Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can stick on alpha5, of course; there is nothing wrong in that decision. But is it wise enough not test something new having opinion one guy You don't know about another one guy You don't know too as base for that?
Just my 2 cent, nothimg more Smile
(2023-05-08, 13:00)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Can You don't post things You don't know and don't understand please?
It would be much more trackable if you published your individual changes on GitHub.
Quote:official anxdpanic's 6.8.26~alpha5 based on alpha 5 as this is shown in it's name; it works, but has many limitations, that why alpha6 & 7 were released. Mine based on alpha7, so it's definitely newer. I explained this on previous pages, so it's good idea to read some part of topic before blindlessly clamp on keyboard.
Official alpha7 version only exists from v7.0.2 (Nexus). If your build is based on it, please name it as 7.0.2+leia~alpha7, because it is no longer v6.8.x.
If you don't understand what I'm talking about, then please compare the patches between the matrix (v6.8.26~alpha5) and nexus (7.0.2~alpha7) branches in the anxdpanic's GitHub repository. The last version of both was published on May 2.

I respect your work, it's good that you make a working version for Leia users. But...
It would be nice to be a little aware of the version numbering, which is primarily determined by the original developer (anxdpanic). If he later decides to release a working version for Leia, it will probably be called v6.8.26.
Quote:So once more, maybe it's wise idea ask me about all that stuff  instead of blindlessly clamp on keyboard?
If you publish your changes on GitHub, there is nothing to ask. That's it.
That's forced me to be sure You don't really understand what You talking about
Version 7 started on Nexus NOT because of that problem with play video: they made a lot of new stuff (setting on v.7 takes 48 kB against 13 kB on v.6). That stuff didn't implement on Leia and Matrix because they stopped support for those versions, so everything for Leia/Matrix is ended on 6.8.25 functionality. Stop. Basta. La Finita.
Only reason for 6.8.26 appearing is making addon playing again, no any additiion was implemented.
v.6 and v.7 are different branches, they go in parallel, it's fun to read about 2 days or 1 day or whatever-days-else. It is like I bought new car yesterday, You buy used car today and talk about Your car is newer than mine because You got it later.
Github is great possibility to collaborate in project, but I don't plan any project. I repaired my addon for Leia, it works better than official from my point of view, so I made decision to share it with other people. So for what I need Github project?
Moreover, I don't have Matrix device, but there are many post from Matrix users about missing support for it, so (JUST FYI PAL):
1. I backed up my device
2. Then I installed Matrix
3. Then made everything to work
4. Then made a couple of tests
5. Then restored device

6.Then, finally, shared my work with other people..You now, for what? Right, for some kind of joker named me liar

So, I got a lesson and NEVER EVER I'll share anything on this forum
You misunderstood something in what I wrote earlier, and I don't understand your reaction at all. I simply asked you not to use versioning that makes no sense.

If you don't want to publish the source code in a simple way where anyone can compare it with the previous one, that's fine. However, many unnecessary questions can be avoided with this step.
Using GitHub is not that complicated, and it would also help you if you wanted to compare the changes in your code with, for example, yesterday's version or an earlier one.

And there's no point in getting offended, that wasn't my goal at all. If you approach it constructively, it would solve a lot of things.
It's time to stop that absurd, I think

You DEFINITELY talk about thing You don't understand

Source code? Really? Kody addons are written on Python, i.e. they are text files already, so EVERYONE can unpack zip and read program text without any problem. Did You know it? There are ZERO needs to use Github to compare two files - there is "diff" command in any Linux

So, PLEASE stop that offtopic full of nonsense. Personally I stop discussion from now on.
(2023-05-08, 16:15)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Source code? Really? Kody addons are written on Python, i.e. they are text files already, so EVERYONE can unpack zip and read program text without any problem. Did You know it? There are ZERO needs to use Github to compare two files - there is "diff" command in any Linux
If there is "really" no need for GitHub, may I ask where you got the necessary patches that you finally backported in Python2? No need to answer, obviously from anxdpanic's GitHub repository.

I rather ignored your comment about diff. You may be the emperor of programming, but you don't need to make other people look stupid! It's a completely different thing to compare just two files or 30+ different patches.

By the way, someone has done the homework that you say "ZERO needs to use ...":
https://github.com/JimmyS83/plugin.video...mmits/leia
@StrangeAlien,

I used your plugin.video.youtube-6.8.27-alpha7-Leia.zip in my AE3.3.5 (Kodi 18.9) distro but got errors:
https://postimg.cc/Mvf9vmpM

So maybe, as in your post #1884 (previous page), we need a no Msql version for Leia too ?

I can send a Kodi log if needed🤔
(2023-05-08, 18:59)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]@StrangeAlien,

I used your plugin.video.youtube-6.8.27-alpha7-Leia.zip in my AE3.3.5 (Kodi 18.9) distro but got errors:

So maybe, as in your post #1884 (previous page), we need a no Msql version for Leia too ?

Please try this version: https://libreelec.dtech.hu/misc/youtube-leia-backport/
(2023-05-08, 19:46)dtechsrv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-08, 18:59)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]@StrangeAlien,

Please try this version: https://libreelec.dtech.hu/misc/youtube-leia-backport/

@dtechsrv

Now I get these errors, but a few videos do play:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/qzP5BPb

(2nd image is Page 1 from Kodi Log Viewer.)
Yes, You're right: I messed somehow at first try that error because I have Mysql installed everywhere
I correct it: so just download addon again, please
And post is error corrected or no
I downloaded the 'zip' file (plugin.video.youtube-6.8.27-alpha7-Matrix.zip) and installed it on both my x86 and Odroid (C4) units. (all running LibreElec 10.0.4   Kodi 19.5 Matrix)

Didn't have to reboot or reset my 'settings'.  

As with the 6.8.26alpha5 update, everything appears to be working 'fine' with no more 'not available' errors (except for those videos that Youtubbie is blocking).

Also resolved issues with the "Youtube-Channels" add-on...

'I' haven't noticed any difference in 'functionality' between the 2 'alpha' releases, which hasn't been an issue for 'my' needs...

Wee WEEEEEEE !!
(2023-05-08, 20:15)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, You're right: I messed somehow at first try that error because I have Mysql installed everywhere

@StrangeAlien 😜

New errors:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y4TBN3Q
(2023-05-08, 21:04)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ][quote="StrangeAlien" pid='3152238' dateline='1683569759']
Yes, You're right: I messed somehow at first try that error because I have Mysql installed everywhere

@StrangeAlien 😜

New errors:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y4TBN3Q
[/quo

1. I also tested the alpha5 version. Rebooted and most errors are gone...still a couple videos "unavailable" but so far so good.

2 Also rebooted with the new alpha7 and that just stopped my YouTube streaming: when I click on a channel, it doesn't respond. However direct YouTube streaming seems to work.

In any case I want to thank everyone who has tried to help. We will get a better Leia fix one of these days 😉
Main reason is problem with particular video. Maybe it's age restricted video or something else. Can You tell me which video is in question?
(2023-05-08, 22:44)StrangeAlien Wrote: [ -> ]Main reason is problem with particular video. Maybe it's age restricted video or something else. Can You tell me which video is in question?
Last check I did, as above, the alpha7 version didn't seem to work with any plugin.video.youtube > PVR Simple stream, all VOD/non-live channels

For live youtube TV streams, I actually use alexelec.tv TVLINK PVR (streamlink based) which streams nicely.

I have shut down my TV box for another day...but you can check similar:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=3GI_uE4SxSU
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=KKNz_daE2zc