Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Double post, please disregard.
(2024-03-08, 20:14)phyrros1 Wrote: [ -> ]you could try to turn off InputStream Adaptive in the plug-in setting….
Disabling InputStream Adaptive will not allow you to watch videos above 720 resolution tho, or is there a different setting for that?
Starting from which version did they add the # of views, comments and likes of a YT video? I like it alot.
I have a big problem after the latest update I think:

I have a custom addon which lets me push a gpio button to trigger a youtube playlist, or I'll play a youtube playlist via the timers addon. This is for old folks in a retirement home, so I've basically disabled the entire kodi interface. 
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLopMpzJBXsBTw6PGe3ZZrppJJfm22BlDW&order=shuffle&play=1)")
now whenever I run this function, even though the code specifies to shuffle the order, there's an onscreen popup that appears and asks me to select playlist order.

I need this to happen automatically without this window popping up. Can anyone help?
I need this too
kodi.wiki says I can use the &order=$ORDER parameter and I am using it, but it isn't being received by the plugin? has the syntax been changed?
(2024-03-11, 03:42)superdesi Wrote: [ -> ]Starting from which version did they add the # of views, comments and likes of a YT video? I like it alot.

I find this very distracting as it truncates the title of the video in list view and I see no way to disable this behavior as of right now.  The distracting colors don't help along with the large datetime and runtime too.
(2024-03-11, 05:56)cage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-03-11, 03:42)superdesi Wrote: [ -> ]Starting from which version did they add the # of views, comments and likes of a YT video? I like it alot.

I find this very distracting as it truncates the title of the video in list view and I see no way to disable this behavior as of right now.  The distracting colors don't help along with the large datetime and runtime too.

You have a point. I wonder where the file is located
(2024-03-11, 05:56)cage Wrote: [ -> ]I find this very distracting as it truncates the title of the video in list view and I see no way to disable this behavior as of right now.  The distracting colors don't help along with the large datetime and runtime too.

You can disable it in the plugin options.

jonib

I also like it. Thanks to the devs.
(2024-03-11, 18:18)jonib Wrote: [ -> ]You can disable it in the plugin options.

jonib

Thanks in advance.....but could you please elaborate where.
Man I can't get this new version to let me login. Read back through looking for a full set of instructions, I know I saw some, but what I can find didn't help. My api info is old, from 2017. Do I need to setup a new api? I had NO test user so I added the one associated with the youtube login I use. Still same stuff.

Here's a screen shot of the error I get when I try to sign in.

As of the 7.0.3 versions, I have been seeing video freezes when playing very long ambience videos.

(I like to watch these to help me sleep)

At just around 7 hours to 7.5 hours, a video will freeze and the sound is a nasty whine, (waking me up Shocked )

This didn't seem to happen with 7.0.2. Its fairly repeatable with 7.0.3.

This does not happen when playing a very long video, stored on my NAS and playing through UPNP.

Therefore, I do not think its a recent update of Kodi 20.5, causing it.

A couple of ideas I had are...

-Somehow a memory leak bug worked its way into 7.0.3.

-Google/youtube, with their anti add-block zeal, has put in code to watch if mid-role adds are running and cuts off videos at 7 hours if not.

Things like this are really tough to diagnose since it takes so long to reproduce it, causing insanely long debug logs.

Anyway I just wanted to bring this up in case someone wants to look at it.

I rarely watch videos played directly from youtube anyway.
(2024-03-12, 03:45)superdesi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks in advance.....but could you please elaborate where.

In the plugin options go to Advanced there I have "Show channel name and video details in description" and "Show video details in video list".
(2024-03-12, 14:33)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Man I can't get this new version to let me login. Read back through looking for a full set of instructions, I know I saw some, but what I can find didn't help. My api info is old, from 2017. Do I need to setup a new api? I had NO test user so I added the one associated with the youtube login I use. Still same stuff.
For me it worked by creating a new client ID with application type [TVs and Limited Input devices] as described here: https://www.claudiokuenzler.com/blog/103...le-sign-in
(2024-03-12, 23:53)commander_keen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-03-12, 14:33)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Man I can't get this new version to let me login. Read back through looking for a full set of instructions, I know I saw some, but what I can find didn't help. My api info is old, from 2017. Do I need to setup a new api? I had NO test user so I added the one associated with the youtube login I use. Still same stuff.
For me it worked by creating a new client ID with application type [TVs and Limited Input devices] as described here: https://www.claudiokuenzler.com/blog/103...le-sign-in

Still get a 401 error after setting it to PUBLISH this is frustrating me......