Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-05-08, 15:49)dtechsrv Wrote: [ -> ]You misunderstood something in what I wrote earlier, and I don't understand your reaction at all. I simply asked you not to use versioning that makes no sense.

If you don't want to publish the source code in a simple way where anyone can compare it with the previous one, that's fine. However, many unnecessary questions can be avoided with this step.
Using GitHub is not that complicated, and it would also help you if you wanted to compare the changes in your code with, for example, yesterday's version or an earlier one.

And there's no point in getting offended, that wasn't my goal at all. If you approach it constructively, it would solve a lot of things.

I think the question or problem is that on andxpanic, versions since 7 are python 3 only, so MIGHT load on Matrix but probably throw exceptions from Nexus changes.  So 6.8.25 was last official version pre-Nexus.  But since then there is in Isengard branch a 6.8.26 currently at ~alpha.7 that is python 2 and Matrix branch a 6.8.26 at ~alpha.5 that is python 3.  So I think that is where folks get confused.  Probably would be better if Matrix went to 6.9.0 or something just to make clear.

scott s.
Last night, There were 2 Updates for InputStream Helper and InputStream Adaptive, Since installing these I had no Buffering Issues with YouTube again. I don't know the correlation, but hey, whatever works baby!
(2023-05-09, 01:16)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Last night, There were 2 Updates for InputStream Helper and InputStream Adaptive, Since installing these I had no Buffering Issues with YouTube again. I don't know the correlation, but hey, whatever works baby!

Yes, I got those updates too, but I wasn't having any buffering issues before the updates.
Well, I tried those 2 example videos from Your post, but they work for me without any problem.
I can't test PVR case because I don't have any tuner in system, hence I don't have PVR installed
So I ask You for some link(s) to non-PVR video You have problem with
Fixed error in logging "Failed to get player response for video_id", so everyone who installed

6.28.27alpha7 for Kodi Leia

6.28.27alpha7 for Kodi Matrix

please download it again and reinstall
I am still having key issues. Kodi keeps truncating the key as if it's too long. Am I supposed to cut out everything before the dash? Ex:

xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I downloaded the new 'zip' file (plugin.video.youtube-6.8.27-alpha7-Matrix.zip) and installed it again on both my x86 and Odroid (C4) units. (all running LibreElec 10.0.4   Kodi 19.5 Matrix)

Everything still working...
(2023-05-09, 08:34)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I tried those 2 example videos from Your post, but they work for me without any problem.
I can't test PVR case because I don't have any tuner in system, hence I don't have PVR installed
So I ask You for some link(s) to non-PVR video You have problem with

@StrangeAlien

I tried your latest alpha 7 from #1910, and both PVR and non PVR YouTube videos seem to work !

However I keep getting a these error messages:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/BfkbLJ8

I guess that is still that no MySQL issue?
Would 'this' announcement affect the add-on ?

https://www.neowin.net/news/youtube-conf...-the-site/
I don't think so. Kodi plugin uses official api from Google. Nothing will change unless Google will change their api
it's quite strange error and it tells about some another process just has access to database of addon. Usually it points to improper quit from addon earlier.
I suggest reboot device; since You,  as I suppose, have that problem on Android TV, you have to make power cycle, i.e. turn off TV, pull out power cord from wall outlet, wait a couple of minutes, then put all things back
(2023-05-11, 20:17)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]it's quite strange error and it tells about some another process just has access to database of addon. Usually it points to improper quit from addon earlier.
I suggest reboot device; since You,  as I suppose, have that problem on Android TV, you have to make power cycle, i.e. turn off TV, pull out power cord from wall outlet, wait a couple of minutes, then put all things back

@StrangeAlien

Well I rebooted my x96mini tv box with AE3.3.5 as usual today; then rebooted.

Still the same occasional errors. I suppose these will go away with some new update !
@StrangeAlien,
Hi there, I notice you seem vested in the support of the YouTube Plugin, where as I can't get a reply from the original developer. Do you know if it is possible to get the Youtube plugin to randomize the Youtube Playlists?
I use the YouTube plugin to grab a playlist and drop it into a channel on Pseudo TV Live, So when it updates everyday, I get the same 10 or 20 episodes in a row out of the thousand plus which could be on a channel, like failarmy for example.
If the YouTube app could grab a list of however many and randomize them, or pick random channels out, that would be fantastic. I don't know if I ask the impossible, but it would be good.
Github is a right place for that, I believe. I would open new issue as a "Feature request"
is this addon flooding anyone elses log file?

the addon works fine, but i was looking at the logs (for an unrelated issue) and noticed that the log was over 2000 lines, mostly filled with youtube error log statements

v7.0.1 on kodi 20.1