Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-30, 23:23)mattyspurs76 Wrote: [ -> ]My views keep chasing and it's doing my head in now. I like to use big panel 2, low list, square detail panels. When I open something up and change to these it's OK but exit and come back in it changes to logo or showcase. I find these two views seem to be used in majority of addons no matter if I choose a different view. I've tried to disable them.in settings but view still change

Disable any views options in addons you're using. Instead use the forced views feature from the skin itself
(2016-03-31, 05:11)Totimosilhi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could let me know if it's possible under the Windows 10 layout to have submenu not as a thumbnail next to a widget, but rather like a list or something like that?

Not possible atm, How do you see that ? Possible to draw a mockup of how it should look like ?
(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- First of all I deleted the whole database, cleaned up cache, restarted Kodi and scraped again all my music. No benefits, everything like before (also because I did this after I upgraded to Jarvis).
- Then I tried playing around with skinhelper settings: disabling the online artwork search for music/pvr widgets immediately fixed the slow music widget. They are now instantly loaded like others when Kodi boots.
- There was still an issue: the Music random backgrounds didn't show up if not after an age or 2... Disabling the general online music artwork search (leaved on local one) fixed even this. After a first long loading, backgrounds are now loaded immediately on startup.

These issues are fixed in latest (beta) version of the skinhelper addon I posted yesterday.The widgets will now be fast even with scraping the artwork enabled.

(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess that all my issues were because of the online script looking for every directory of my music folder for any kind of art, and of course being this made via ethernet slowed down the thing a lot.
But can you check if there is a way to speed up the scan for new items? I ask this because I see that while browsing albums, thumbnails or logos aren't loaded immediately like on video library, but they take a while every time. Does it scan everything every time? Is there a cache or missing list for this?

All info is saved in a cache. Once an item is scraped the info will be stored (permanantly) inside the cache. In your case it almost looks like the cache is malfunctioning which would also explain the slow loading times.
I am currently working on improving the whole music artwork scraping (as multiple users report it's not working optimal) so I need all the help I can get with testing :-)
Please give the latest skinhelper version 1.0.70 a try to see if that improves your situation. Also note that when you're inside the music library, in the context menu there's an option for "music artwork" (or artwork settings if you're on non-beta skin). Please open that and select the precache all artwork option. That will pre-scrape all artwork into the cache so it will be faster. Onc eit's in the cache it should load instantly.

(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]Also I enabled the option to save contents under album's folder to make the work once of course, but I've seen that many times some logos/artwork aren't saved at all inside the folder. That's strange... and completely random it seems...

1. Enable the verbose logging for the skin helper addon (please do NOT enable kodi debug logging), you can ebale that inside the addon settings for skin helper service (also available with the music artwork contextmenu)

2. Navigate to an artist/album/song in your library and open the music artwork contextmenu again, press "refresh item (auto lookup)".

3. Repeat these steps for a few albums and check if the artwork is properly scraped.

4. Once you've done the above steps you can open your Kodi logfile in a texteditor and you can follow the exact steps the artwork scraper performed to get the artwork, check for any error messages, especially about the paths.

(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- The show right details view is still broken for "Big list 1" view (2 is working fine)

It's fine on my end. Are you on beta or stable of the skin ? Note that I didn't push a new stable version yet for a few weeks.

(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- The "supported addons" tab under quick skin settings is empty (the one from library views)

Thanks for the catch, will be fixed in next beta of the skin.

(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- Under settings> addons the "Downloading addons" section always shows squared view at first opening, no matter what view I choosed for that window. (already tried starting from fresh settings, it happens on all my devices)
Do you have forced views enabled for "files and main plugin listings" ?

(2016-03-31, 00:04)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]- All views than "Titan Tiles" ones don't support touch/mouse as home/power buttons are missing. Can you enable them? I'd love to use the modern big horizontal list also on my Surface.

That's actually not true because ALL views support the touch buttons... except the new modern horizontal views.
I will add the touch buttons there too ;-)
(2016-04-05, 19:33)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-05, 18:06)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: [ -> ]Refreshing the artwork via context menu didn't change the results above.

I hope this all will help you to eliminate the error ...

I checked your log and all is fine. In fact the info in the OSD actually got pulled from the cache so it's EXACTLY the same as in the library.
What version of the skin are you using? No custom modifications to xml files ?

