Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Marcel, I don't think you saw this one http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2275904
(2016-03-14, 00:02)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Marcel, I don't think you saw this one http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2275904

Yes, I saw it. I'm still busy processing the various reports and requests :-)
I will let you know tomorrow
(2016-03-13, 22:52)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-09, 05:51)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]2) the behaviour of backgrounds when rapidly scrolling through items in the music library (particularly noticeable when scrolling through artists) is still showing the 'backlog' effect in the latest version (3.6.42/1.0.60).
Is extrafanart enabled ? If so, does it also happen with extrafanart disabled ? Extrafanart always takes some time to load as it is retrieved directly from disk, that may explain the latency. I can't reproduce it on my system atm.
Yes extrafanart is enabled. I'll try it with extrafanart disable and report. It's not the load time that is bothersome -- that I would understand and have no issue. Rather, the fanart loads and then gets replaced in sequence with fanart for artists that were in the previous 'path' of changes. That is really strange and very annoying to watch ;-). I don't know if the number of music albums in the library matters... I could try it with a smaller subset of the 1440 albums in my current collection.

thanks!

Update: With the extra fanart turned off the backgrounds in the music library are much more well behaved (In about 50 tries, I only got a background 'delayed' sequence playing twice and only when I really moved through about 30 artists very quickly). However the logos still show the same behaviour as the extra fanart. Moreover, if I run through a list of artists quickly and then return to the home screen (with the music tile selected) I see the background 'delayed' sequence play there! This really feels like a processing queue is being established for the background handling worker thread (skin helper?). The work queue should only have a single artist in it any any time -- if the artist selection changes while the worker queue is finding and (eventually) displaying (extra) fanart the work queue should be reset and the newly selected artist provided to the worker thread. Forgive me for speculating as to how the background processing is handled, of course, but this might explain what I am seeing.
It
(2016-03-09, 21:08)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Could the date provided for pvr recordings in a widget be (optionally) full rather than just the time of day? It's pretty hard to distinguish recordings made daily with only a time of day (which stays constant).

Good suggestion. Changed it. Fixed in next beta.
(2016-03-09, 23:27)Syon25 Wrote: [ -> ]i miss for example dvdrip, bdrip or bd untouched as independent sources

There is a table in the skin that shows the correct quality label belonging to the filename or streaminfo.
That same table is used in almost every skin. If you are missing something, please provide me how to detect it, for example if something is in the filename ? This most be a generally supported thing
(2016-03-10, 01:03)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this kind of customization is for the faint at heart and remember that it would get over-written by updates -- I'm not sure if there is a way to put custom over-rides for this sort of thing in the userdata section, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can comment about that!

Better to just think about it together and add it in the skin instead of everyone making it's own customizations. That way we all benefit.
If you provide me with the tests I should do against the filename, I can add in a few more filetype labels, no problem.
(2016-03-10, 01:46)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote: [ -> ]With setting "Autoclose OSD" set to null, the OSD (with player controls) autocloses itself immediately after opening.

Good catch, will be fixed in next beta
(2016-03-10, 02:33)CogZog Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, superb skin, definitely my favourite! Anyhow, I am hoping someone has the answer to a question that I have.

I have successfully changed the colours of the Sub Menu text but now, the colour doesn't change when I am scrolling through each sub heading, which makes it impossible to know what sub menu item I am on. If I revert back to white text then the blue highlight works as usual. Here is a screenshot showing the submenu and I am selecting the 1channel submenu item but the text stays dark blue. Can anyone tell me how to set a highlight colour when using custom text colours please?

If you use the skin settings to change the colors you won't have this issue.
My guess is that you changed it by using COLOR tags in the menu's label ?

Your screenshotlink is broken so I don't know which submenu you use but for the traditional horizontal submenu, the colors will be the same as the buttons colors. Check the skin settings --> Custom color settings
(2016-03-10, 04:33)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recall the name of this view (and I can't find out) because
  1. I don't have the sideblade/options menu (no, Disable sideblade/options menu is not enabled)
  2. I can not navigate with a phone app because there is no focus once entering the page
  3. Also note that the Home button is not present with this layout, it is present for my movies which are in the "Big Panel Details" layout.

The name of that view is Big Panel Wall, which is a true full screen view of posters.
- Because it's a full screen view, no other components will be visible, so no header, footer or whatsoever. By design.
- The focus issue should already be solved in recent versions.
- Only if the screen aspect ratio is 16:10 (e.g. tablets) the footer with touch controls will be visible because there will be some additional vertical space.

This view is meant to control with a remote control, not very suitable for mouse I guess because there are no buttons.
(2016-03-10, 21:35)PixelJunkie77 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm struggling to get my custom backgrounds to stick when i transfer my setup from pc to android device. At which point in the file structure do i change paths to special, is it:

special://userdata/backgrounds/Kodi 5.jpg

or

special://backgrounds/Kodi 5.jpg

also which xml files need to edited for this to work?

If you use the skin's builtin backup feature it will also transfer your custom backgrounds.
No need to struggle with paths and/or xml files.
(2016-03-10, 21:36)mikpj Wrote: [ -> ]I am in an addon and the view is "SHOWCASE", I change it to panel detail but when i come back it switched to Showcase.

That means that the addon you're using is forcing the view.
Check the addon settings, look for anything called "force view" or "set view" and disable it.

You can also take a look at the skin's Forced views feature in the skin settings. It will allow you to set your view preferences for specific content types.
(2016-03-14, 11:27)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 04:33)diedrichg Wrote: [ -> ]
  • I can not navigate with a phone app because there is no focus once entering the page
The name of that view is Big Panel Wall, which is a true full screen view of posters.
- The focus issue should already be solved in recent versions.
I remember you saying it was fixed but in this particular view (Big Panel Wall) I do not get a focus. I can't use my controller's D pad nor can I use a phone app such as Kore.
Hi sorry if this isn't in the right place, after a few times in and out of kodi the skin seems to crash and cancel all my sub menus, thumbnails etc

Am I doing something wrong, is it me messing it all up lol ?

Great Skin, after trying them all out at the wife's annoyance everyone is delighted with Titan.

Thanks for the efforts and keep up the good work
(2016-03-11, 03:54)Tennyten Wrote: [ -> ]I believe extra fanart is not rotating within collection sets fyi.

Thanks for the catch, will be fixed in next update.