Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On KODI Nexus, when creating the API, you will need to select the OAuth consent screen again at the end. Scroll down, click Add User in the Trial Users section, and enter your Gmail account through which you are connected to Google.
(2024-01-26, 23:32)Steha Wrote: [ -> ]On KODI Nexus, when creating the API, you will need to select the OAuth consent screen again at the end. Scroll down, click Add User in the Trial Users section, and enter your Gmail account through which you are connected to Google.

Hi thank you so much appreciate it. I tried that but I kept getting the same error then it worked when I published the "project" I don't know if I feel comfortable with that as I do not know if that would expose me / my account /etc. to any cyber security threats. in any case that's for me to figure out
Glad I could help you. I don't think you have to worry. You create a project and no one has access to it. Unless you add users in the test area with their email address. I think this is limited to 100 users per project 😉
(2024-01-27, 01:50)Steha Wrote: [ -> ]Glad I could help you. I don't think you have to worry. You create a project and no one has access to it. Unless you add users in the test area with their email address. I think this is limited to 100 users per project 😉

hey thanks again. I don't know what went wrong first time (I have 2 google account so I think I used the wrong one not sure though) but today I deleted the project, made a fresh new one, added a test user like you explained and the API info worked. I only added one user which is me  Rofl
Addon has been working great. No issues for many months now!
Link to API Creation Guide here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/889889215432485
(2024-01-30, 03:14)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Link to API Creation Guide here

why not just provide the link directly here instead of linking your personal facebook so that people click a link to the real guide?
It is actually a link to a Pseudo TV Live Fan Page with the API Creation Guide.
(2024-01-30, 03:49)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]It is actually a link to a Pseudo TV Live Fan Page with the API Creation Guide.

i can see it's a facebook group but there's no guide on it, there's a link to a guide on another site
just seems more spammy than is needed, more like the intent is more to advertise your facebook group and less providing a guide
I admittedly created the Page on Facebook to help people, and as no one knows it is there, yes, I guess my motivation is somewhat driven to show people that it is there, agreed, but I was still trying to provide help. Thanks for your input. It won't happen again.
Hi guys.

So it took me a lot of reading in this forum and some help from @Steha to get this addon to work. I must admit it was not enough info in the addon readme to know what to do and how to do it.

So I thought to share this link which I found. it is the simplest and easiest way that explains how to generate and use the API info needed for the youtube plugin. this link was shared before in this forum in a long post, but I unfortunately cannot find the original post. also this is a direct link:  <mod edit> removed <mod edit>
nordicguy
Useful though that link might have been, the site hosting it is full of banned addon (wiki) recommendations and VPN stuff, all of which violate our forum rules (wiki).
So linking to it is not allowed, and the link has been removed.

Andxpanic did make a GH wiki page for the addon which has details - https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys
How to create Youtube API key on KODi Nexus

Go to https://console.developers.google.com/

If you are not logged in with your google account enter your username and password.
If you have already created a project on google cloud platform, it will be written select a project rather than create a project on the first page of the dashboard. At this point, a contextual menu will appear and you can then click on New project. In Project name, you put what you want (Youtube Project for example) then click on Create.
Now go to: console.developers.google.com/apis/library and click on YouTube Data API v3 (create-and-set-up-youtube-api-key-on-kodi). Click on Enable. So you have just enabled the module that will allow you to create your API key. This is what we will complete together in the next step…

Get the API
Now go to: console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials.
Select Credentials
Click on Create Credentials
Click on API key in the drop down menu
Now copy the API key and paste it in a notepad for later use.
That’s it, your API is now created. Now we need to give the permissions so that it can be used. To do so, we need to create: A client id and A secret client id.

Creation of identifiers (OAth client)
Select OAuth Consent Screen. Under User Type, select External. Click on Create.
Select the application type. In the Name field, enter a name such as YouTube API Kodi. Click on Create.
Now, copy both your Client ID and your Secret Client and save them to a notepad for later use. As you did earlier for your API key.

Select the OAuth consent screen again in the left column.
Scroll down and click on Add users in the Test users section and enter your Gmail from which you are connected to Google.

Very shortened tutorial. I adapted this for myself. That was a while ago. Unfortunately I have no longer the link to the original source. I hope this can help some people.
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I have updated my OSMC image - meaning KODI has been updated to v20.3.

After the update, I noticed that the aired date disappeared under the title of the videos.

It was quite handy, because the videos are not in time order, so this was really a great help to find the latest videos from one publisher.

Is there any way to get back this function? Maybe a configuration setting, etc.

Youtube add-on version: 7.0.2.2

Thanks in advance for your help!
Noticed that some Kodi Youtube videos on my PC linked to the TV are blocked whereas the same videos on my desktop PC on Kodi are not.  Is there a setting I need to check or uncheck to be able to view blocked videos. The message that comes up when I triy to play them is "Youtube This video is unavailable". I am using the same login credentials for Youtube for both desktop and TV do I need separate credentials?