Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-03-22, 22:53)DFergFLA Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone.  I am just getting back into playing with Kodi.  It's been at least 6 or 7 years.  I am trying to setup the Youtube app but it keeps telling me I need my own API key and I am having a hard time figure out where to go from here.  Can someone point me in the right direction.

thanks

P.S.  The addon tells me to go to: https:UTADDON.page.link/kyes   On this page there is a link to a video to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFaY8IpTeI  But that is a dead link with a message from YT saying it was taken down.  So I am at a total loss.  I now have an API key from google.  I have attempted to get it to work in this add in for over an hour and nothing.  I just keep getting the message that I need a key and when I go back into setting the key I just entered is gone.  Someone please help.

YT has "problems" with KODI, the step by step text tutorial is in
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

to devs:
apparently github lets you upload videos now
I have a question: I'm making widgets using the plugin.video.youtube add-on.

The first three items are always Channels", "Playlists" and "Live". I never need these folders and preferably would like to hide them.

I found an old thread which details you can 'hidefolders=true', I tried manually writing in the skin source, but I couldn't get that to work.

Long question short: how to hide Channels", "Playlists", "Live" from my widgets.

Thank you!
Feature request:

When playing YouTube content the volume is significantly louder than other content in Kodi. It would be great if there were a user setting like so:
Input volume absorber: -1db - -6db
Just to let you know, The Youtube addon 7.0.1 when attached to Pseudo TV Live, constantly throws errors, Content Not Available trying to access playlists, If the channel is in Kodi, and you select it, Content not available error, however select the same thing 3 or 4 times and it plays. 7.0.1 just fails, 6.85.x works with less issues, but still has problems. Don't know if this problem is with its intergration with PSEudo TV Live or the add on itself.
Just started getting the dreaded "The following content is not available on this app." message with any attempt to play any video on any of my Kodi installations (FireTV, Windows 10, etc.). It was working fine earlier today. I tried logging out and back in, and also modding "video_info.py" as suggested a while back, but nothing helps. Is this happening to anyone else?

I remember I saw this maybe a year ago and it fixed itself after a few days, but I'm really hoping for a quicker fix this time.

UPDATE: Working again this morning after about 12 hours.

UPDATE 2: ...and... it's happening again.
Same problem. It was working fine on Saturday and stopped working from Sunday.
PseudoTV Live requires duration/runtime information to generate the EPG. It looks like the error is with the youtube plugin while retrieving duration meta.

Code:
2023-04-25 18:18:52.078 T:15988 error <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCE2606prvXQc_noEqKxVJXA/playlist/PLgyY1WylJUmirlKxlCckfVQAgc0Xg3uZ4/ 2023-04-25 18:18:56.984 T:5128 info <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.1) on N***** (Kodi-20.1) with Python 3.8.15 Path: /channel/UC1D36wr10qyCfisHulZ5G8Q/playlist/PLalQNACgOUSfOYxWcRzUEMcFDPWI5Tbdn/ Params: {} 2023-04-25 18:18:59.776 T:5128 info <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.1) on N***** (Kodi-20.1) with Python 3.8.15 Path: /channel/UC1D36wr10qyCfisHulZ5G8Q/playlist/PLalQNACgOUSfOYxWcRzUEMcFDPWI5Tbdn/ Params: {'page_token': 'EAAaBlBUOkNESQ', 'page': '2'} 2023-04-25 18:19:01.185 T:5128 error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'TypeError'> Error Contents: '<' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'NoneType' Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\default.py", line 15, in <module> runner.run(__provider__) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\runner.py", line 60, in run __RUNNER__.run(provider, context) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 35, in run results = provider.navigate(context) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 104, in navigate result = method(context, re_match) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 19, in wrapper return func(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\provider.py", line 475, in _on_channel_playlist result.extend(v3.response_to_items(self, context, json_data)) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\v3.py", line 301, in response_to_items result = utils.filter_short_videos(context, result) File "C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\utils.py", line 685, in filter_short_videos if hasattr(item, '_duration') and (0 < item.get_duration() <= 60): TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'NoneType' -->End of Python script error report<--
(2023-04-26, 11:50)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Code:

Yes, that's not very legible. Use a pastebin service next time.
For me, the temporary fix for "The following content is not available on this app." was to install the Alpha Releases from this page > Github 7.X.X-dev - anxdpanic

and then turn off MPEG-DASH. If you don't turn it off, the video may stall and freeze after about 30 seconds. 

6.8.26.Alpha1 is for Kodi Matrix
7.0.2.Alpha3 is for Kodi Nexus (20.1)
Every so often my Test and Unofficial repos for this addon are suddenly empty. For instance I currently have the 2.0.2+matrix.1 Unofficial repo and the 2.0.4+matrix.1 Official and Unofficial Test repos installed but when I try to install anything from them they are completely empty. I'm running Kodi 19.5 on multiple devices (Fire TV, Windows 10, etc.) and I'm encountering the same thing on all.

I always have trouble finding the unofficial and test repos online. Does anyone have a link for the most recent ones that work?
(2023-04-26, 14:25)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the temporary fix for "The following content is not available on this app." was to install the Alpha Releases from this page > Github 7.X.X-dev - anxdpanic

and then turn off MPEG-DASH. If you don't turn it off, the video may stall and freeze after about 30 seconds. 

6.8.26.Alpha1 is for Kodi Matrix
7.0.2.Alpha3 is for Kodi Nexus (20.1)
Thank you for this. I found that disabling MPEG-DASH caused the video to stop (in this case Sky News) but re-enabling it makes it stream uninterrupted. I am using Matrix solely because both Nexus releases cause, for me, YouTube to stop after less than a minute. Later I might have a go at re-installing 20.1 and use the alpha version for Nexus and see. Thanks again for your input.
6.8.26.Alpha2 (Matrix) and 7.0.2.Alpha4 (Nexus) were released today but they did not work for me.
Installed 7.0.2a4 on latest Nexus. The good news: The previous error is gone. The bad news: The connection to YT is so slow now that "Buffering" happens all time, basically making any video unwatchable. Also, the cache is not filled in the background when video is paused.
Yup, seeing the same on my Onn box with 7.0.2a4, works but video at a snails pace, hopefully issue can get resolved soon.
(2023-04-27, 00:50)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]6.8.26.Alpha2 (Matrix) and 7.0.2.Alpha4 (Nexus) were released today but they did not work for me.

6.8.26.Alpha1 and Alpha2 both play the vids without the "not available" error, but they both just stutter and freeze. Disabling MPEG-DASH helps with Alpha1 but not with Alpha2.