Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-07-03, 09:47)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Did You try switch to "Alternate #3" in addon's "Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "Use alternate client details"?
Yes, I tried that as you suggested, but it did not work. However, if I take off MPEG Dash, then it works, but the 1080p YT channels can only play at 720p instead of 1080p. Maybe it's an issue with Newsmax? I even used the Windows "cast" feature from Windows File Explorer and it does the same thing. I am not sure what else I can do to resolve this. Sad

Regards,

Shedrock
(2023-07-04, 00:54)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I tried that as you suggested, but it did not work. However, if I take off MPEG Dash, then it works, but the 1080p YT channels can only play at 720p instead of 1080p. Maybe it's an issue with Newsmax? I even used the Windows "cast" feature from Windows File Explorer and it does the same thing. I am not sure what else I can do to resolve this. Sad

Regards,

Shedrock
I don't know way You watch that channel (maybe there is addon or whatelse), but I tried watch newsmax just from search and it definitely works for me in "Alternate 3" & "Alternate 2" modes without turning off MPEG-DASH. So, check InputStream version: it should be 2.4.8 keeping in mind You are on Leia.
(2023-07-03, 14:27)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]This may be of interest. On my Intel NUC, Windows 11, Matrix 19.5, Sky News recently started to stutter within a minute of streaming. I have disabled MPEG-DASH and all is now well.

On another matter, I am using version 6.8.27-alpha7. Is there another version for Nexus 20.2 (to which I wish to upgrade) or should I use the same one?
It's a problem with InputStream, not with Youtube. You can't do nothing unfortunately Sad It should be just fine with Nexus and appropriate version of its InputStream and Youtube 7.0.2-alpha7
(2023-07-04, 09:19)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-03, 14:27)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]This may be of interest. On my Intel NUC, Windows 11, Matrix 19.5, Sky News recently started to stutter within a minute of streaming. I have disabled MPEG-DASH and all is now well.

On another matter, I am using version 6.8.27-alpha7. Is there another version for Nexus 20.2 (to which I wish to upgrade) or should I use the same one?
It's a problem with InputStream, not with Youtube. You can't do nothing unfortunately Sad It should be just fine with Nexus and appropriate version of its InputStream and Youtube 7.0.2-alpha7

Thank you @StrangeAlien for your reply. Can you tell me if YouTube 7.0.2-alpha7 will automatically be loaded when installing Nexus 20.2 or must it be sourced from somewhere else?
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...alpha7.zip
Please pay attention: it's for Nexus only, it doesn't work on Leia nor Matrix
As for install: since it is alpha version, i.e. for test purposes, it can't be installed automatically, which means You should install it from .zip file, the same way You did it for 6.8.27-alpha7
(2023-07-04, 12:42)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...alpha7.zip
Please pay attention: it's for Nexus only, it doesn't work on Leia nor Matrix
As for install: since it is alpha version, i.e. for test purposes, it can't be installed automatically, which means You should install it from .zip file, the same way You did it for 6.8.27-alpha7

A perfect reply. Thank you.
(2023-07-04, 09:15)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know way You watch that channel (maybe there is addon or whatelse), but I tried watch newsmax just from search and it definitely works for me in "Alternate 3" & "Alternate 2" modes without turning off MPEG-DASH. So, check InputStream version: it should be 2.4.8 keeping in mind You are on Leia.

I am using 2.4.8.1 but nothing has changed. I'll keep playing around with the setting to see if it helps.

Regards,

Shedrock
I see other users having different problems. Does that mean that you all were able to generate the API key and secret?
(2023-06-07, 11:44)xenophrenia Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to get back the video length on the list view?

I really don't need to know I watched the video in HD AFTER the fact - but now I can't t6ell how long videos are after the Kodi update and I decide what to watch sometimes based on how long a video is - now it's gone - is that from the Kodi update or an update to the YouTube app?
@xenophrenia Have you solved your issue and which version of YT addon are you using (and which ones have you tried)?
I have also recently upgraded Kodi from 19 to 20 and was puzzled by that change.
Hi boys.......... i have a lot of issue whit this ADDONS........
Recently i have buy a new hardware for using kodi.
It's a Intel NUC whit ubuntu 22.04.2 and i have installed KODI 20.2.
All works good but i can't understand.

I have ADD this youtube add-on......... currently the 7.0.2 alpha 7 but i have this strange issue.
I have correcly setup my API keys....... i can login to obtain all "My Subscription" and also "My Subscription (filtered)" but apparently NOT ALL channels i'm subscripted it's be appears in both section.
How it's possible !?!?! Only some channels i'm subscripted it's appears and it's appears in a completely random order........... how i can fix this issue !?!??!

I'm also have a KODI installation on my current windows 10 PC....... here's i can't reproduce this issue......... it's ubuntu the problems ?!!?

*EDIT*

@anxdpanic... omg a very similar issue appears here about two years ago:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3071377

Noone apparently know a solution.............. how it's fixable this issue ?

*EDIT 2*
Read kodi.log from my Ubuntu setup....... this is paste of entire file here:
https://pastebin.com/asKPyUmi

Look the many errors related youtube addons....... apparently some issue whit ssl or similar.......... how i can fix ?
Hi

using Arctic Horizon 2 skin and when i enter the Movie details page you press down to bring up cast and recommendations , i get this message everytime

Youtube: accessNotConfigured  saying to get my own api

Is there a way to not get this message while still keeping youtube and not getting my own api?

thanks
NVM I was entering the wrong set of keys.
I have open an issue on github......... currently Master Brach not more play any video from every section:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...1642612927

@anxdpanic or other can report if the current version it's works ?
"Content Not Available On This App"

Thank You to whoever fixed this problem....Appreciate You. Hell Yeah.
I've been having issues with profile switching in the plugin lately. I mean the "Switch User" option in the plugin itself, not Kodi profiles. I have my YT account set up under the Default profile, and my girlfriend's under a profile with her name.

The first problem is that when I tried to change "Default" to my name, it just switched back to Default the next time I loaded the app.

The second problem is that when I'm watching something on my profile (Default), it always switches back to her profile. I mean that if I start a video from Default, by the time the video is over I'll be logged into her profile instead. So she has a bunch of my videos in her history, and my history shows I've only watched the first few minutes of videos I've watched all the way through. It's very frustrating. What's going on here?