Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the Big List2 view if you dont use the slim list long titles run into the quality/ratings field

Why does it not show the episode thumb when it's in a playlist like when browsing media
Browsing media

When it's added to a playlist, shows the clearart instead

Also is it possible to turn the IMDB Top 250 logo off in the footer but still have it show when i press info
Hi Marcel, I'm returning to a discussion regarding the behaviour of information panels and extended info panels in TV Series. I don't think this ever got resolved (or resolved completely). This post is long, but mostly pictures ;-).

Let's start with a television series... I have chosen The Beverly Hillbillies for my example:

At the top level, using the Horizontal Panel view (so we can see show information) -- everything looks fine. Note the TV show is identified and the total number of Episodes is correctly displayed. By way of additional information, would it be useful to add the total number of Seasons as well?

Moving on the the display for the TV show when the 'i key' information panel is displayed:

Here we see the number of Seasons and the total number of episodes displayed in the header, but there is a bit of a problem with the English (language code) -- should it not be pluralised? E.g Seasons 9 Episodes 273. Further down we see the enumeration of total episodes and unwatched episodes. That's correct, but perhaps the number of total Seasons and unwatched Seasons could be added?

Now lets look at the extended info panels:

This looks fine, but when you use the 'back' key to return you will see that another extended info panel has also been created (as an underlay).

Note that this is for the last season in the series. (If you chose another series, you will also get the last season for that series, so '9' is not special). It appears that the skin has launch two instances of the extended info script -- one for the series and one for the last season of the series.

Continuing deeper into the series, lets select a season level item:

Everything seams fine here on the Horizontal Panel view. Let's look at the results from the 'i' key:

Here we see a recurrence of the pluralization problem, but it is showing data for the entire series not data for the selected season. I would have expected to see data for the season only which would be consistent with the data in the panel itself (one season and 32 total episodes). Note also that the path shown is also for the entire series folder and not the specific selected season folder.

Moving on the the extended info view:

Note that it is showing the series level view and not the (expected?) season level view. And when we use the 'back' key:

We see the 'last season underlay again'. It looks like the skin has launched two instances of the extended info script again. But this time neither of the instances is the correct(?) one.

Finally, at the episode level we see the horizontal panel showing exactly what is expected (Yay!):

And the info panel shows exactly what we expected (Double Yay!):

And moving on to the extended info:

Rats.... I was expecting an episode level view, but I got a season level view. The good news is that only one instance of the extended info script was launched but -- imho -- it should be an episode view, as shown below:

As always, this lengthy post is intended to help polish the skin which is already fantastically functional. Thanks for all of your hard work -- and not just in this forum!!!
(2016-04-06, 09:03)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-06, 00:14)wbilger Wrote: [ -> ]1.I plugged in a keyboard, and if I press the 'i' key on keyboard, it does not freeze.
I can press 'i' as many times as I want, and leave the OSD up on the screen as long as I want, and it
never freezes, but as soon as I press OK/Enter, it freezes first time (after about 4 seconds).
So, this is progress, but not really a workaround, as my bluetooth remote just has the OK button in the middle of the arrow keys.

Can you try the following ?

Skin Settings --> OSD --> Auto close OSD --> set to 0 (to disable)

This worked, well, it doesn't freeze, the OSD obviously stays on screen forever, but it never freezes.
Then I just need to esc to close OSD, but works as a workaround for me.
Obviously that is when the hang happens, on the auto-close, as that was the exact timing, video always hung after 4 seconds.
Edit: Nevermind, I've sorted the issue by re-installing it again.

Keep up the good work!
(2016-04-06, 13:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-06, 13:08)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm this ... For me it isn't understandable why my cdart is visible in the Emby server and also in the "landscape single row" view, but not on the OSD ...

For me too, that's what we're trying to figure out ;-)
I will go ahead and compare the code for the view with the OSD, maybe there's some typo in there.

