Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-02, 14:15)Jonatron Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I see when I go to the Power Tab

You need to setup a weather addon or change the widget to something other than weather.
Thanks!

That sorted it out perfectly!

Another issue I have is that if I choose to change my default selection action to show information rather than play, then select play from the information screen the movie will not play and will instead return to the previous screen.

May be an emby issue rather than skin however?
Absolutely epic skin. I'm very picky with these sort of things and have tried many skins over the years but I usually always ended up going back to the default Kodi interface. However this one is something special and I think I will definitely be keeping it!

I did notice a couple of slight errors (this one I managed to fix but explained it here to maybe help other people). When using this skin fresh out the box with Kodi 18.1 I found when editing the widgets I couldn't get any custom ordering set other than ascending/descending, for example having 'In progress TV Shows' have an order from their last played status or such. It turned out that the SkinHelper add-on which got automatically installed with the skin is outdated and doesn't work correctly (you can verify this by going on information for a Film/TV Show and see if you get an error at the top right). To fix it install the latest version instead from the 'repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip' which can be downloaded from the 1st post in this thread. The OP has gave all the steps to do this anyway but I didn't check here beforehand

The only other ongoing issue I have is that the RSS ticker doesn't show anywhere even though I have it enabled and all appears to be correct. I tried editing the RssFeeds.xml file to make it corrupt itself so it would reload the default one but still no luck.. Any pointers to get this going to perfect everything would be great. Below is the contents of the file if it is any help?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<rssfeeds>
  <!--RSS feeds. To have multiple feeds, just add a feed to the set. You can also have multiple sets.-->
  <!--To use different sets in your skin, each must be called from skin with a unique id.-->
  <set id="1">
    <feed updateinterval="30">http://feeds.feedburner.com/xbmc</feed>
  </set>
</rssfeeds>

Thank you so much for the work involved in creating this!
Hi guys, any can pls help me, why dont have metadata in tv shows, in movies all work ok.

I would like to make a request for this great great great skin Smile
The option "Clearart with seekbar" shows the clearart in OSD.
It gets the clearart and fallbacks to clearlogo if clearart is not available.
I am not a fan of clearart and prefer clearlogos.
So I am requesting a "Clearlogo with seekbar" option (prefer clearlogos and fallback to clearart if logos are not available).
I have managed to do it by modifying the Image_Player_Clearart variable in Includes_Images.xml, but I would like to have an option for it because when the skin will be updated from Kodi repo my changes will be reverted.
Thank you so much @jurialmunkey for this great skin.
Hey, love the skin.

Just one question, other skins I have used have ratings in the library list, but this skin has the duration. Searched everywhere for an option but to no avail. I did find an option in the enable/disable viewmodes menu that showed the rating option enabled. Photos included.

Thanks

Maybe you could add a view similar to Netflix like to custom one I made.

I simply used parts of the skin that are already there and some minor custom code for the movies' logos.
(2019-03-03, 03:19)olympus Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to make a request for this great great great skin Smile
So I am requesting a "Clearlogo with seekbar" option (prefer clearlogos and fallback to clearart if logos are not available).
I have managed to do it by modifying the Image_Player_Clearart variable in Includes_Images.xml, but I would like to have an option for it because when the skin will be updated from Kodi repo my changes will be reverted.
Will add an option shortly. Smile
(2019-03-03, 03:40)overlordbubbles Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, love the skin.

Just one question, other skins I have used have ratings in the library list, but this skin has the duration. Searched everywhere for an option but to no avail. I did find an option in the enable/disable viewmodes menu that showed the rating option enabled. Photos included.

Thanks

Check sort method in top menu. The label changes depending on sort method
(2019-03-02, 21:01)Jonatron Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

That sorted it out perfectly!

Another issue I have is that if I choose to change my default selection action to show information rather than play, then select play from the information screen the movie will not play and will instead return to the previous screen.

May be an emby issue rather than skin however?

Works fine for me. Guessing it is an emby issue - a debug log would provide more hints.
Just to update: Sadly I had to go back to the default Kodi interface Sad 

After spending most of yesterday setting up the skin to behave and look how I wanted I completely overlooked the fact that I hadn't tried playing any media with it (I did try playing some music and that all works fantastically)

I think the issue stems from the ExtendedInfo script because when clicking media information while watching something everything grinds to a halt, navigating through the actor info/etc is almost impossible due to long it takes to populate. Annoyingly the main problem however is when returning back to the media and resuming it, for the ongoing duration it starts lagging pretty, pretty bad. I assume because the script is still doing something in the background.. I gave it a good 30 minutes but it never cleared up, by which time Kodi ended up crashing as well. IIRC the last thing I did with the skin was adding the API in the 1st post to get more ratings and adding the genre pack icons, not sure if it was to do with this as hadn't tried playing any media before hand.

Lastly... The OSD media controls could do with some work to make it feel less bland. For example not having the top left Movie/TV logos anymore is quite a big deal for me when you get used to always seeing it there (I think this is provided by Emby but works fine with the default skin). Some guys in the posts above mine have figured out how to implement it already I think! so probably not a huge amount of work needed. Just copying a few more finer details from the default Estuary skin for the OSD media playback would make a HUGE difference to the overall experience. Such as having the clock and the time the media ends at the top right as well.

Hopefully this comes across as positive criticism. I still appreciate the time and work spent on this skin very much. It obviously must be pretty great as I have never stuck with any other skin for more than 5 minutes! I will probably come back to this skin at some point and definitely keep an eye on the thread anyway but for now the default skin just 'works'.

My main setup consists of a Amazon FTV gen 2 & a Synology DS218+ running Emby as the media server on a wired gigabit connection
(2018-02-16, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]The horizon genre icon pack is supported, so I also recommend installing it:
https://github.com/Swageroni/resource.im...ns.horizon

Hi @jurialmunkey, I have french genre names in my kodi (ex : Aventure instead of Adventure), and the problem is the icons are not matched and I get the default icon for every genre.
Do you know a way to work around it?

Edit : I guess I need to extract the XBT file and rename some PNGs? But I don't have windows at home and can't seem to find an XBT tool for mac/android.
Would a kind soul having Windows dropbox me the extracted file? So that I rename the PNGs, send it back, to get the XBT file repacked Smile
Hi,

Great work, almost everything is working flawless.

Is there a way to create a menu point which point to the Internet Archive Game Launcher Addon ?
I haven't figured out how to do it.

And the Netflix Widgets don't work right. When is set the widget everything is fine. But after a reboot, the widgets are gone .
I think on boot the netflix service is not ready. Is there a way to delay the system start and wait for netflix service ?
Is it possible to create a new art type for the banners view. I have a number of custom made banner images I want to use.

Thanks
(2019-03-03, 06:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-03, 03:19)olympus Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to make a request for this great great great skin Smile
Will add an option shortly. Smile  
Thank you @jurialmunkey, you are the best.