Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A working fix is posted HERE.
(2023-04-30, 08:54)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]A working fix is posted HERE.

Hello,

It isn't working, I have installed this -> https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...5-new2.zip

I have a Raspberry Pi3 B+ with Kodi Matrix 19.4 (Libreelec 10.0.3)

Does someone know which youtube addon release it's the one that I should install in order to get everything working fine as before?

Here is the log with the errors when I try to reproduce any video, it isn't loading properly, I can't play them.

https://paste.kodi.tv/vutubufeki.kodi

Thanks.
Of course it's working. No more reports are necessary, the problem has been identified. If you don't know how to edit and/or replace files from an add-on you'll just have to wait for an official update which Kodi itself can install.
(2023-04-30, 19:55)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it's working. No more reports are necessary, the problem has been identified. If you don't know how to edit and/or replace files from an add-on you'll just have to wait for an official update which Kodi itself can install.

Hello,

Where can I download the file that I should replace at youtube addon?

Thanks.
(2023-04-27, 22:30)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]That's video_info.py for Kodi Leia (checked on 18.9). Download it and replace existing file in addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper folder. Reboot device (just restart Kodi isn't enough) and You're back in business, including MPEG-DASH with 1080 support

I can confirm it isn't working properly with youtube addon 6.8.26 alpha3 on a Raspberry Pi3 B+ with Kodi Matrix 19.4 (Libreelec 10.0.3). I have replaced the file, powered off raspberry and powered on again, there are some videos that are played OK but there are several videos where you get "the video is unavailable" error.

I have installed also the youtube plugin 6.8.25 from the Matrix Kodi repository (replaced the video_info.py file, then powered off the device and powered on) and the same error happens, you get on some videos "this video is unavailable".

I'm posting the log. Any thoughts?

https://paste.kodi.tv/idahodivux.kodi

Thanks.
(2023-04-30, 21:11)The Diplomat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm posting the log. Any thoughts?

It's not a complete debug log.
(2023-04-30, 21:30)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-30, 21:11)The Diplomat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm posting the log. Any thoughts?

It's not a complete debug log.

It's the exact extract when I tried to reproduce a video an I get the "unavailable error". I have activated also the video specific component in order to show the output at the kodi.log

What else is needed?

Thanks.
(2023-04-30, 21:11)The Diplomat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-27, 22:30)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]That's video_info.py for Kodi Leia (checked on 18.9). Download it and replace existing file in addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper folder. Reboot device (just restart Kodi isn't enough) and You're back in business, including MPEG-DASH with 1080 support

I can confirm it isn't working properly with youtube addon 6.8.26 alpha3 on a Raspberry Pi3 B+ with Kodi Matrix 19.4 (Libreelec 10.0.3). I have replaced the file, powered off raspberry and powered on again, there are some videos that are played OK but there are several videos where you get "the video is unavailable" error.

I have installed also the youtube plugin 6.8.25 from the Matrix Kodi repository (replaced the video_info.py file, then powered off the device and powered on) and the same error happens, you get on some videos "this video is unavailable".

I'm posting the log. Any thoughts?

https://paste.kodi.tv/idahodivux.kodi

Thanks.

6.8.26 Alpha3 works on all videos except music videos. A new release was made for Kodi 20 & 20.1 (Nexus) but I haven't found one for Matrix yet. The Github forum is a mess but there are working fixes there. I also prefer to wait for a finished .zip file instead of editing a file. Here's the link to 6.8.26 Alpha3  

Anxdpanic's YouTube Addon Development Versions
(2023-04-30, 19:55)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it's working. No more reports are necessary, the problem has been identified. If you don't know how to edit and/or replace files from an add-on you'll just have to wait for an official update which Kodi itself can install.

No need to be a dick about it, and no... it's not working. That solution results in "Failed to get a player response for video..." errors, even with MPEG-DASH disabled. The one I posted here earlier though which I lifted out of the Kodi Add-on beta builds completely eliminates that error and the one about "can't play on this device". The MPEG-DASH problem though still exists.
(2023-04-30, 21:35)The Diplomat Wrote: [ -> ]What else is needed?

The whole log. There is additional set-up and config information elsewhere in it, which you have removed.

This makes troubleshooting more difficult.
Plugin.video.youtube-7.0.2.alpha 6 version of the problem solved.
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../7.x.x-dev
I've just tested 6.8.26.alpha4 and it seems that the issue is fixed, I can play music videos and other videos too.

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...alpha4.zip

Thanks a lot.
I have tried All the above fixes. Working well on android but my windows PC running kodi does not play anything ? 
Has anyone on windows been able to get YT working again ? kindly share
(2023-05-01, 16:56)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried All the above fixes. Working well on android but my windows PC running kodi does not play anything ? 
Has anyone on windows been able to get YT working again ? kindly share

Hi. Intel NUC, Windows 11, 19.5, 6.8.26 alpha4 all working OK for me but I have not tried music videos.

EDIT: I have just used Search on the YouTube Add-on to find a random Pet Shop Boys music video and it is playing fine.

SECOND EDIT: Just tried 20.1 and 7.0.2 alpha6 but all videos freeze after around 30 seconds. I have reverted back to the above and all is well.
So got it working by uninstalling completely including settings & setting it up again with the alpha version.