Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-10, 18:13)epicfail Wrote: [ -> ]I´m using Modern Low Big as Homemenu.

And i found another bug...maybe. In showcase view the text on unseen episodes indicator is not readable on the item that is focused.

OK, thanks, the issue with the powermenu is fixed in next skin update.

The issue with the episodes inidcators should already be fixed in the current beta of the skin.
(2016-05-10, 18:45)carbmc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Marcel for the best skin for kodi...will this addition be in stable version or beta version ..as I'm using the stable version..

Always first in the beta and within a few weeks to stable.
(2016-05-10, 20:56)mad526 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Just wanted to point out that on fullscreen info the Rotten Tomatoes Rating and Critics Consensus text is the wrong one for some of my movies. Got that on all of my machines. Anybody else?

It should be correct. Please note that the info is the LIVE info.
Did you check it online on the RT website ?
(2016-05-10, 22:10)bozho Wrote: [ -> ]A killer feature for me are tags on the Panel Square view. Since my music collection is not sorted out properly, I'm missing covers for a number of albums and having album titles always visible on the Panel Square view is a must. I've only found a handful of skins that support that. Now, after updating to 3.6.59, the tags are gone in the Panel Square view. The only Tags option available in the Options menu is "Auto" and cannot be changed.

Strange... You should be able to change it. I just it and it works Ok on my end.
Maybe this issue was fixed in the beta of the skin and not yet in the stable version ?
Do you mind to give the beta version a quick try to see if it resolves your issue ?
(2016-05-10, 22:19)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there some trick in getting the alphabet quick jump to work?
I don't see any letters when I push right/down (vertical/horizontal layout), I do see that background overlay. If I disable quick jump the scroll bar highlights and functions as expected. I have the same results on windows, Fire TV and Android TV (in both Kodi and SPMC).

Well, that's because that feature depends on a new version of the skinhelper service addon which is still pending to be updated on the Kodi repo unfortunately. If you want you can update manually, just download the latest version from here and install by zip:

http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...r.service/

(2016-05-10, 22:19)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]An unrelated request, could we get forced focus like in other homescreen layouts also in the enhanced all-in-one layout.

I will add this request to my TODO list, will be picked up within a couple of weeks.
(2016-05-10, 22:55)jaeyjaey Wrote: [ -> ]1. I use vertical modern layout with dual widgets in poster style. If i select a movie in the bottom widget, the size is a little bit to big, and the bottom part of the blue frame line is cuted of.

2. Is it possible to disable the following part in the osd (information)?

3. PVR artwork background works only for recorded shows in the main menu if i select live tv. I enabled PVR artwork also for the running TV guide. And I can see artwork in the EPG grid (guide). But not as background in the main menu in live tv section.

1. This should be fixed in the current BETA version of the skin. So, please give that a quick try to check or wait a few weeks untill the new stable arrivés.

2. Also already fixed in the current beta version.

3. Hmm, I do not 100% understand what you mean here. Do you mean that you want random backgrounds from programs in your EPG on the home menu ?
(2016-05-11, 15:45)mattyspurs76 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got that enabled but it does not randomize them. I will double check later,at work right now but sure its checked

It should work with that one enabled, at least according to the Kodi skinning documentation Big Grin
(2016-05-11, 18:49)TK4|2|1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to refresh the home screen, without having to restart my device. If I watch a show, the progress widget doesn't change to the next episode when I go back to the home screen.

You can add a shortcut to your homemenu (or powermenu) that issues the ReloadSkin command
It's available in the list of preconfigured shortcuts, under the Commands section

A better way would be to enable "force refresh" for your widget. Also available in the skin settings, shortcuts editor.
Hi Marcel,

I noticed that the "random albums" widget (Defaults widgets->Random Albums) opens an album instead of playing it right away. The other music widgets like "Recently added albums" do start playing the album. I looked into the code to see if I could find an easy fix but it seems that the "Random Album" widget points to a playlist file and opens it instead of playing it instead.
Could you check if this can be fixed?

Another issue is that I tried to add an actors submenu item to the movies menu. The problem is that if you select "Video Library > Movies > Actors >", Titan tries to create a list off all actors in the database before showing the entire list. Sometimes Kodi freezes or even crashes on this. Off course, I just wanted to select the "Create menu item to here" option. I solved it by adding a submenu to "Countries" instead and searching for a file where that got put in. I found it in the movies.DATA.xml and changed Country to Actors which seemd to do have done the trick.
It is not a big issue now I know how to work around it and it might be related to my specific setup (external SQL database and lots of movies).

