Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-05-06, 20:25)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget look on top of page, because there are some addings in 6.8.27 comparing with 7.0.2

I just downloaded your plugin.video.youtube-6.8.27-alpha7-Leia.zip file.

Where are any added instructions you mentioned?
On the top of previous page
And I mean not added instructions, I mean added functions
(2023-05-06, 20:42)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]On the top of previous page
And I mean not added instructions, I mean added functions

Ok I read #1861 Big Grin

I will try this zip on the newly released AlexElec.tv AE3.3.6 ( Kodi 18.9) after some of my own configuration!
I throw fast look and tested Sky Fox on Kodi Leia with my 6.8.27alpha7 and forced it to work.
Those guys on Youtube (or Sky Fox maybe - I don't know exactly) just changed fallback video ID.
That ID is hardcoded in "skynews.py", so after change it to right one stream started play. I think, there are more changes, but I'm not a developer of that addon, it's better to ask him. anyway, changing only fallback ID turns addon back in business
P.S. I have the same pain in a$$ with Euronews addon and change its video ID from time to time on regular basis
So, Matrix official support has been stopped and I won't get update with fixed version, right?

But still there are fresh commits in Matrix branch:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ree/matrix

Please clarify, Matrix is still supported by addon maintainers or not?
I have no idea, honestly saying, but it seems to me they also backport Nexus version.
Interestingly, their backport (6.8.26alpha5) is older than backport of Leia command (6.8.26alpha7)
Anyway Youtube created real headach, that's why addon remains still in alpha stage
Well, answer is here:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/413

No more Matrix. Shame.
I believe, I can share Matrix version too. Just give a couple of hours.
Well, here are links:

Youtube ver. 6.8.27alpha7 for Leia

fixed: error when Mysql stuff doesn't install on device

Youtube ver. 6.8.27alpha7 for Matrix
AS of 8 hours ago, I was having major buffering issues again on YouTube Plugin, anyone else?
(2023-05-08, 01:38)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]AS of 8 hours ago, I was having major buffering issues again on YouTube Plugin, anyone else?

No problems here on the latest Nexus version. You didn't mention what version of the addon you are using.
Latest Version from GitHub installed last night as the buffering issues started, wasn;t on all channels though. Example, Streaming from True Crime Recaps, no problems, probably not a really huge channel, but the, anything from Fail Army, would stutter and glitch instantly, Tinkernut, was fine, Rob Gavagan, buffering instantly.  It was a good 75% of the youtube channels I watch that would glitch.
plugin.video.youtube-7.0.2.alpha7.zip
I just don't understand that if the Leia backport is based on the 7.0 patches, why is the version number 6.x, and moreover why is it "6.8.27"? The last stable version was 6.8.25, so this version jump to 6.8.27 is also not understandable.

Compared to the previous ones, an official 6.8.26 is still being prepared for the Matrix version, which is currently in 6.8.26~alpha5 stage:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../7.x.x-dev

Regarding Matrix, it is currently NOT TRUE that StrangeAlien's v6.8.27~alpha7 is newer than the official anxdpanic's 6.8.26~alpha5.
There should be some consistency in the version numbering by third party developers/modders for the Leia and/or Matrix backport, because it's a bit of a mess.
"Regarding Matrix, it is currently NOT TRUE that StrangeAlien's v6.8.27~alpha7 is newer than the official anxdpanic's 6.8.26~alpha5."

Thanks for that bit of info. i'll stick with ANXDPANICs Versions from github.
Can You don't post things You don't know and don't understand please?
official anxdpanic's 6.8.26~alpha5 based on alpha 5 as this is shown in it's name; it works, but has many limitations, that why alpha6 & 7 were released. Mine based on alpha7, so it's definitely newer. I explained this on previous pages, so it's good idea to read some part of topic before blindlessly clamp on keyboard.
Now about version number. Basic version is 6.8.25 it doesn't work for now. There is improved version 6.8.26 on Github, that number gave it maintainer. I made some adding against that version and increase its number by 1 obviously, again, I explain it on previous pages. So once more, maybe it's wise idea ask me about all that stuff  instead of blindlessly clamp on keyboard?