logos with these. If you do not like this award logo, I will make one HD quality logo just like the one that is currently packaged.

Image              Image           Image

Hi,

"Regardless, you should be able to see the progress bar when the osd controls are up:" yes thats right but then skip-steps dont work they just move across to the next control in that OSD nav.
I have tweaked the Keyboards.XML so it now opens INFO on long press.

"Search from top bar is Kodi's inbuilt search function (not globalsearch)."

What search is this inbuilt using then ? can I pass terms to that pop up keyboard then ??
@VikkiXavier - the current ratings icons are the exact pixel size which are used in the skin. Using a higher resolution doesn't improve quality because it still needs to be scaled down by kodi. For instance, in your screenshot I can see a lot of ugly aliasing (jagged edges) due to the scaling. The current icons could use a little bit of a clean-up, but increasing the resolution of them is not the answer. To get better quality requires icons made specifically to be at a very small size (32x32px) -- these are really difficult to find and basically need to be done by hand pixel by pixel.

@Silki - It is a button with id="8" built-in to the library windows. I don't know of a way to call the music library search outside of sending a click to the button - e.g. SendClick(8)
Hello jurial,

I just love this skin! Thank you so much for your amazing work.

Would you consider implementing (for Krypton) the setting you have in Horizon where the "Artwork" button in videoinfo downloads all available artwork instead of asking you which artwork type you want to download? Thank you for considering this.

Regards,

Bart
@jurialmunkey,

Sorry to be a pain, are you any closer to implementing End,continue, next airing date for tv shows.
I really miss this feature Smile
I see aura now supports Artwork Beef. I’m not using it at the moment because it messed up all my fanart a few weeks ago.

Thanks
I understand. Thanks for your kind reply.
@bsoriano - Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin
Check latest git. There should now be an option in Skin Settings > Miscellaneous
I've also added support for Artwork Beef as Artwork Downloader is being depreciated.
Skin will use Artwork Beef by default. However, if you only have Artwork Downloader it will use that instead.

@Blurayx - See the comment above about Artwork Beef. If you don't install AB, the skin will fallback to using Artwork Downloader instead.
Also, End/Continue date should now be added to the info view types (and also in the info dialog).
I'm using Skin Helper exclusively for Ended/Continuing details as NextAired was returning a lot of wrong details when I was testing it.