I'm always using the up-to-date stable version of Titan and additionally the dependencies from the Emby beta repo wthout any modifications.

I've also tried Kodi without Emby but the problem is still present.
(2016-04-05, 21:33)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: [ -> ]I'm always using the up-to-date stable version of Titan and additionally the dependencies from the Emby beta repo wthout any modifications.

OK, that explains it because I made the fixes in the beta version
(2016-04-05, 21:48)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-05, 21:33)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: [ -> ]I'm always using the up-to-date stable version of Titan and additionally the dependencies from the Emby beta repo wthout any modifications.

OK, that explains it because I made the fixes in the beta version

Ok, then I will try the Beta now ... Wink

EDIT: With the beta now I see the cdarts of the first 3 started albums, after that the gambling goes on ...

BTW: It couldn't be an Emby-based problem, with (for example) Aeon Nox or MQ 6 or other skins there are no problems for me. What are the differences to handle the music cdart?
(2016-04-05, 20:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]These issues are fixed in latest (beta) version of the skinhelper addon I posted yesterday.The widgets will now be fast even with scraping the artwork enabled.

I can confirm after first loading, AWESOME!

(2016-04-05, 20:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]All info is saved in a cache. Once an item is scraped the info will be stored (permanantly) inside the cache. In your case it almost looks like the cache is malfunctioning which would also explain the slow loading times.
I am currently working on improving the whole music artwork scraping (as multiple users report it's not working optimal) so I need all the help I can get with testing :-)
Please give the latest skinhelper version 1.0.70 a try to see if that improves your situation. Also note that when you're inside the music library, in the context menu there's an option for "music artwork" (or artwork settings if you're on non-beta skin). Please open that and select the precache all artwork option. That will pre-scrape all artwork into the cache so it will be faster. Onc eit's in the cache it should load instantly.

Glad to help with testing Smile Anyway the new helper .70 seems to work fine, after the precache things are indeed faster (not instant but that's due to NAS). But I've always used that function, so before something was wrong...

(2016-04-05, 20:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]1. Enable the verbose logging for the skin helper addon (please do NOT enable kodi debug logging), you can ebale that inside the addon settings for skin helper service (also available with the music artwork contextmenu)

2. Navigate to an artist/album/song in your library and open the music artwork contextmenu again, press "refresh item (auto lookup)".

3. Repeat these steps for a few albums and check if the artwork is properly scraped.

4. Once you've done the above steps you can open your Kodi logfile in a texteditor and you can follow the exact steps the artwork scraper performed to get the artwork, check for any error messages, especially about the paths.

It looks to work fine this time (writing files into folders), but maybe I've found a bigger bug: for ALL songs scraped recently (within last couple of weeks approx.) with your skin the "folder.jpg" created file into song folder is the whole .mp3 just renamed, therefore Kodi can't load the thumbnail and visualizes it as always loading (of course!). Placing the proper jpg manually of course fixes the issue. Is this a bug on your side or universal scraper's (default kodi)? I use no other scraper/cdartmanager no more since a lot o time, so all new artworks (logos fanarts cdarts etc) are from skinhelper. Please note that ALL my music has proper 600x600 artwork set by iTunes working fine on every device of any kind (I'm pretty maniac on this... Tongue) and music is automatically organized in subfolders.

(2016-04-05, 20:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]It's fine on my end. Are you on beta or stable of the skin ? Note that I didn't push a new stable version yet for a few weeks.
I only have beta version installed (as usually more updated) on my devices. Anyway it was actually the "Banner List" view, here it is

(2016-04-05, 20:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have forced views enabled for "files and main plugin listings" ?
Nope, never set. This happens on all my devices even with fresh settings. After Jarvis I also started all my entire kodi installation on my main pc from scratch and same result...

THANKS al always!
(2016-04-03, 20:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-02, 18:38)wbilger Wrote: [ -> ]I dug a little further, and what happens is it freezes every time I hit 'ok' on remote, or 'enter' on keyboard to bring up OSD,
after about 5 seconds the video freezes, and audio continues.
I also tried to set all skin settings to default, same issue.
I switched to Confluence skin, issue disappears.

