Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2024-02-22, 05:21)lennyceb1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the information on needing to install the latest version of PLUGIN.VIDEO.YOUTUBE-MASTER.ZIP. I installed the Zip file update in Kodi. The first time I ran Youtube, I received the error message about having exceeded my time limit. Subsequent attempts were simply blocked as noted in my initial post. I was simply sent to the same screen as noted before with NO error message. I have an API key in the API settings screen along with the Client ID and the Client Secret. I obtained the new API last night. At this point, I have no idea what to do next.
I don't know if this is the best way.

It is what I did for me.
  1. backup folder "userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube"
  2. uninstall "plugin.video.youtube" and his settings
  3. install "plugin.video.youtube" 7.0.3 Beta 3 ( Beta 4 is out now)
  4. restore from your backup the file "api_keys.json" under "userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube"  ("api_keys.json" store all your original key. So don't need to create new one)
  5. Restart Kodi
  6. launch Youtube. Then google code will be show and must be validate with "http://google.com/device".
that is all.
(2024-02-23, 20:47)Nanomani Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-02-22, 05:21)lennyceb1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the information on needing to install the latest version of PLUGIN.VIDEO.YOUTUBE-MASTER.ZIP. I installed the Zip file update in Kodi. The first time I ran Youtube, I received the error message about having exceeded my time limit. Subsequent attempts were simply blocked as noted in my initial post. I was simply sent to the same screen as noted before with NO error message. I have an API key in the API settings screen along with the Client ID and the Client Secret. I obtained the new API last night. At this point, I have no idea what to do next.

It is what I did for me.
  4. restore from your backup the file "api_keys.json" under "userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube"  ("api_keys.json" store all your original key. So don't need to create new one)
  5. Restart Kodi
  6. launch Youtube. Then google code will be show and must be validate with "http://google.com/device".
that is all.
The problem I had was that there was no api_keys.json file, so I had to go through the process of creating a new API key, client ID, and client secret, and entering those in the settings using the GUI.  Then I still had to do step 6, but it popped up two different codes that I had to enter. NOW I have an api_keys.json but in the old version I was using the keys were stored in different files in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib (that is the path in Ubuntu Linux).

If anyone else is in the same situation and wants to try your existing API key, client ID, and client secret, the format for "api_keys.json" (which in Ubuntu goes in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube) looks like this:

Code:
{
    "keys": {
        "developer": {},
        "personal": {
            "api_key": "YOUR API KEY",
            "client_id": "YOUR CLIENT ID WITHOUT THE '.apps.googleusercontent.com' ENDING",
            "client_secret": "YOUR CLIENT SECRET"
        }
    }
}
I have something weird going on the last days. i turn on my kodi box around 5-6 PM and watch a couple or YT video's, then it stays on because i use it in the evening for my own content. Then 2 days ago i wanted to watch some YT video at 1 AM at night.  But there were no YT video's visible anymore, like none!  And last night the same thing, i rebooted the box at 2 AM at night tried reloading YT plugin but nothing. At first i thought the connection to internet was gone maybe but that's not it. 

And ofcourse now YT works fine again...but it isen't night yet.  so i'm like WHAT?
(2024-02-23, 20:47)Nanomani Wrote: [ -> ]

It is what I did for me.
  5. Restart Kodi
that is all.

Thanks YouTube 7.0.3 Beta 3 has worked 2 hours today and now exceeded my time limit nothing works can´t start.
i uninstall everything restart install clean YouTube Beta 4 on first Setup setting of the language comes Quota exceeded it does not go on then.
(2023-03-17, 00:39)brainwaster Wrote: [ -> ]I'vr reset yoitube to defaults so there are o api keys in and tried to sign in. I still get the error

error 401 invalid_client (invalid client type)

So it doesnt seem to be key related. Anyone have any ideas ?

I just started getting this same error. I uninstalled the plug in and its data, installed the latest Beta 4, copied my API key file back, and it gets to signing in. It only asks me to activate one device code and immediately gives me this same error code. Any ideas? My API keys and the plug in itself have been working fine until today, which is what prompted me to uninstall/reinstall it.

EDIT: Okay, seems I might have it working now. I created a fresh OAuth ID with the device type "TVs and Limited Input devices" and those credentials seem to now work. No idea why my previous client ID suddenly caused a problem.
I've been using this addon for years and seen it get waylaid every so often by Google changes so I wasn't overly concerned when I started getting the "Player response failed for video_id" error tonight. As per this forum I updated to 7.0.3 beta 4, and I did the double Google sign-in, but now I can't get the YouTube addon to start at all. It just fails immediately with the following log info. Any idea what is going on?

Code:

2024-02-24 00:05:15.384 T:26453 info <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.3+beta.4+matrix.unofficial.1) on Nexus (Kodi-20.4) with Python 3.11.2
Path: /
Params: {}
2024-02-24 00:05:15.453 T:26453 warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2024-02-24 00:05:15.467 T:26453 error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'ListItemInfoTag' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 17, in <module>
plugin_runner.run(youtube.Provider())
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/plugin_runner.py", line 60, in run
__PLUGIN__.run(provider, context)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/plugin/xbmc/xbmc_plugin.py", line 88, in run
items = [
^
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/plugin/xbmc/xbmc_plugin.py", line 89, in <listcomp>
directory_listitem(context, item, show_fanart)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/items/xbmc/xbmc_items.py", line 382, in directory_listitem
set_info_tag(list_item, item_info, 'video')
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/compatibility/__init__.py", line 17, in set_info_tag
return ListItemInfoTag(listitem, tag_type)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NameError: name 'ListItemInfoTag' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
7.0.3 beta 4 with API key works now but´t double Google sign-in ending whith Error 403: access_denied The app is currently being tested, and can only be accessed by developer-approved testers. If you think you should have access, contact the developer. If you are a developer of Kodi Youtube addon, see error details.
Error 403: access_denied

i deleted under "userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube" :

access_manager.json
api_keys.json
settings.xml

and install 7.0.3 beta 4   "api_keys.json" don´t store Api key I had to write it in settings.xml only after that it worked again.

<setting id="youtube.api.key">123456</setting>
    <setting id="youtube.api.id">654321</setting>
    <setting id="youtube.api.secret">789456</setting>
i don´t now how to edit my post her but double Google sign-in ending with Error 403: access_denied the problem is still there
Hello i had this error s well and tried 7.0.3 beta 5 and had to sign in again but it worked again thank goodness  Big Grin
Hello,

I have noticed that, for a while now, the only version available in the Kodi Add-on repo is 7.0.2.2. Is there a more up to date repo for auto-update? It's annoying having to always update manually.

Thanks!
Please describe how to we use correctly the new subtitle setting in v 7.0.3.2:

1. User enter subtitle settings of the addon and set "All available"
2. User open a clip in the YouTube addon and see multiple available subtitles: "human ones" and auto-generated ones
3. Selected video start playing with English subtitles by default.

Question: How to set preferences in wich order subtitles to be preferred? Let's say our Kodi installation is set to French. We want original french subtitles, or if not available to be choosed original English subtitles, or if not available auto-translated French or if not available auto-translated English subtitles. How we can set such preferences?
does the API config page not work anymore? (http://<IP of Kodi device>:<port>/api)

i get:

Code:

Error response

Error code: 501

Error code explanation: 501 - Server does not support this operation.

it was working before i updated to latest from 7.0.2.2