Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One would hope so.
I have tried latest "plugin.video.youtube-7.0.3+beta.1.zip". I have deleted plugin userdata (still does error when I try to open plugin in kodi). I am using latest CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-20.3-Nexus-Generic.img.gz (few days clean install) on my AML-S905x4 - maybe it is not problem, but I want to mention it uses "aarch64" atm.

Code:
2024-01-19 16:32:48.896 T:1106 info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## _service_::run ## WAITING:
2024-01-19 16:32:48.955 T:1105 info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## xdbus Monitor started. ##
2024-01-19 16:32:49.154 T:1013 error <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] JSONStore.load - access error:
|/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/api_keys.json|
2024-01-19 16:32:49.154 T:1013 error <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] JSONStore.get_data - invalid data:
|{}|
2024-01-19 16:32:49.178 T:1013 error <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] JSONStore.load - access error:
|/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/access_manager.json|
2024-01-19 16:32:49.178 T:1013 error <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] JSONStore.get_data - invalid data:
|{}|
2024-01-19 16:32:51.319 T:970 info <general>: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2024-01-19 16:32:51.713 T:1017 error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window videossettings
2024-01-19 16:32:51.730 T:1017 error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window musicsettings
2024-01-19 16:32:51.763 T:1017 error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window picturessettings
2024-01-19 16:32:51.780 T:1017 error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window weathersettings
2024-01-19 16:32:53.212 T:1107 info <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.3+beta.1) on Nexus (Kodi-20.3) with Python 3.11.2
Path: /sign/out/
Params: {'confirmed': True}
2024-01-19 16:32:53.249 T:1107 error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'XbmcContextUI' object has no attribute 'get_view_manager'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 17, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/plugin/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 56, in run
provider.run_wizard(context)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 95, in run_wizard
wizard_steps.extend(ui.get_view_manager().get_wizard_steps())
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'XbmcContextUI' object has no attribute 'get_view_manager'
-->End of Python script error report<--
Sorry for spamming. I have found fix here: https://github.com/MoojMidge/plugin.vide...c7169f9eac
I am Occasionally getting a message "This Content Not Suitable For Some Users", The You Tube App is signed in, Safe Search is off in preferences also. Any Ideas?
How do I sign in?

What does that even mean enable two application?

Does that mean i should do "Sign in" twice?
I did that? But it always ends with

I just clicked sign in, no api keys https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3180072
I do not use pre release, just what is on official kodi account repo
I did fill in api key, client id and secret and now it works,

just an suggestion, but for me, as new user this is super confusing

in my opinion it would be nice to explain to the user that they need to set this up before using sign in functionality and even in settings "api" should say something like youtube api, this it seems to be api of the plugin

I would like if you could not take it as say you do things wrong, bad etc., but as suggestion how to make experience for users nicer.
I do understand that if I want to use youtube with ie. sponsor block, it will always be harder then just using official app and that the correct (whatever that means) choice would to just not watch channels with sponsored segments.

Also is there option to set default view for all sections?

Also can I get japanese to show up?
(2024-01-23, 02:41)evlo Wrote: [ -> ]in my opinion it would be nice to explain to the user that they need to set this up before using sign in functionality and even in settings "api" should say something like youtube api, this it seems to be api of the plugin

you mean like a "readme"? like this one that is linked on the first post https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../README.md
or perhaps a wiki like this one https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube/wiki that is linked in that readme
No, as i wrote, in UI. Also I opened both of those before and saw nothing about how to set it up etc.
(2024-01-23, 03:22)evlo Wrote: [ -> ]No, as i wrote, in UI. Also I opened both of those before and saw nothing about how to set it up etc.

sure, sounds like a good idea, make sure you suggest it to anxdpanic
you'll probably need to reach out on github though since they don't come to the forum
(2024-01-20, 00:46)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]I am Occasionally getting a message "This Content Not Suitable For Some Users", The You Tube App is signed in, Safe Search is off in preferences also. Any Ideas?

still any ideas?
Is anyone else having an issue with My Subscriptions loading?
(2024-01-25, 17:13)xenophrenia Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else having an issue with My Subscriptions loading?

yes, for about a year, it's not something that really works with the addon

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ube/issues
My experience with error "401-invalid ID client" was a bit weird. 

I downloaded new version of KODI and couldn't turn on Youtube with my previous APIkeys.
I put api-keys in YT settings in KODI as copy/paste from my phone to TVscreen. And suddenly ClienID pasted as a link and it was a real problem with connect. 
I didn't have enough attention for this: true Client ID must be like 11111-aaaa.apps.googleusercontent.com, but after copy/paste (because of ".com") it became https://11111-aaaa.apps.googleusercontent.com/
When I deleted these symbols, it worked.
hi guys to be honest I read a lot now in this forum and I read the README file and this read me file tells me where to put the already obtained API info.

So I am still not sure how to get those youtube API key, ID and secret. I tried to make a new project andenebale youtube data v3 API and all I got was something called cleint ID. any help is appreciated

nordicguy
so I managed to find an online guide to make the API but then when I signed in to the 2nd device I got this error 

Kodi Youtube addon has not completed the Google verification process. The app is currently being tested, and can only be accessed by developer-approved testers. If you think you should have access, contact the developer.
If you are a developer of Kodi Youtube addon, see error details.
Error 403: access_denied

any idea what could that be?

nordicguy