I can't reproduce the issue so it must be something that only occurs in specific situations...
Some more questions:

1. Does it also freeze if you hit the <info> key (or i on keyboard) ?
2. Do you have PVR enabled ?
1.I plugged in a keyboard, and if I press the 'i' key on keyboard, it does not freeze.
I can press 'i' as many times as I want, and leave the OSD up on the screen as long as I want, and it
never freezes, but as soon as I press OK/Enter, it freezes first time (after about 4 seconds).
So, this is progress, but not really a workaround, as my bluetooth remote just has the OK button in the middle of the arrow keys.

2. I do not have LiveTV enabled, is that what you mean, and there is no PVR addon installed.
I have tried it with the PVR addon (ArgusTV) installed and LiveTV enabled, same results, but this
machine is running wirelessly, so LiveTV stutters wirelessly, so I don't use it on this one machine.

Thanks for your help.
(2016-04-03, 20:36)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 16:54)redhalo Wrote: [ -> ]marcelveldt, TV show banners seem aligned all the way to the right rather than centered in it's panel. Do you need a screen shot?

Yes, please share a screenshot

One issue that seems to be effecting me a lot recently and I don't know how to rectify is when I go to play an item (no addons just streaming from Nas drive) I am getting the loading symbol for anything upto a minute, sometimes more. During this time video and audio plays fine but the loading icon is always present during this time

Its very similar but during this time I can get the osd menu and won't be able to get it away for same duration

Took a couple of videos of issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-S3XTv...cslist_api

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-S3XTv...cslist_api

Tried clearing cache etc, I can get rid of it briefly by restarting kodi once I finally regain control. I've had this happen on nothing my upstairs and downstairs android boxes
(2016-04-06, 00:14)wbilger Wrote: [ -> ]1.I plugged in a keyboard, and if I press the 'i' key on keyboard, it does not freeze.
I can press 'i' as many times as I want, and leave the OSD up on the screen as long as I want, and it
never freezes, but as soon as I press OK/Enter, it freezes first time (after about 4 seconds).
So, this is progress, but not really a workaround, as my bluetooth remote just has the OK button in the middle of the arrow keys.

Can you try the following ?

Skin Settings --> OSD --> Auto close OSD --> set to 0 (to disable)
(2016-04-06, 00:22)redhalo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 20:36)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 16:54)redhalo Wrote: [ -> ]marcelveldt, TV show banners seem aligned all the way to the right rather than centered in it's panel. Do you need a screen shot?

Yes, please share a screenshot

Got it, will be fixed in next skin update.
(2016-04-05, 23:37)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to help with testing Smile Anyway the new helper .70 seems to work fine, after the precache things are indeed faster (not instant but that's due to NAS). But I've always used that function, so before something was wrong...
OK, great that it's now working fine.

(2016-04-05, 23:37)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]It looks to work fine this time (writing files into folders), but maybe I've found a bigger bug: for ALL songs scraped recently (within last couple of weeks approx.) with your skin the "folder.jpg" created file into song folder is the whole .mp3 just renamed, therefore Kodi can't load the thumbnail and visualizes it as always loading (of course!).

Good catch, just fixed it. Will provide new version asap.

(2016-04-05, 23:37)Simograndi Wrote: [ -> ]I only have beta version installed (as usually more updated) on my devices. Anyway it was actually the "Banner List" view, here it is
Got it, will be fixed in next update
(2016-04-06, 05:47)PitStainsPete Wrote: [ -> ]One issue that seems to be effecting me a lot recently and I don't know how to rectify is when I go to play an item (no addons just streaming from Nas drive) I am getting the loading symbol for anything upto a minute, sometimes more. During this time video and audio plays fine but the loading icon is always present during this time

Some systems can't handle the "auto show OSD" feature, try to disable it:

Skin Settings --> Playback & OSD --> Auto show OSD infopanel on video playback start --> Set to 0 (to disable)

Skin Settings --> Playback & OSD --> Auto close OSD --> set to 0 (to disable)

Please let me know if that resolves the issue
Cheers for all the help Marcelveldt it was really appricated, It turns out that the cdart was not showing due to how I had the file named where the music was stored a quick edit and the cdart is now working like it should. So make sure the files are named correctly or may have issues like I had

Thanks again