Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-16, 11:53)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 04:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-15, 12:49)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

I am still very much in love with Aura but have one question. When the background colour is changing with the poster i noticed that the colour palette is quite small and mostly rather saturated. Is there a way to expand the available colour palette and maybe have an option to choose for somewhat less saturated colours.

Would be greatly appreciated :-)

The fixed saturation/luminosity is done on purpose, because otherwise you end up with washed out colours which don't work well for highlights/background

This is not something which I can easily add options for, so you will need to tweak the settings in Startup.xml
Code:
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_main,main:fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_comp,main:hls*0.75;0;0@fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>

colorbox_main is the main colour used for background and the primary gradient highlight colour.
colorbox_comp is the secondary gradient colour.

fhls means Fixed hue luminosity saturation
a "-" value means nothing is done. Otherwise values are between 0.0 (0%) and 1.0 (100%).
So hue is not changed, luminosity is set at 45% and saturation is 90%

You can tweak the 0.45 and 0.9 values for the main colour to change how bright and saturated the matched colour is. You will need to restart kodi after tweaking the values to see the changes.

For the complimentary colour the hls at the start is additive - so I'm first cycling the hue by 75% to get a complimentary colour and then fixing the luminosity and saturation at 45% and 90% with the fhls command after.   
Thanks for the info. Maybe i can change the opacity of the default background and let the fanart decide the colour of the background. (When i change 'default.jpg' will that affect the background?)
Ultimately i would like to achieve similar background effects as in PLEX.

What is the background effect that Plex does? Ive never used Plex, so can you describe + link a screenshot or video and I will be able to better guide you.

BTW you can't change the opacity of a jpg (only png have alpha channels). Also changing default.jpg won't do anything anyway.
(2018-06-16, 13:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 11:53)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 04:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]The fixed saturation/luminosity is done on purpose, because otherwise you end up with washed out colours which don't work well for highlights/background

This is not something which I can easily add options for, so you will need to tweak the settings in Startup.xml
Code:
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_main,main:fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_comp,main:hls*0.75;0;0@fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>

colorbox_main is the main colour used for background and the primary gradient highlight colour.
colorbox_comp is the secondary gradient colour.

fhls means Fixed hue luminosity saturation
a "-" value means nothing is done. Otherwise values are between 0.0 (0%) and 1.0 (100%).
So hue is not changed, luminosity is set at 45% and saturation is 90%

You can tweak the 0.45 and 0.9 values for the main colour to change how bright and saturated the matched colour is. You will need to restart kodi after tweaking the values to see the changes.

For the complimentary colour the hls at the start is additive - so I'm first cycling the hue by 75% to get a complimentary colour and then fixing the luminosity and saturation at 45% and 90% with the fhls command after.     
Thanks for the info. Maybe i can change the opacity of the default background and let the fanart decide the colour of the background. (When i change 'default.jpg' will that affect the background?)

What is the background effect that Plex does? Ive never used Plex, so can you describe + link a screenshot or video and I will be able to better guide you.

BTW you can't change the opacity of a jpg (only png have alpha channels). Also changing default.jpg won't do anything anyway.  
Plex for browser has a default background with a certain amount of transparency. Blurred fanart is placed behind this background and makes for a slight change in colour due to the colour of the blurred fanart.
I know i can only use png for transparent images. Is it possible to add a png as default background?

Video: Plex Example
(2018-06-11, 15:37)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-08, 14:28)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-08, 05:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]DTS-X and Atmos media flags are not supported by Kodi because of a limitation in ffmpeg. Kodi can't decode Atmos and DTS-X natively - those codecs only work via bitstream passthrough. Any skin that shows these flags is just faking it by using part of the filename to determine whether to show it or not. For me personally, I think filename checks should only be used for information about the source (e.g. whether it came from a bluray, dvd, or webrip for example), and not for information about how it is encoded.  
Thanks for your response. And of course, it makes sense!

However, I would like to enter an user story to be evaluated by the dev team (I am not sure where I could enter it): "As I user I would like to choose to whether or not use portions of filenames to display media information such as Dolby Atmos and DTS-X"

Does it make sense?  
 I've found the location where the requirements are created and put my request there. I hope it makes sense to you! https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura/issues/12

Thank you for the great work on this skin! 
I just ran a final test after our last conversation yesterday and it works fine! 

Thank you so much to implement and deploy this user story! I really appreciate that!
(2018-06-16, 14:09)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 13:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 11:53)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info. Maybe i can change the opacity of the default background and let the fanart decide the colour of the background. (When i change 'default.jpg' will that affect the background?)

Plex for browser has a default background with a certain amount of transparency. Blurred fanart is placed behind this background and makes for a slight change in colour due to the colour of the blurred fanart.
I know i can only use png for transparent images. Is it possible to add a png as default background?

That's not how default.jpg is used. Default.jpg is the fallback image that is used only when no fanart is available. Fanart/fallback goes on the very most bottom layer and the colour overlay and dim etc. are added on top.

Anyway, you don't need to modify any files to get the effects that you want. Just use the Blur effect in the skin.

I achieved these with the following settings:
Skin Settings > Effects > Background Transparency: Increased
Skin Settings > Effects > Background overlay (DISABLE)
Skin Settings > Effects > Background vignette (DISABLE)
Skin Settings > Effects > Blur fanart (ENABLE)
Skin Settings > Effects > Only use blur in info dialog (DISABLE)

Then in Skin Settings > Effects > Advanced settings for colorbox
Effect Type = Blur
Blur Radius = 10
Image Quality = 8
Blend = 100

You can change what image is used as fanart fallback in
Skin Settings > Background > Set fallback image
If you are using blur you probably want to use a fallback image that is colourful to get a nice effect.

