Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Full addon for Kodi Leia ver.6.8.27alpha7;  differences from 6.8.26alpha5:

- it's adaptation of 7.0.2alpha7 for Nexus
- default client setting are the same as in my previous patch, i.e. HD and auto subtitels work both.
- default settings from Nexus version present too, but they are renamed as Alternate 3
- Settings Alternate 1 and Alternate 2 are same as from 7.0.2
- Multiroom mode without login into account added
What I mean:
One can start playback file on one device, stop it and resume playback on another device

You need common MariaDB database set for videos for all devices

How to use:
1. Start playback on device #1 until You need to switch devices
2. Stop playback
3. Enter into appropriate folder on device #2 (It's important!-> If You are just in the same folder, reenter it, e.g. make one step up to the parent folder then step back)
4. You will see resume point, so You can resume playback from there You stopped on device #1
What version should I use for Matrix? Can I update from 6.8.25+matrix.1 or clean install is required?
Since I tested on Leia only, I'm not 100 % sure, so backup Your existing plugin before You try. It should work, I think.
What is working on Matrix is 6.8.26alpha5, but it has limited possibilities
It doesn't need clean install, simple update is enough
Do I need version you posted or release from github? That's not clear which one is for Matrix, Nexus or Leia? Which file should I use for Matrix?

My current version does not work anymore, it only throws message movie is not available on this device
6.8.26alpha5 from Github declared as addon for Matrix

6.8.27alpha7 from above was tested on Leia, but I think should work on Matrix too. But "I think" not equal "I'm sure" Undecided . You can try if You want and post result here, but make backup before Your try, please

If You don't like risk, 6.8.26alpha5 plays limited list of files and has problems with subtitles and music videos as well, but it is better than nothing
Two things. 

Firstly, 6.8.27alpha7 does not work on Matrix.

Secondly, has Sky News been removed from the Kodi Repository? It no longer works properly and I put it down to the current problems but now see it is not in the Video Add-ons section of the repository. I am asking here because Sky News on Kodi is normally available via YouTube.
Thank You for Your info about 6.8.27alpha7. May I ask for log?

Since I see Sky News on Leia repository, it seems like that addon doesn't work on Matrix, so they remove it from Matrix repository
(2023-05-06, 16:49)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Thank You for Your info about 6.8.27alpha7. May I ask for log?

Since I see Sky News on Leia repository, it seems like that addon doesn't work on Matrix, so they remove it from Matrix repository

I have been watching Sky News on Matrix 19.5 since Matrix was released. It has only stopped working properly in the last few days.

I think the problem with 6.8.27alpha7 not working on Matrix 19.5 is due to the different Python code.
I have some info about Python, You know Smile
But I tried not to use Python 2 exclusive operations, so I'm interesting what goes wrong. Keeping in mind I don't have Matrix device, I have to ask somebody using it give me logs
@StrangeAlien

Thanks for your continued work 🐱

1. I see there are several versions you have floated for Leia and Matrix...

Which is the latest and greatest version for Leia devices ? Alpha7?

2. Does anyone know if the latest YouTube version solves the "video not available" and related issues being discussed for Nexus? Which "latest" version ?
I haven't any Matrix dedicated version. That version, I mean 6.8.26alpha5 is from Github guys.
I did Leia oriented patch for 6.8.25, based on Nexus version 7.0.2alpha6, but nobody told is it applicable for Matrix
Now I made a full bunch of files to simple install  addon in Leia, based on 7.0.2alpha7, including select set of client setting, that wasn't implement in patch
So answer is:
1. 6.8.27alpha7 from above is the latest and best for Leia
2. Official latest (not mine, again) for Matrix is 6.8.26alpha5 but it's very old and full of limitations
3. Some guys, as I now, tried on Matrix original addon + my patch for Leia, but I don't know was it successful or not because of lack of response
4. 7.0.2alpha7,  i.e. prototype for 6.8.27alpha7, is the latest and the best for Nexus
@StrangeAlien

Ok, ...
----
Now I made a full bunch of files to simple install addon in Leia, based on 7.0.2alpha7, including select set of client setting, that wasn't implement in patch..
-----

1. Do you mean to say that your bunch of files is the best solution for Leia, or as you listed later, YouTube plugin 7.0.2alpha7 is the best version for Leia ?

If the answer is your bunch of files, is your addon now available? Latest link ? Wink

2. So yes alpha7 is the current best solution for Nexus.
Oh, I'm sorry for mispell, I corrected my post. The best for Leia is 6.8.27alpha7, of course

The link to 6.8.27 is on the top of this page, I can repeat it here: ver.6.8.27alpha7
Since I'm not always keep clear, here are instructions:  Smile
Download .zip file and install/update addon as usual using Kodi's "Install from zip file"
(2023-05-06, 20:00)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I'm sorry for mispell, I corrected my post. The best for Leia is 6.8.27alpha7, of course

The link to 6.8.27 is on the top of this page, I can repeat it here: ver.6.8.27alpha7
Since I'm not always keep clear, here are instructions:  Smile
Download .zip file and install/update addon as usual using Kodi's "Install from zip file"

Thanks! I will check this in a couple days once my other updates are in order 👻
Don't forget look on top of page, because there are some addings in 6.8.27 comparing with 7.0.2