EDIT: found the issue... I'll provide new skin beta later today

I've installed the new skin beta and tested it but the problem is still present. I see some more cdarts but it is still a pure chance ...

Perhaps there are also hidden errors on my side with my evaluation setup, so I will wait until my movement in 3-4 weeks is done and my 42U server rack is built and on duty. Then I will create a fresh productive setup and can try to find my own errors. And perhaps there are also fixes in newer versions of skin or skin helper and eeverything will be fine ... Wink
New Netflix view is awesome Smile
(2016-04-07, 17:31)Schiffschaukel Wrote: [ -> ]Using big posters view, i noticed that the runtime of the movie is shown twice. in this example 1:46 (106 min.) is there any option i missed to have either one of those shown?, as having it both ways at the same time doesnt make any sense. i would prefer the "106 min." way.

Yes, it is like that by design; shown in both hour representation and the total minutes. The hour presentation is more family friendly.
If it really bothers you I can make it optional offcourse
(2016-04-07, 18:13)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]In the Big List2 view if you dont use the slim list long titles run into the quality/ratings field
Thanks for the catch, will be fixed in next update

(2016-04-07, 18:13)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]Why does it not show the episode thumb when it's in a playlist like when browsing media
When it's added to a playlist, shows the clearart instead
Will be fixed in next update

(2016-04-07, 18:13)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]Also is it possible to turn the IMDB Top 250 logo off in the footer but still have it show when i press info

It is currently attached to the setting "show IMDB logo+rating in the footer", if that's enabled it will also show that top250 badge
(2016-04-08, 23:03)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]It is currently attached to the setting "show IMDB logo+rating in the footer", if that's enabled it will also show that top250 badge

That setting is disabled i only have "Display Studio logo instead of stars in footer" enabled
(2016-04-07, 21:54)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Here we see the number of Seasons and the total number of episodes displayed in the header, but there is a bit of a problem with the English (language code) -- should it not be pluralised? E.g Seasons 9 Episodes 273. Further down we see the enumeration of total episodes and unwatched episodes. That's correct, but perhaps the number of total Seasons and unwatched Seasons could be added?
Will be fixed in next skin update, thanks

(2016-04-07, 21:54)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]This looks fine, but when you use the 'back' key to return you will see that another extended info panel has also been created (as an underlay).
The extendedinfo windows will also be fixed in next skin update
hi, couple of things.

can you make it that when activating the submenu on the home screen that the first item in the list is in focus, not the last item selected. because when scrolling the vertical menu and selecting the second item from movies then scrolling down to settings, the second item is in focus for settings aswell

can you have the thumbnail to the left show a preview of the image instead of the icon?
its nice to be able to see what the images are instead of having to cycle through a big list to find what you want.

the scroll bar for pvr view cannot be selected.
(2016-04-08, 14:21)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps there are also hidden errors on my side with my evaluation setup, so I will wait until my movement in 3-4 weeks is done and my 42U server rack is built and on duty. Then I will create a fresh productive setup and can try to find my own errors. And perhaps there are also fixes in newer versions of skin or skin helper and eeverything will be fine ... Wink

Let's hope so because I really do not have an explanaition why it's failing on the OSD and not in the library.
If the issue persists with your fresh setup maybe we can do some more debug hunting.
(2016-04-08, 23:08)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]That setting is disabled i only have "Display Studio logo instead of stars in footer" enabled

Oops, small bug ;-) Will fix it
(2016-04-09, 00:12)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]can you make it that when activating the submenu on the home screen that the first item in the list is in focus, not the last item selected. because when scrolling the vertical menu and selecting the second item from movies then scrolling down to settings, the second item is in focus for settings aswell

can you have the thumbnail to the left show a preview of the image instead of the icon?
its nice to be able to see what the images are instead of having to cycle through a big list to find what you want.

the scroll bar for pvr view cannot be selected.

All issues will be fixed in next skin update
(2016-04-08, 14:44)Grumpyman Wrote: [ -> ]New Netflix view is awesome Smile

Glad you like it Big Grin