Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of notes:

1) I noticed that there seems to be a problem with video title names in the footer. For movies that are offline, I see a title in the footer but for movies that are online (where video info is provided in the left part of the footer), no title is shown.

2) While trying to solve an issue with the PBS ThinkTV plugin, I noted a number of entries in the log that appear to be related to using the ExtendedInfo script for auto-completion of text fields. I am not much of a fan of autocompletion and I would like to make the following suggestions:
(a) Make it entirely optional and the default is 'off'.
(b) Never auto-complete password fields -- if you can't discriminate password fields in Kodi, then autocompletion is a very bad idea -- even with a warning when the user enables it. At best it leaves password data in the log files and/or cache data, and at worst it sends password data in the clear over the network (or internet).

thanks!
Bug: when pressing info on a movie widget, the critics consensus is for the next movie
Edit: not allways, maybe just for the ones added minutes ago?
(2016-03-05, 16:00)boro boy Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers appricate it as the cdart is definatley showing up in other skins such as Aeon MQ 6 & Chroma

Sorry, your log was not very helpfull as it didn't contain any info that something was wrong.

Would it be possible for you to give the beta version of the skin a try ?
This should also update the skinhelper service to the latest beta version and that contains some fixes for the music artwork detection.

Also, if you press contextmenu on a music artist/album/song you should be able to press "Artwork settings". What happens if you press "refresh item" in the next dialog ?
(2016-03-05, 20:38)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]PS. Before these tests I was careful to reset the caches for PVR Art, and Music Art, as well as pre-load the music art cache using the options in the skin helper configuration. The speed of some of the transitions may be a little laggy due to the fact that the media and artwork are picked up over a network on my test configuration -- however kodi is locally installed and cached on local hard drive (SSD) so that part should be very fast.

I discovered a small bug (with big impact) earlier today which I have solved. This should fix the issues you described.
Please have a look at new skin + helper beta later today and let me know.
(2016-03-05, 22:03)VMCosco Wrote: [ -> ]1) Navigation/Remote Click issues: having to click twice, move the directional button to activate movement (I believe you have already made a fix for this)
2) Selection buttons in pop-ups are not "selectable"; can't highlight "yes" or "no" etc.
3) Skin widgets pulling incorrect items (i.e. recommended movies is showing albums, recent albums is showing random movies, etc)
4) Widget tags cannot be Customized even when customize is selected. Tags still show on landscape no matter what I select.

And on additional question: Is it possible to get proper landscape art for the Trending TV Shows (Trakt) and Trending Movies (Trakts) widgets? I just get the show fanart with a tag over it.

Thanks as always for a great skin and for always working through these issues for all of us.

Issues 1-4 should be fixed in next beta for the skin and skin helper. I will also push to stable tomorrow.
As for the additional question: no not possible atm because those widgets are provided by extendedinfo script and it doesn't provide extended artwork. Maybe this will be added in a future update.
(2016-03-06, 04:22)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]Noticing the tile images seem to be taking ages to appear lately.
Take anywhere upto 4 or 5 minutes for them to appear

Are you using plex and/or flix2kodi addons on your system ?
(2016-03-06, 06:22)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]A small issue I've noticed with both jarvis and isengard versios; when starting to play a video, the info bar that is displayed at the bottom will not disappear on it's own sometimes. You have to stop and restart the video, and then usually it will disappear on it's own.

Does it dissapear when you press the <info> key ?
(2016-03-06, 11:22)francovilar Wrote: [ -> ]It's better but I have to press up one time to focus the widget. If I press exit it does nothing and if I press right/left it goes to the widgets of the next main menu widgets. Maybe the focus is in the row of widgets but the focus should be in one movie/tvshow. Hope it makes sense

Please try with next beta, I squashed a bug which caused focus issues.
Also, the exit key won't take you out of the widget, the back button will.
(2016-03-06, 21:44)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 11:22)francovilar Wrote: [ -> ]It's better but I have to press up one time to focus the widget. If I press exit it does nothing and if I press right/left it goes to the widgets of the next main menu widgets. Maybe the focus is in the row of widgets but the focus should be in one movie/tvshow. Hope it makes sense

Please try with next beta, I squashed a bug which caused focus issues.
Also, the exit key won't take you out of the widget, the back button will.
Thank you
By exit key I meant back button
(2016-03-06, 15:56)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]1) I noticed that there seems to be a problem with video title names in the footer. For movies that are offline, I see a title in the footer but for movies that are online (where video info is provided in the left part of the footer), no title is shown.

