Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my issue with the youtube addon was the following.

Prior to attempting the (dual) sign in procedure an oAuth 2 API key is required to be created on your google account.  This API key requires a very specific Client id (Televsion App).

Then three values API Key, Client ID and Secret must be configured into the YouTube addon prior sign in.

The sign in procedure goes to the trouble of mentioning that there will be two sign ins (in a badly worded fashion) but neglects to inform you of the more important API key requirement.

At no stage are you asked to enter your google account password.

Then you can sign in but the youtube addon still doesn't recognize your regular youtube configuration that has already been applied to other consumer youtube devices.
(None of my youtube profiles were identified and brought across)

My thoughts are this is not really consumer grade ready.

I have youtube running on many devices and I have never had to go through this procedure.

I'm not sure why the developers chose to do it this route but the usual manner of signing in with your youtube/google account using an account name and password and getting authorized via a second device
would seem to be the preferred path.

Definitively not consumer friendly!
Hi @WallyZ,

How infuriating is that double sign in for YouTube. When I originally did this I was stuck for hours and hours. I eventually made 3 different API Keys so I could switch them out at any time as trying to get them to work properly, I managed to fill my quota for the day.
The problem I kept coming across, was the device sign in for the second time. It kept telling me the code was invalid due to something or some such not being verified. I could not get around it, however now there is a tab to click saying I understand the risks proceed anyway.
The Main problem with the YouTube addon, is not the addon, but Google, as google owns YouTube, it has limit on everything you do or say there. All to do with Copyright I imagine, and god only knows what else. YouTube rules and regs are getting beyond a joke. Perhaps we should all tell them where to go and switch to another Video Site.
Daily Motion works work with Kodi, as I'm sure do many others. Perhaps if content creators started using another platform, Google would shut up a bit, but who knows.
Anyway, not why I came here, lol. I was wondering perhaps if someone were to make a good tutorial on doing the API Keys, I have one on my Pseudo TV Live Fan Page on Facebook, but I doubt many people get to see that.
Cheers
Oz
i did not manage to sign in after years of working yt on kodi.
does double signin mean, i need 2 api-accounts or what?
i just got the info from g00gle, that the application is blocked. wtf is going on here?
@masinga
Nah, you don't need to APIs, you just need to do the 2 device log ins. When you do the configuration setup from the YouTube app it should tell you of the two login procedure and give you a code.
then you go to https://google.com/device and enter the first code. follow the prompts from google and the fist code should disappear from Kodi and then give you code 2.
again go to https://google.com/device and enter the second code, it will tell you something is wrong but just click the tab that says proceed anyway, and hopefully the second code should disappear from Kodi and you are ready to go.
hope that helps.
Oz
@masinga & @OzDrDj

Prior to going through the 2 device logins it is assumed :

1) You have created via your Google Developer account an API Key, Client ID (of type "TV and Limited Input) & secret key.  (Three things!!!)  Like this:

2) And you have also entered these three pieces of information into the configuration page of the YouTube addon.

This basically bypasses the standard Google login mechanism.

It's a developer back door API into YouTube and should not really be used.  It avoids advertising and when Google has had enough of that, this mechanism will be taken away.
Now that I have YouTube running can anyone tell me how do I access my regular YouTube home page or video recommendation page.

None of the displayed videos in this YouTube app match my regular YouTube recommendations.  I'm getting offered a  lot of Indian, Afghani content and that's not the part of the world I'm in.

The "My Subscriptions" page works well I'm just missing the normal recommendation page!
It's so confusing and I never could get it to work. So I just copy the plugin.video.youtube folder I backed up 3 years ago to my userdata folder and it works on every Kodi install I have.
Has anyone ran into an issue with MPEG-DASH enabled, the video stops downloading after a few seconds of playback and then exits back to the main screen?
It seems to stop buffering after around 30-40 seconds. With MPEG-DASH disabled, the video buffers all the way through and you can play until the end, but limited to 720p.