Cheers,
Allard.
Hi, small bug in tonight's beta (3.6.62):

with new modern horizontal home LY, pressing DOWN arrow enables both submenu and powermenu, while it shuld enable first submenu and then powermenu.
Please give it a look Wink
(2016-05-11, 21:52)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 18:13)epicfail Wrote: [ -> ]I´m using Modern Low Big as Homemenu.

And i found another bug...maybe. In showcase view the text on unseen episodes indicator is not readable on the item that is focused.

OK, thanks, the issue with the powermenu is fixed in next skin update.

The issue with the episodes inidcators should already be fixed in the current beta of the skin.

Thanks for the update....but now de submenu and the shutdown menu open the same time...like Simograndi stated before.oO

And the indicators on showcase view are not readable....
(2016-05-11, 22:03)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 22:55)jaeyjaey Wrote: [ -> ]3. PVR artwork background works only for recorded shows in the main menu if i select live tv. I enabled PVR artwork also for the running TV guide. And I can see artwork in the EPG grid (guide). But not as background in the main menu in live tv section.
3. Hmm, I do not 100% understand what you mean here. Do you mean that you want random backgrounds from programs in your EPG on the home menu ?

Yes, I mean the random backgrounds from programs (EPG) on the home menu. It works only with recorded shows but not with EPG programs (running now & upcoming).
I had not noticed that you seemed to have added the updated classic textures as I was still seeing the pixel shifts on display. I thought that odd, since it there have been two releases since that point in our discussion. So, I extracted the textures (kodi-texture.exe gui) and had a look at the individual files. It appears that they were indeed updated, but I saw no improvement on display.

I tried a few things, but to no avail. Then I recompiled the extracted textures with no changes made to any graphics files and installed the rebuilt archive. Suddenly everything was fine! Well, everything with the media flags at least. I noticed however that I had re-introduced the one pixel shift (too high) in the poster tags in widgets!

This is very strange, so I thought I would mention it here!

Notes:

I used the kodi.texture gui to de-compile. The original size of the Texture.xbt file is 7955 KB.

I can use either the gui or the command line TexturePacker to recompile (no changes to any files!) and the new Texture.xbt file is 9495 KB. That's odd, but OK maybe we are using different tools (I think the texture compiler changed for Kodi 17?).

In each case (gui or command line) the new Texture.xbt file fixes the media flags but introduces the pixel shift in poster tags.

I have tried rebuilding the texture cache -- no effect.

Any ideas Huh
(2016-05-11, 22:07)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-11, 18:49)TK4|2|1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to refresh the home screen, without having to restart my device. If I watch a show, the progress widget doesn't change to the next episode when I go back to the home screen.

You can add a shortcut to your homemenu (or powermenu) that issues the ReloadSkin command
It's available in the list of preconfigured shortcuts, under the Commands section

A better way would be to enable "force refresh" for your widget. Also available in the skin settings, shortcuts editor.

Is there a way to force the shortcuts in netflix home layout to refresh?
(2016-05-11, 23:09)PH-SYM Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that the "random albums" widget (Defaults widgets->Random Albums) opens an album instead of playing it right away. The other music widgets like "Recently added albums" do start playing the album. I looked into the code to see if I could find an easy fix but it seems that the "Random Album" widget points to a playlist file and opens it instead of playing it instead.
Could you check if this can be fixed?
I will replace the playlist-based widgets by widgets generated by the skinhelper script, this has some benefits like better auto refresh and to be able to toggle the behaviour of the widgets within the skinhelper settings. So, this will be fixed in next skin update but you'll have to re-add the widget to your homescreen.

(2016-05-11, 23:09)PH-SYM Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue is that I tried to add an actors submenu item to the movies menu. The problem is that if you select "Video Library > Movies > Actors >", Titan tries to create a list off all actors in the database before showing the entire list. Sometimes Kodi freezes or even crashes on this. Off course, I just wanted to select the "Create menu item to here" option. I solved it by adding a submenu to "Countries" instead and searching for a file where that got put in. I found it in the movies.DATA.xml and changed Country to Actors which seemd to do have done the trick.
It is not a big issue now I know how to work around it and it might be related to my specific setup (external SQL database and lots of movies).
I'm sorry I can't fix this one. It's default behaviour of the skinshortcuts script to display the entire listing. In your case a large amount of movies and external mysql are conditions that causes this to fail.