Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
YouTube 7.0.1
Kodi 20.1

Never installed anything in a zip file on Kodi. Which specific file/extension?
Did the 1.0.7 alpha update I believe and it worked. Thanks!
Sorry in advance, i'm feeling a little silly that i haven't been able to figure this out for myself...  Kodi Nexus 20.1 , and the 7.0.2-alpha7 add-on, unable to get it to work. (tried both a Windows Laptop , as well as an XBox using the 'Apps store' version.)

I've been onto Google Dev's , generated an API key (unrestricted) , set an Oauth2.0 Client ID as 'TV and Limited Input' and have an API Secret. - Is 'TV and Limited Input' the correct ID Type ??

I've added each of these into the API keys area of the add-on.  - Allow Developer Keys, should that be on or off?

I've signed in and been through the 'approve two apps'  via google.com/device.

The end result of all this is that when i then launch the add-on , the 'My Subscriptions' is empty , just shows the ' .. ' return to previous menu icon.

If i then try going to the 'Subscririptions' page i get a YouTube: accessNotConfigured dialog that tells me 'The YouTube add-on now requires that you to use your own API keys.' - again, Allow Developer Keys, should that be on or off , or am i missing something else? (I've subsequently tried that switch in both modes.. didn't seem to make a difference either way.)
Problem fixed with the latest development version but anyone noticed "Play with Subtitles" not working anymore? I checked those videos with YouTube App and non-auto generated subtitles are available.
Please for the love of god tell me there is an alternative YouTube addon to this one?
It will not work, doesn't matter how many times I enter API kep client and secret, sign in through the two verification steps, every time it just says exceeded quota or some other error. Options the instructions say should be in the YouTube API settings are not there, I've changed the quota but it still won't work. Why is this so difficult, is there no alternative that actually works? Is there some simple sort of wizard to get this working? Sick of watching YouTube on my phone when Kodi should have a working YouTube addon. 🤷🏻‍♀️
(2023-05-03, 15:14)bl4ckkat Wrote: [ -> ]Please for the love of god tell me there is an alternative YouTube addon to this one?
It will not work, doesn't matter how many times I enter API kep client and secret, sign in through the two verification steps, every time it just says exceeded quota or some other error. Options the instructions say should be in the YouTube API settings are not there, I've changed the quota but it still won't work. Why is this so difficult, is there no alternative that actually works? Is there some simple sort of wizard to get this working? Sick of watching YouTube on my phone when Kodi should have a working YouTube addon. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You may want delete the existing set and create a new set of API then try once more.
Small improvement of patch for Kodi Leia, so anyone used it, should reapply it
For those who interesting: some files which didn't show subtitles, now started show them.
I did have alot of problems with the API Keys at one stage. Just could not get them working. I ended up deleteing the first and second ones I created, and produced 2 new keys. I have a rather large Kodi Build and when making new channel lists I seem to burn through the data allowance for the day. At this point i can just change the api key to the other and continue on.
I don;t use the you tube addon on its own, rather by adding a channel to PTVL, So I have added my login user name to the you tube addon and the api keys. I only saw that double login thing for the first time the other day when the addon went kaboom, but I since the latest update I have not used the double login ever.
You can leave Developer Keys On. At this point, it all seems to be fine.

Try this for a really easy guide to creating api keys
https://www.firesticktricks.com/create-y...cnxttN9f-s
Another one improvement of patch for Kodi Leia, so anyone used it, should reapply it
For those who interesting: improvement of error while live stream in HD mode.
Latest dev versions working flawlessly for me on Kodi 19 & 20.

Thank you!!!!
If that thanks for me: I'm a wrong guy; I'm not a developer of that plugin, but just modifier for Kodi 18 Smile
(2023-05-04, 13:21)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]If that thanks for me: I'm a wrong guy; I'm not a developer of that plugin, but just modifier for Kodi 18 Smile
Regardless, thank you for your work. If you don't mind, I made a package for Leia with your modifications, because it is more difficult to exchange modified files on some platforms.
https://github.com/dtechsrv/plugin.video...a-20230504
(2023-05-04, 03:29)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Try this for a really easy guide to creating api keys
https://www.firesticktricks.com/create-y...cnxttN9f-s

Thanks for the pointer .. found my issue, I had overlooked step 6 in my project.

Scroll down to the YouTube section and select YouTube Data API v3. You can also use the search bar near the center of the page to find this API button.
6. Click the ENABLE button to enable the API. Wait for a few moments while Google carries out the process.
(2023-05-03, 01:26)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-03, 00:23)pauls156 Wrote: [ -> ]Any time I try to play a YouTube video on Kodi, particularly a trailer, I get an error saying “The following content is not available on this app”. Is there a workaround/fix yet for this? Thanks.

Install the latest version of the YouTube Addon here: Latest YouTube Addons

Made sure you choose the correct one for you version of Kodi.

These will be added to the Kodi Repository for updating the YouTube Addon soon, I think, if you want to wait.
The plugin.video.youtube-6.8.26.alpha5 worked for me on my Raspberry Pi 3B running on Matrix, thank you. I uninstalled the one that I had, said yes to deleting my settings and did a fresh install using plugin.video.youtube-6.8.26.alpha5 via a USB drive. I genuinely forgot how to create the API key and followed the useful guide below and created new a API key, Client Secret & Client ID and entered it in Youtube via the settings tab. It is working fine so far! Gonna try it on my Pi 2 later as well! Thanks again.
(2023-05-01, 01:03)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]The one I posted here earlier though which I lifted out of the Kodi Add-on beta builds completely eliminates that error and the one about "can't play on this device". The MPEG-DASH problem though still exists.
Well, arseMOBILIS, a working fix including MPEG-DASH is kind of the point, isn't it? The latest alphas should take care of it, an official release shouldn't be too far away now. Deleting settings / API key shouldn't be necessary at all, IMHO.