Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having issues, which were fixed installing the beta version, however I can't get History to appear.

I disabled the folder, rebooted, enabled, rebooted and still not showing. All other folders to my knowledge seem to be fine.
Since google decided to let the older api die, my streams also died. From time to time (and with the select stream option) I was able to select lower resolutions to show but now nothing works any longer.

I am on beta2 with my own API key, maybe my limits exceeded, but I can't tell - where should I look at?

Here is my debug log - because of the size I had to use one that only supports a hold of one day:

https://privatebin.net/?49bf321f798d268a...mFYEuQV58K
@THRobinson 
I have to look into history and recommendations (connected), to see if they are salvageable without the discontinued api.

@-Riffer- 
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
(2020-12-09, 10:07)THRobinson Wrote: [ -> ]I was having issues, which were fixed installing the beta version, however I can't get History to appear.

I disabled the folder, rebooted, enabled, rebooted and still not showing. All other folders to my knowledge seem to be fine.

Yep, it seems History folder is gone. On Both: OSMC and Windows 10. Kodi 18.9, Youtube version 6.8.9.beta2
(2020-12-09, 00:21)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]6.8.8+M.1 working here on Beta 2 (without logging into YT so not looking at subs or recs etc).  I did kill my YT project a couple weeks ago and create a new one to get around quota exceeded.

I see that  settings / general / items per page spinner seems to be broken.  (if I get a chance will look at your settings.xml code).

scott s.
OK there is a bug in settings.xml

xml:
<setting id="kodion.content.max_per_page" type="integer" label="30022" help="">
                    <level>0</level>
                    <default>9</default>
                    <constraints>
                        <options>
                            <option label="5">0</option>
                            <option label="10">1</option>
                            <option label="15">2</option>
                            <option label="20">3</option>
                            <option label="25">4</option>
                            <option label="30">5</option>
                            <option label="35">6</option>
                            <option label="40">7</option>
                            <option label="45">8</option>
                            <option label="50">9</option>
                        </options>
                    </constraints>
                    <control type="spinner" format="string"/>
                </setting>

The setting for "kodion.content.max_per_page" has literals for the option labels.  This isn't allowed.  It must be a reference to an entry in (preferably) your localized strings.po.

scott s.
@scott967 

I used the settings conversion script and didn't notice any issue, so thanks for tracking it down. 
Actually looks like this should use;
Code:
<minimum>5</minimum>
<step>5</step>
<maximum>50</maximum>
Will double check that and get a new beta out next chance I get.
hello, what to fill in the line <setting id="youtube.folder.history.playlist">[insert history playlist ID]</setting> to show the history playlist?

and whats the different between plugin.video.youtube-6.8.9.beta2 and plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.8.9.beta2?
Is something new broken with the addon? Suddenly today I can't get into the addon by any method... Kodi just sits there forever saying "Working...". I'm using 6.8.9~beta2 and it was working fine when I went to bed last night. I have Kodi 18.9 sideloaded on an Insignia Fire Edition TV. I tried deleting the function and data cache in the addon settings but it didn't help.

UPDATE: Never mind... seems to have been YouTube's fault. Working fine again now.
(2020-12-10, 02:18)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@scott967 

I used the settings conversion script and didn't notice any issue, so thanks for tracking it down. 
Actually looks like this should use;
Code:
<minimum>5</minimum>
<step>5</step>
<maximum>50</maximum>
Will double check that and get a new beta out next chance I get.

Looks good.  Obviously you don't want to localize string representations of numbers

scott s.
Hello, I am having a rather serious issue with the Youtube addon, and I hope someone could assist me in fixing it.

I thought I saw a post about a similar issue, but I can't seem to find it now so not sure if I just dreamed others were having the same issue?

The "My Subscriptions" doesn't load, doesn't show any videos there, etc.. - That started a week or so ago.

Now, also the "Recommendations" section isn't working either, telling me to check the logs. In the log, it appears to just show that it failed, but I can upload a log if that helps.

I have tried to uninstall it, delete the folders on the system, reinstall it, update it, update the system, etc... all to no avail.

I am running kodi v 18.9, on linux mint and the youtube addon is v 6.8.8

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
(2020-12-12, 14:51)KillinTime Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am having a rather serious issue with the Youtube addon, and I hope someone could assist me in fixing it.

I thought I saw a post about a similar issue, but I can't seem to find it now so not sure if I just dreamed others were having the same issue?

The "My Subscriptions" doesn't load, doesn't show any videos there, etc.. - That started a week or so ago.

Now, also the "Recommendations" section isn't working either, telling me to check the logs. In the log, it appears to just show that it failed, but I can upload a log if that helps.

I have tried to uninstall it, delete the folders on the system, reinstall it, update it, update the system, etc... all to no avail.

Install 6.8.9-beta 2
(2020-12-12, 14:51)KillinTime Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am having a rather serious issue with the Youtube addon, and I hope someone could assist me in fixing it.

It has been discussed here in detail over the past week or so. All you had to do was click back a couple of forum pages.
Hi,

When i run some youtube videos i get a black screen and a message from the screen telling me that it cannot display the content ...

For other videos no problem: /.

Try to change all the parameters that I could on TV and kodi and try with a second screens, not success....

example:

Works: DRAGONY - Golden Dawn (Official Lyric Video) | Napalm Records

Does not work: Frog Leap Studios

kodi 18.7 raspbian, raspberry pi 4 4go (512mo gpu)

Thanks, Smile
I added my most watched YouTube saved playlists to Kodi's favorites and put them on my home screen as widgets before the API changes. I'm glad that those favorited playlists still work but obviously I couldn't navigate into the saved playlists section anymore (empty now). I hope saved playlists will be working again if a workaround is found, like how you fixed the subscriptions. Thank you for your hard work!
@vladis - your thread has been merged into the main YouTube support thread (the post is on the previous page to this one, at the bottom).

Just in case you were wondering where it had gone.