You can also experiment with enabling Skin Settings > Effects > Background vignette
I think it gives a nice effect:
(2018-06-17, 01:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 13:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What is the background effect that Plex does? Ive never used Plex, so can you describe + link a screenshot or video and I will be able to better guide you.

That's not how default.jpg is used. Default.jpg is the fallback image that is used only when no fanart is available. Fanart/fallback goes on the very most bottom layer and the colour overlay and dim etc. are added on top.

Anyway, you don't need to modify any files to get the effects that you want. Just use the Blur effect in the skin.

Effect Type = Blur
Blur Radius = 10
Image Quality = 8
Blend = 100

If you are using blur you probably want to use a fallback image that is colourful to get a nice effect.

You can also experiment with enabling Skin Settings > Effects > Background vignette
Thanks for the explanation. Very much appreciated :-)
Can i replace the vignette file with a semi transparent png as overlay for the fanart? This would give the colour of the fanart a hint of theme color. Like in Plex.
Anyhow, i will experiment with it.
@jurialmunkey 
Loving this skin more and more the longer I use it. I've even become converted to the horizontal menu. I do have a request: is it possible to list the set, if applicable, and tags in the information section of a particular video file?
(2018-06-17, 01:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 13:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What is the background effect that Plex does? Ive never used Plex, so can you describe + link a screenshot or video and I will be able to better guide you.

ImageImageImage

Effect Type = Blur
Blur Radius = 10
Image Quality = 8
Blend = 100

Is it possible to disable blur on home screen? With these settings the homescreen images blur as well. :/
(2018-06-17, 18:29)Saviera Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 
Loving this skin more and more the longer I use it. I've even become converted to the horizontal menu. I do have a request: is it possible to list the set, if applicable, and tags in the information section of a particular video file?

Added. They now show in the list of additional information at the bottom of the video info screen (you have to scroll down the bottom to see them).
(2018-06-17, 18:01)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the explanation. Very much appreciated :-)
Can i replace the vignette file with a semi transparent png as overlay for the fanart? This would give the colour of the fanart a hint of theme color. Like in Plex.

No need to replace any files. You can tweak the amount that the background is faded in the skin.aura/colors/defaults.xml file

Code:
<color name="FanartDim_Reduced">bb181818</color>
<color name="FanartDim_Increased">8b181818</color>
<color name="FanartDim_NoVignette_Reduced">db181818</color>
<color name="FanartDim_NoVignette_Increased">bb181818</color>

Depending on your settings (vignette on/off and transparency reduced/increased), just modify the appropriate setting.
The first two digits of the code are for the alpha channel (transparency level) of the fanart dim in hexadecimal.
00 is no dim, and FF is completely opaque. 8b is about 55% opacity (default setting).

So assuming transparency is set to increased and the vignette is enabled, change the 8b value to something lower to show more of the fanart.
BTW, you need to reload the skin after changing the values to see the effect.

With vignette turned on and transparency at increased, you can get a nice effect by setting the alpha to 00
Code:
<color name="FanartDim_Increased">00181818</color>

If you still want to alter the vignette and overlay pngs, they can be found in skin.aura/media/common
vignette-white.png is used for the colour overlay.
vignette-full.png is used for the actual vignette effect.
Cool Skin jurialmunke

I use Video_TS structure (DVD)

When using yoru skin and looking at EXtras category on Move Infor (I on keyboard)

I can see the extras listeded with filename but it does nothing when I press on the Extra.

If I have an Mp4 in the extras folder it plays ... why not for Video_TS .... the film plays ok ?
(2018-06-18, 09:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-17, 18:01)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the explanation. Very much appreciated :-)

No need to replace any files. You can tweak the amount that the background is faded in the skin.aura/colors/defaults.xml file
Code:

Depending on your settings (vignette on/off and transparency reduced/increased), just modify the appropriate setting.
The first two digits of the code are for the alpha channel (transparency level) of the fanart dim in hexadecimal.
00 is no dim, and FF is completely opaque. 8b is about 55% opacity (default setting).

So assuming transparency is set to increased and the vignette is enabled, change the 8b value to something lower to show more of the fanart.

With vignette turned on and transparency at increased, you can get a nice effect by setting the alpha to 00
Code:

If you still want to alter the vignette and overlay pngs, they can be found in skin.aura/media/common
 I have tried your suggestion and it does look great. Though i already made my own custom vignette file :-)
In the video you can see the result. (quality isn't great since i grabbed it from a remote screen) Hope you like it though.

Video: Custom Vignette example
I love this skin. Well done jurialmunkey.
I have a question. Since this seems to be a mouse friendly skin, there is a mouse compatibility option in skin's settings, can you add some things for making PVR to work better with mouse?
Can you please add the scrollbar in PVR EPG view like Confluence and Estuary?
Also it would be nice if you added a scrollbar in Next Aired script.
Thank you! Very much appreciated.
(2018-06-18, 09:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Code:

Looks great! As for highlighter effect, can you please add the flat style ones as a option for it so it can fit with the whole flat design thing you got there.
Quote:Looks great! As for highlighter effect, can you please add the flat style ones as a option for it so it can fit with the whole flat design thing you got there.

Who are you asking? ;-)