Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could we get a little more info for the live tv area? Specifically the default “watched channels square view” in Embruary skin lists the channel logo and below it the show name and starting and ending time below. See attached. I find that very useful at a glance info.

Thanks as always!

Friend of mines car replaces missing artwork with different coloured and patterned album covers per album instead of them all using the same static image.

Is this something you would add ? I know you scroll colours for music playback, would it be possible to do this on the Fall Back album artwork PNG ?
@jurialmunkey how do I get this skin to use the Horizon Genre Icon pack?
(2018-07-16, 02:01)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Could we get a little more info for the live tv area? Specifically the default “watched channels square view” in Embruary skin lists the channel logo and below it the show name and starting and ending time below. See attached. I find that very useful at a glance info.

Thanks as always!

I will have a look at what I can do once I get through a few of the other outstanding items on my skinning todo list.
(2018-07-19, 11:31)PeterClews Wrote: [ -> ]Friend of mines car replaces missing artwork with different coloured and patterned album covers per album instead of them all using the same static image.

Is this something you would add ? I know you scroll colours for music playback, would it be possible to do this on the Fall Back album artwork PNG ?

It's an interesting idea, but there isn't really a way to randomise a fallback image that I can think of.
(2018-07-19, 16:39)supersmilers Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey how do I get this skin to use the Horizon Genre Icon pack?

Just install the genre icon pack and it should use it automatically.
I love this skin so much!

One of the features I'd like to see is that Aeon Nox displays the random fanart's title (show/movie) in the bottom left corner on the screen when you're on the home page. Any way of getting that added?
And maybe a vertical homescreen? My wife hates the boxes and told me to ask about vertical or if we could have that or if we could hide the boxes until we hit down.
(2018-07-20, 20:11)xbishop Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin so much!

One of the features I'd like to see is that Aeon Nox displays the random fanart's title (show/movie) in the bottom left corner on the screen when you're on the home page. Any way of getting that added?
And maybe a vertical homescreen? My wife hates the boxes and told me to ask about vertical or if we could have that or if we could hide the boxes until we hit down.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Not really a fan of how Aeon Nox shows the title like that. Plus, this skin is designed to show multiple widgets, so I think having text on screen like that will be confusing.

Vertical homescreen has been planned for quite a while, it's just a matter of me finding the time to actually finish it.

What do you mean by boxes? Are you talking about the categories widget?
You can disable the categories widget in "Skin Settings > Home > Categories widget".
To access the submenu with categories widget disabled, press up from the top menu.
(2018-07-20, 11:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-19, 16:39)supersmilers Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey how do I get this skin to use the Horizon Genre Icon pack?

It didn't for me. It still uses the default icon pack. Maybe you could add a setting somewhere to switch between the detault and Horizon.
(2018-07-21, 20:22)supersmilers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-20, 11:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

It didn't for me. It still uses the default icon pack. Maybe you could add a setting somewhere to switch between the detault and Horizon.

Can you get me a screenshot?

If its not working automatically, then adding a setting to switch wont do anything.

How did you install the genre icons? Can you confirm that they are actually installed and *enabled* in Addons.
Addons > My Addons > Look and Feel > Image Collections > Movie Genre Icons - Horizon
Hey Jurial, I know this is a Kodi related issue but was wondering if you still could help me. (happy to edit files, been messing around but had no luck.)
From widgets I prefer movies to show the Info Dialog, but TV Shows would be better to go straight to library view.

Now, is there a way to force the library view on TV Shows so it jumps straight to view the seasons / episodes (even with default action set to show info)

Or... 

Force the Info Dialog to show only on movie widgets when default action is set to play.

I've read somewhere that this was achievable by creating a new profile within kodi, duplicating the skin with the settings set to play on one profile and info on the other. Didn't work for me though.
PS. I'll be running android. Sold my atv4k for a shield Wink
+1 i like this idea also
(2018-07-20, 11:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-16, 02:01)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Could we get a little more info for the live tv area? Specifically the default “watched channels square view” in Embruary skin lists the channel logo and below it the show name and starting and ending time below. See attached. I find that very useful at a glance info.

Thanks as always!

I will have a look at what I can do once I get through a few of the other outstanding items on my skinning todo list.

Always appreciate your willingness to work in suggestions!

My biggest issue with the live tv widgets as they stand now in the skin is that they don’t update consistently. In Aura I can go to my live tv section and the last played channel widgets might be showing the shows that were on 2 hours ago. I don’t know what the maker of the Emburary skin is doing different but his are very accurate. They even show the progress of the shows.
I had the same issue, but I remember that I made it to work by making my own pvr widget and editing the WidgetSort setting of the widget to lastplayed, in the skin.aura.properties file (this file is on the folder which script.skinshortcuts uses to save its settings).

['mainmenu', '19020', 'widget', u'LastPlayedChannels'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'widgetName', '$LOCALIZE[19023]'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'widgetTarget', u'pvr'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'widgetPath', u'pvr://channels/tv/*?view=lastplayed'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'WidgetDirection', u'descending'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'WidgetSort', u'lastplayed'],
(2018-07-22, 21:43)olympus Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same issue, but I remember that I made it to work by making my own pvr widget and editing the WidgetSort setting of the widget to lastplayed, in the skin.aura.properties file (this file is on the folder which script.skinshortcuts uses to save its settings).

['mainmenu', '19020', 'widget', u'LastPlayedChannels'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'widgetName', '$LOCALIZE[19023]'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'widgetTarget', u'pvr'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'widgetPath', u'pvr://channels/tv/*?view=lastplayed'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'WidgetDirection', u'descending'],
 ['mainmenu', '19020', 'WidgetSort', u'lastplayed'],

No need to edit any files. You can change sorting options in the customisation dialog. Just click this button:

BTW, the other buttons are: pencil (change name), picture (change widget aspect), arrow list (change sort direction).