Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same here,

what's the problem please ?
(2023-07-04, 09:19)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-03, 14:27)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]This may be of interest. On my Intel NUC, Windows 11, Matrix 19.5, Sky News recently started to stutter within a minute of streaming. I have disabled MPEG-DASH and all is now well.

On another matter, I am using version 6.8.27-alpha7. Is there another version for Nexus 20.2 (to which I wish to upgrade) or should I use the same one?
It's a problem with InputStream, not with Youtube. You can't do nothing unfortunately Sad It should be just fine with Nexus and appropriate version of its InputStream and Youtube 7.0.2-alpha7

thanks, i was wondering why live video didn't work anymore
After updating 19.3 → 20.2 I have noticed that I am unable to play any trailer video from any movie info box. And that every attempt ends up with "The following content is not available on this app".

Examining logs clearly shows that this plugin simply crashes during any of such attempt. Here is the most important part of logs:

logfile:
[plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.1) on N***** (Kodi-20.2) with Python 3.11.2
    Path: /
    Params: {'action': 'play_video', 'videoid': 'e2ql5wODeMY'}
[plugin.video.youtube] DEPRECATED "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=e2ql5wODeMY"
[plugin.video.youtube] USE INSTEAD "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=e2ql5wODeMY"
CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 50, in play_video
    video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 101, in get_video_streams
    video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 542, in load_stream_infos
    return self._method_get_video_info(video_id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 859, in _method_get_video_info
    raise YouTubeException(reason)

youtube_plugin.youtube.youtube_exceptions.YouTubeException: The following content is not available on this app.

Full logs available here: https://paste.kodi.tv/gihigegobo

Is there anything that can be done before the add-on is fixed by the developers?
Version 7.0.1: "Saved Playlists" not showing anything.

Does anybody have a idea as to how I can get the "saved Playlist" Menu in the Youtube addon to work properly?
Everything else in the Addon is working just fine like "Subscriptions" and "History" but Saved Playlists isn't displaying any items at all.

Any ideas as to why that is and how I could fix that?
Thank you
(2023-08-02, 15:24)trejder Wrote: [ -> ]After updating 19.3 → 20.2 I have noticed that I am unable to play any trailer video from any movie info box. And that every attempt ends up with "The following content is not available on this app".

Examining logs clearly shows that this plugin simply crashes during any of such attempt. Here is the most important part of logs:

logfile:
[plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.1) on N***** (Kodi-20.2) with Python 3.11.2
    Path: /
    Params: {'action': 'play_video', 'videoid': 'e2ql5wODeMY'}
[plugin.video.youtube] DEPRECATED "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=e2ql5wODeMY"
[plugin.video.youtube] USE INSTEAD "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=e2ql5wODeMY"
CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 50, in play_video
    video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 101, in get_video_streams
    video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 542, in load_stream_infos
    return self._method_get_video_info(video_id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 859, in _method_get_video_info
    raise YouTubeException(reason)

youtube_plugin.youtube.youtube_exceptions.YouTubeException: The following content is not available on this app.

Full logs available here: https://paste.kodi.tv/gihigegobo

Is there anything that can be done before the add-on is fixed by the developers?
Always a good idea to search before posting Smile simple fix available and still on the first page of this section for the moment.
Is there a way to avoid the error when input the second verification code at https://google.com/device?
  • Google hasn’t verified this app . .  etc
OR do we always have to click Advanced link,  "Go to Kodi-YouTube (unsafe)" ?
I have signed into youtube on the kodi youtube app but get error.

Anyone know how to fix error?

Code:
One or more items failed to play.
Check the log for more information about this message?
there should be some way to flag this addon as broken on the forum since there are so many unanswered broken reports and the developer doesn't even come here

-----

users: go to github to file reports https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ube/issues
Hi There,
I am having problems with the YouTube Add-On. Can anyone help me.
I have just installed a clean build of Kodi, loaded my Media and installed Pseudo TV Live and the You Tube Addon.
I have tried to set up the YouTube Addon, but constantly get errors.
I have tried the Google/Device login system, as you apparently have to have 2 logins. The first one works ok, but the second fails everytime, telling me something about you are not allowed as you havent completed the verrification process. Which is what i am trying to do, and telling me to contact the key developer, which is me. Stupid Thing. I've looked this up on how to, but that tells me nothing about the error.
The strange thing Is, on my old currently working build which i have updated, changed, added to, subtracted from for years, the you tube addon works fine. 
It must be a configuration issue which I can't for the life of me solve.

any you tube experts out there with any ideas? TIA
@OzDrDj @trejder @b1ggles - your various threads and posts have been merged into the main YouTube support addon (this current one).

Just a courtesy note in case you wondered where they had gone - please use this thread for this addon rather than starting new ones.
inputstream.adaptive not available for others using Nexus?  It prevents youtube from updating to 7.0.1
FWIW Youtube installed from the github master branch works fine for me(Win x64 Omega A2+ nightly), but I don't log into yt or otherwise interact with it except to search and play vids, so admittedly I don't use much of the functionality. 

scott s.
(2023-08-03, 14:10)Trillian_M1 Wrote: [ -> ]Version 7.0.1: "Saved Playlists" not showing anything.

Does anybody have a idea as to how I can get the "saved Playlist" Menu in the Youtube addon to work properly?
Everything else in the Addon is working just fine like "Subscriptions" and "History" but Saved Playlists isn't displaying any items at all.

Any ideas as to why that is and how I could fix that?
Thank you
From memory, this has been non-functional for quite some time due to changes in the Youtube API. I don't think anyone's looked into possible workarounds.
(2023-08-04, 02:19)b1ggles Wrote: [ -> ]Always a good idea to search before posting Smile simple fix available and still on the first page of this section for the moment.

Kodi is the only forum (out of hundreds that I use) that wish to have "everything merged together" into single, enormously large post, where finding anything is simply impossible. Especially given the fact that users like me (with a very low number of posts) are limited to two search queries per each 15 minutes. Sorry, if that sounds harsh, but that's how I see this.

Now, getting back to your post. Well... I was searching before and found nothing, sorry.

And... am I getting you correctly? Fix is found on the first page of this huge 173 pages long thread? I should look for a solution to a problem reported in 2023 among posts published in 2016?

I am probably getting you all wrong, but... I have browsed every post on the first page out of those 173 and either I am blind or I see no solution to my problem.

Would you be so nice to point me directly to the post that has a solution for me?
(2023-08-06, 18:29)graysky Wrote: [ -> ]inputstream.adaptive not available for others using Nexus?  It prevents youtube from updating to 7.0.1

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/504