2) While trying to solve an issue with the PBS ThinkTV plugin, I noted a number of entries in the log that appear to be related to using the ExtendedInfo script for auto-completion of text fields. I am not much of a fan of autocompletion and I would like to make the following suggestions:
(a) Make it entirely optional and the default is 'off'.
(b) Never auto-complete password fields -- if you can't discriminate password fields in Kodi, then autocompletion is a very bad idea -- even with a warning when the user enables it. At best it leaves password data in the log files and/or cache data, and at worst it sends password data in the clear over the network (or internet).

1) Not an issue but by design. The title will not be shown if the mediainfo (codec info etc) is shown, because of the simple fact it would collide otherwise.If you'd like to see the title, maybe you should enable the setting to show the title in the (sub)header.

2) It should ignore any password fields already. Maybe the addon implemented the password field as a normal text field? Can you see actual text when typing the password or do you see an asterisk * symbol ?
(2016-03-06, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 04:22)Glyde62 Wrote: [ -> ]Noticing the tile images seem to be taking ages to appear lately.
Take anywhere upto 4 or 5 minutes for them to appear

Are you using plex and/or flix2kodi addons on your system ?
no, did have flix4kodi a while ago but has been uninstalled
(2016-03-06, 21:54)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]1) Not an issue but by design. The title will not be shown if the mediainfo (codec info etc) is shown, because of the simple fact it would collide otherwise.If you'd like to see the title, maybe you should enable the setting to show the title in the (sub)header.

2) It should ignore any password fields already. Maybe the addon implemented the password field as a normal text field? Can you see actual text when typing the password or do you see an asterisk * symbol ?

OK, on 1) I figured this might be the case, but there does not seem to be an option to turn the codec info off -- might one be added? Or maybe rationalize the whole footer thing as you did with the header to avoid conflicting options? I would rather have the title and the sub header won't work for me (I think) because I have the weather in that location. {Too much info, not enough space :-}

On 2) the addon was the PBS ThinkTV addon and in the displayed fields the *** were present. However, when you enter this data in the keyboard dialog, it *is* visible (to be expected, I guess), and also in the logfile you can see the password as it is (incrementally) handed to the extended info script. This may have been due to DEBUG logging, but it made me think of other exposures -- particularly if the data was being sent out to some auto-completion source on the internet.
(2016-03-06, 23:38)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]OK, on 1) I figured this might be the case, but there does not seem to be an option to turn the codec info off -- might one be added? Or maybe rationalize the whole footer thing as you did with the header to avoid conflicting options? I would rather have the title and the sub header won't work for me (I think) because I have the weather in that location. {Too much info, not enough space :-}

On 2) the addon was the PBS ThinkTV addon and in the displayed fields the *** were present. However, when you enter this data in the keyboard dialog, it *is* visible (to be expected, I guess), and also in the logfile you can see the password as it is (incrementally) handed to the extended info script. This may have been due to DEBUG logging, but it made me think of other exposures -- particularly if the data was being sent out to some auto-completion source on the internet.

1) I will add an option to disable the media info, that's the easiest fix for now. I might rationalize the whole footer settings later like I did with the header options.

2) That was indeed your debug logging. Won't happen without debug logging as the autocomplete script will ignore the input completely if it's a password field.
Kodi 16.0
Titan 3.6.38
Emby Server 3.0.5897.0

I tried out the widget [Video Library>Emby TV>Next Episodes] and I am not getting the actual upcoming episodes listed in [Emby WebUI>TV>Upcoming] instead I am getting the output of [Emby WebUI>TV>Suggestions]

Emby upcoming episodes

Titan upcoming episodes widget

What Titan is actually pulling from Emby
Suggestions in Emby are your Next Episodes (as in your next to watch), what you are looking for is your next aired Tv that comes from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186090

Next Episodes

Next Aired TV

Will give you this

Same as your Upcoming from Emby