Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
cool- I don't know how to apply the fix so I''ll just wait for the fix
(2024-03-19, 01:41)nycguy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello when using my playlist, I can not remove a video.    I have to press refresh every time to remove it.   Any ideas?  Thanks for everything

I think that’s done on purpose . Before this release the "cursor" jumped to the top of the list everytime a playlist entry has been deleted and this was really annoying…..
(2024-03-19, 01:44)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Open
https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/dashboard

Choose your project in the top combo box (to the right from Google Cloud logo).

In the "Credentials" section look at "OAuth 2.0 Client IDs" list. Type column should be "TV and Limited Input". If not - create a new OAuth 2.0 key and use it instead.

If you see error messages related to quota - open this link: https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/ap...com/quotas

You should see something like:
Queries per day: 10 000
Queries per minute: 1 800 000
Queries per minute per user: 180 000

If not - you will have to create a new project in Google Cloud. Just follow the standard instructions.

Thank you for the help! Kinda figured I would have to make a new key..and...it worked!!! Big Grin

Well did this to my Kodi V21.0 RC1 Youtube V7.0.3.2+matrix.1 and I get "[WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". What's needed to fix this?
(2024-03-19, 15:15)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Well did this to my Kodi V21.0 RC1 Youtube V7.0.3.2+matrix.1 and I get "[WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". What's needed to fix this?

Usually such message is shown if a software on Windows machine tries to start a local server and bind it to the port which is already used.

In general this can happen if
  • you start the application more than once (check if you have any rogue Kodi processes) OR
  • some other application already took the port wanted by Kodi (run in cmd the following command "netstat -na|findstr  50152", assuming 50152 is the port specified in the Kodi youtube settings) OR
  • you need admin privilege to start the server (run Kodi as administrator) OR
  • access is blocked by firewall (try disabling the firewall temporarily. If it helps - find a way for granting access for Kodi in firewall)

In the context of Kodi+youtube plugin I would disable the "API confiuguration page" as well as any HTTP server features in the youtube plugin settings. This will eliminate the need to start the HTTP server at all.
(2024-03-19, 22:50)MaryanR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-03-19, 15:15)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Well did this to my Kodi V21.0 RC1 Youtube V7.0.3.2+matrix.1 and I get "[WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". What's needed to fix this?

Usually such message is shown if a software on Windows machine tries to start a local server and bind it to the port which is already used.

In general this can happen if
  • you start the application more than once (check if you have any rogue Kodi processes) OR
  • some other application already took the port wanted by Kodi (run in cmd the following command "netstat -na|findstr  50152", assuming 50152 is the port specified in the Kodi youtube settings) OR
  • you need admin privilege to start the server (run Kodi as administrator) OR
  • access is blocked by firewall (try disabling the firewall temporarily. If it helps - find a way for granting access for Kodi in firewall)

In the context of Kodi+youtube plugin I would disable the "API confiuguration page" as well as any HTTP server features in the youtube plugin settings. This will eliminate the need to start the HTTP server at all.

I looked in youtube addon settings but don't see a setting to turn http off. It's not been changed from default settings though. I will check the other items you listed and see what happens. Humm maybe setting the port to blank or zero instead of 50152 might disable it?
Thanks!

EDIT
Opened youtube settings and set the http port to 0 (zero) did the trick!
Hoping for a fix soon for this error with YouTube Playlists

Unable to get playlist items for plugin://plugin.video.youtube
(2024-03-21, 16:48)oareid Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping for a fix soon for this error with YouTube Playlists

See:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
Version v7.0.4 should fix this.
(2024-03-23, 10:50)koteufel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-03-21, 16:48)oareid Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping for a fix soon for this error with YouTube Playlists

See:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
Version v7.0.4 should fix this.
7.0.4 does not fix.
Log still indicates
`anonymous-namespace'::GetItemsForPlayList: Unable to get playlist items for plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id
[plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (7.0.4+nexus.1) on Nexus (Kodi-20.5) with Python 3.8.15
-nevermind. fixed some issues.
Latest issue: I can log in (had to renew my credentials) but if I view playlists and select 'play all', the loading icon spins and the playlist never plays. can someone else test their playlists to see if they work?
I have the same issue and tried all the fixes recommended and still get the Win 10013 error. I am on 7.0.4 nexus 1 version. I wonder if anyone else has had any luck with this error?
yeah, can you play any playlists at all? mine just freeze the whole system
7.0.4-nexus.1 problem in Kodi Omega

I have an addon that creates youtube video listitems.  The select action on the listitem is:

python:
xbmc.executebuiltin(f"RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id={youtube_id})")

This worked fine in 7.0.2, and also when I reverted back to 7.0.3.2+matrix.1, but now it loads the busy window and hangs Kodi.  Any ideas?

scott s.
A couple of nights ago there was an update for the YouTube addon, which I installed.  Up to early this morning it was working fine.  I rebooted the system today (which I don't really think had anything to do with it) and now every time I try to bring up a YouTube video I get this:

ImageImageImage

I can see all the available videos, but when I select any of them this is what I get.  I tried restoring an older version of the addon from a backintime backup, and got the same thing.  In case it matters I am running Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS and Kodi nexus version 20.2, the youtube addon (after restoring the previous version) is 7.0.4+nexus 1.

EDIT: Turns out that when I restored the old version of the addon, I only renamed the new one, so if restoring the old one didn't work I could put the new one back.  I guess you have to completely move the non-working version out of the addons directory - once I did that and rebooted, the old version started working again.  I think Kodi was still finding the new one even though it had been renamed and was trying to use it.
I think I fixed my win 10013 error. I just reinstalled Kodi over top my original kodi 20.3 over 20.3 and no more error. Just thought I would share. Hopefully tomorrow when I use it again, the error won't return.
Never mind it came back tonight 3/28