EDIT: Github says it'll be fixed on the next release.
can somebody help me, after the second code input there is followig error:

Zugriff blockiert: Die Überprüfung von kodi-yt durch Google wurde nicht abgeschlossen
[email protected]
kodi-yt hat die Überprüfung durch Google nicht abgeschlossen. Die App wird gerade getestet und nur die vom Entwickler genehmigten Tester haben Zugriff. Wenn Sie Ihrer Meinung nach Zugriff haben sollten, können Sie sich an den Entwickler wenden.
Wenn Sie Entwickler von kodi-yt sind, finden Sie in den Fehlerdetails weitere Informationen.
Fehler 403: access_denied

there is no way to skip this one.
Is this the end?
I have installed the latest nightly (LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20231219-865d980.img.gz) on the Raspberry Pi 5. So far so good. But now the problems start: I am not able to install the Youtube addon via the official repository. If I try to do so, inputstream.adaptive is there as a dependency and I get the message "The dependency on inputstream.adaptive version 20.3.1 could not be satisfied" 

I tried to install the following zip files from Github: inputstream.adaptive-21.4.0-Omega and inputstream.ffmpegdirect-21.2.0-Omega (I dragged both files to the Pi via ssh) and receive the message: "Installing the Add-on from zip file ... failed due to an invalid structure"

I don't know what to do from here. Is it not possible to install the Youtube add-on?

Edit: For all those who are facing the same problem: the installation must be done via the distributor's repository, otherwise it will not work
Hello.
I have already one Kodi device (actually a Vero4k running OSMC) which has a fully working (so far!) Youtube add-on.
Recently I've got a 2nd TV that I can use with a a 2nd Kodi device (likely a Raspberry pi 4) where I'd like to have have the Youtube add-on as well, possibly configured to use the same Google account as the first one (so it will see the same subscriptions).
Is it possible to do it? Do I need to add anything to the Google account, like a new set of API keys?
(2023-12-15, 08:58)WallyZ Wrote: [ -> ]Now that I have YouTube running can anyone tell me how do I access my regular YouTube home page or video recommendation page.

None of the displayed videos in this YouTube app match my regular YouTube recommendations.  I'm getting offered a  lot of Indian, Afghani content and that's not the part of the world I'm in.

The "My Subscriptions" page works well I'm just missing the normal recommendation page!

I found the same. I have been using the addon for a long time and I dont think the Recommendation folder ever worked in my setup.
The Subscriptions folder works well, I can also access my YT playlists etc (hence my login and API keys appear to be ok), however the Recommendations folder is missing. In the addon config, the Reco folder is enabled, but still the folder doesn't show.
Any hint on this?
Anyone here running an rpi4b and having issues with YT after latest LibreELEC update? I had no issues with YT until i did an update recently. videos are not playing back and are lagging, pausing, stopping after a minute. i noticed videos are not being capped at 1080p 30fps and noticing videos playing at 1080p 60fps which pi4b can't handle decoding.

I didnt change any settings but it seems either input stream adaptive settings changed or something to do with YT encoding? anyone having similar issues and willing to share their player or system settings for rpi4b would be greatly appreciated
Getting the login exception 401 error, invalid client... had it years ago (LINK) and having it again. Not sure the issue this time.

Gave up and blew away the API stuff that I used for years and recreated new (twice) following this guide (LINK) but still getting the error. I get the pop-up securtity on my tablet where I pick which number correseponds to what the PC says, and everything goes as it should, until back to KODI where the pop-up vanishes and gives me this error again. 

Recreated twice, plus tried my original which use to work, using that remote thing where I can copy/paste the API keys over, and checked they were the same and no spaces at the start/end... TVs and limited inpute devices.... Huh

Will wait a few hours and try again in case really slow at updating but otherwise, any suggestions?

EDIT 1 - Waited a few hours, Step1 worked fine, 2nd authentication however says (on my PC) 

Kodi YouTube has not completed the Google verification process. The app is currently being tested, and can only be accessed by developer-approved testers. If you think you should have access, contact the developer.

On Kodi the screen is still at the pop-up for second sign in.

EDIT 2 - Went back to OAUTH screen and published it. Give's a saftey/access error during authentication but click continue anyway.
(2023-08-27, 07:03)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-27, 05:45)amitanubha Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
I am new to this addon and I tried latest release in coreelec / kodi 20.3 nightly and getting api key error when I activate thru signin
Even on Google tv using kodi 21.Cz nightly same error of api key
Is something recently broken or I am not installing / configuring correctly
Kindly point me in right direction or link or debug steps

Just In Case you haven't got it, Try the Latest Version, https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
and in case your API key is not right. https://howtofirestick.com/
Hope that helps.
and it will work for sure right?